Gov't bailout fails in the House

AK

Re: Gov't bailout fails in the House

can i borrow a dime from you wvu?

my bank is wachovia.....

what a day...

You have a legal right to withdraw your entire balance no matter what size it is within 72 business hours of notifying them.

Keep a million in cash might be the best thing right now.

WVU

EOG Master

my bank is wachovia.....

what a day...

Wachovia here too. Cash is king, time to start stockpiling and buying up foreign currencies that are a bit more stable

AK

I remember the days when my old timer father told me banks would never fail. How wrong he was.

Cash is good however Gold is King

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

This plan bailed out the rich corps who lost thier bets and wrote bad paper. The bailout was financed by our children, and thier children. Not only did it fail to pass, it failed to pass badly. An incredible taxpayer financial burden that protected the bankers and money people. You could sort of say the buck stops here on that vote. This is going to get very ugly, fast.

Best wishes...OF :blink:

PassTheRock

EOG Master

Looks like the rich got cock-blocked.

They will re-write a few things and then try to pass it again.

WVU

EOG Master

I am confused as to why the overwhelming support for this buyout is by the Dems and not the Republicans?

:+clueless

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

They can rewrite all they want, this horse fled the barn long ago. This is a global disaster already, much like the great depression, was started by a failed bank in Austria. Well, it is our turn this time. Every European country now is either taking over, or bailing out thier biggest banks. We are teetering on a global disaster. The real estate holding groups, and mortgage backed security groups are toast. They loaned to our bad banks. We are completely screwed no matter what. They will pass something, just what or when. Every other country in Europe is already doing that. Without credit and money moving the entire world economy will crash and burn. The worlds biggest firms are scrambling to remain solvent. Wall street is all about greed.

Best Wishes...OF :pop:

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated

Only 11 votes away from passage.

Time to twist arms and line their back pockets with blank checks for their district.

10 more billion for each vote now.

It just went from 700 billion to 800 billion to get it passed thats all.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

I am confused as to why the overwhelming support for this buyout is by the Dems and not the Republicans?

:+clueless
Because there is over sight and regulations. Two things Republicans hate and also two things that got us in this mess in the first place. thieves don't like to be monitored

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

Only 11 votes away from passage.

10 more billion for each vote now.

It just went from 700 billion to 800 billion to get it passed thats all.
They're all crooks and scoundrels and should be in jail with their leader, King George!

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

I thought it was 12 votes? The government is going to end up owning everything. By hook, crook or vote. They want to insure profit on this bailout. The money people will sweeten the pot and get the needed votes. They in turn will help thier puppets, buy them off and get them to pass off all debts to taxpayers. Goodbye middle class.

History is repeating itself, see preNazi Germany. Central banking doomed us to this end game.

Best Wishes...OF 2938u4ji23

WVU

EOG Master

Nearing 600 point drop for the day which is well over 5%. 50% of all americans just got a little poorer.

cheapseats

EOG Master

For all that is going on, its a bit odd to me that gold is only up 6 an oz. You'd think it would be heading on a straight line to 1,200...not so, at least for now...odd...

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Nearing 600 point drop for the day which is well over 5%. 50% of all americans just got a little poorer.

That sucking sound you hear is middle class America getting sucked dry. What's left to take? Real Estate prices bottoming out, financial markets in global turmoil, wall street funds just crushed. I would say almost every American is going to take this in the shorts. Just how bad is the question. The world's net wealth is falling by the minute. Looks like I picked a bad week to quit dropping acid.

Best Wishes...OF :blink:

WVU

EOG Master

Most of my assets are in real estate so I find it hard to pity those getting crushed in the stock market. If the real estate market has to correct itself to about 150k average worth then the Dow also has to correct itself to about the 7-8000 level.

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated

Most of my assets are in real estate so I find it hard to pity those getting crushed in the stock market. If the real estate market has to correct itself to about 150k average worth then the Dow also has to correct itself to about the 7-8000 level.

Real Estate prices will fall no matter what.

No more gimmick loans price out all customers. We are getting back to the days of 20% down, good credit and income verfication for home lending.

You cannot make a sale if you do not have a customer. There are no customers.

The housing market will crash and crash hard back to levels of the mid 1990's.

I say at least a 66% drop in Real Estate prices!

Good news for the young americans.

Better news for those sitting with cash and took their money out of the stock market.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Apple could take a 20% hit. Wonder how many funds have that stock? Forget the domestic auto manufacturers. They were to apply for a $25 billion dollar bailout, since who cares when you are doling out 700 bil to the banking system. They are just about dead. They spent the past decades lobbying congress for lax fuel standards, instead of developing fuel efficient models and or hybrids. Watch the Japanese build quite a few new North American assembly plants to further drive the big three to thier ultimate deaths. I don't see any congressman voting for that bailout when a actual needed one can't pass.

They better stop the bleeding asap. They have to extend troubled mortgages with longer terms, and refi those jumpers into fixed, keeping whoever is left paying thier bills paying. When people walk away from thier debts the buck never stops. That's where we are at today. If they don't immediately keep the potential next wave from getting submerged, the show is over. Talk about a market correction, this is a loser only game. No one wins.

Best Wishes...OF :cheers

Meet you in the soup line.

WVU

EOG Master

Stock now down 700 points.

This is bad....really bad

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated

Stock now down 700 points.

This is bad....really bad

The worst is yet to come.

We may see it hit the levels of 1995 and that would mean a 60% drop at its worst.

And in turn the 66% in drop in Real Estate prices will follow.

Cash is King!

And if you didnt see this coming and kept your money in the stock market you have only yourself to blame.

Publicsmoney

EOG Addicted

O Royken

You sound soo disgruntled.....Move on in life and quit watching the day to day ticks that the Market takes. Very unhealthy way of going about investing.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

I don't see the real estate prices falling much further. Right now buyers are jumping in because rents are higher than payments. Anyone with any equity can get bought and let someone else pay for thier home. That is pretty much the farthest it can fall. The market is where the real beating always takes place. Housing and land are controlled by need. Speculation and paper money are subject to huge corrections not seen for several decades. A blue chipper like Apple just dodging a 20% hit in one day pretty much outdoes anything bad real estate will ever do.

Best Wishes...oF :smokesmal

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated

O Royken

You sound soo disgruntled.....Move on in life and quit watching the day to day ticks that the Market takes. Very unhealthy way of going about investing.

I am not disgruntled. I see opportunity when the market corrects itself. I tip my cap to the Shrink who sold. I sold out 3 years ago.

This is a great day for me. I put my money on the dont pass line 3 years ago and saw this coming!

There is opportunity with this crash if you saw it coming and acted.

Do you remember the .dot com crash? Go back and do the math and you see my numbers add up.

That taught me to get the hell out of this market 3 years ago my friend.

This is the scam mortgage crash. But there will be more opportunities with this crash because property is involved instead of paper.

my bank is wachovia.....

what a day...

What's the deal with that. I saw a quick blurb that their banking operations were being taken over by Citibank. Is that correct? I have my car loan through them I wonder if that will be effected?

Because there is over sight and regulations. Two things Republicans hate and also two things that got us in this mess in the first place. thieves don't like to be monitored
Kinda like giving money to ACORN eh?
Like the left are all such angels.
I keep hearing that barney franks lover made millions
off of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
Go figure.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

What's the deal with that. I saw a quick blurb that their banking operations were being taken over by Citibank. Is that correct? I have my car loan through them I wonder if that will be effected?

Stop paying and see who contacts you.

Best Wishes...OF :smokesmal

f@CKING bastards have the nerve to reject this crap after the asian and eastern markets have already closed.

tomorrow bright and early shit is gonna turn really really ugly

Stop paying and see who contacts you.

Best Wishes...OF :smokesmal

I stopped paying a long time ago.::LMAO::I guess it doesn't really matter who I'm sending my money to.

The banks don't deserve to be bailed out. People will suffer for their mistakes either way. Either through tax dollars or less available money to lend out. Banks are the #1 lobbyist in the US. I would have sworn it was the medical industry but sure enough it's the banks. In turn the republicans have taken away regulations that allowed banks to be consumed by other banks making a situation where they are "too big to let fail". Make people have invested interested in your success and you'll never be allowed to fail? I say let them crumble and put the pieces back together. This isn't like the bailouts in the past that the government made money on. The airlines were bailed out but the government made a profit from the interest. This will never correct itself if we allow this bail out.

The Prophet

EOG Dedicated

Always wondered how a friend of mine could smoke $30 cigars and sip the finest cognacs while sporting a few interest-only ARM’s on a couple homes with no equity, a couple auto loans and literally a half-a-dozen maxed-out credit cards.

I would consider my friend to be “main-street” American.

He has recently foreclosed on one home, is in renegotiations on the loans of his current residence, while successfully closing out several credit cards after negotiating payments for only a fraction of their outstanding balances.

Yeah, his FICA score is taking a tumble…

But how was someone who owns nothing be allowed to bury him self in so much unsecured credit debt?

Simple Answer: Because he was allowed to by a financial system of greedy substandard lending practices that provided a plethora of unsecured loans to those who didn’t have sufficient security (collateral) as well as the financial means/ability to repay their debt.

Such lending institutional practices were also orchestrated in collaboration with the construction/home building as well as the real estate industries.

Who’s “really” responsible? :+clueless

Consider what is going to happen when the in-debt "main-street" Americans' begin losing their employment due to this "Wall Street" credit crunch"?

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

The Fed just made up another 700 billion. Those central banks can now currency exchange for 620 bil. Another 300 bil in short term loans. The Federal Reserve just bypassed congress.

Best Wishes...OF :blink:

I stopped paying a long time ago.::LMAO::I guess it doesn't really matter who I'm sending my money to.

The banks don't deserve to be bailed out. People will suffer for their mistakes either way. Either through tax dollars or less available money to lend out. Banks are the #1 lobbyist in the US. I would have sworn it was the medical industry but sure enough it's the banks. In turn the republicans have taken away regulations that allowed banks to be consumed by other banks making a situation where they are "too big to let fail". Make people have invested interested in your success and you'll never be allowed to fail? I say let them crumble and put the pieces back together. This isn't like the bailouts in the past that the government made money on. The airlines were bailed out but the government made a profit from the interest. This will never correct itself if we allow this bail out.

I wish people had the full scope of the meaning of this failure. It seems like most of you are talking like this shit wont affect you.

You think that because your house is paid off your car is paid off you are ok.

Some of you.(those who have regular jobs, dont even know that you could get fired in two days because your company no longer has any operating capital)

It is alarming how little most of the people making noise about this bail out actually know.

People, massive bank failures, will lead to unprecedented chaos in the entire economy not only in the housing market! Every single sector will be affected!
Many industries may come to a full halt..(that may not hurt too much since we already shipped our industrial jobs overseas)

I dont know what to say any more.

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated

Always wondered how a friend of mine could smoke $30 cigars and sip the finest cognacs while sporting a few interest-only ARM?s on a couple homes with no equity, a couple auto loans and literally a half-a-dozen maxed-out credit cards.

I would consider my friend to be ?main-street? American.

He has recently foreclosed on one home, is in renegotiations on the loans of his current residence, while successfully closing out several credit cards after negotiating payments for only a fraction of their outstanding balances.

Yeah, his FICA score is taking a tumble?

But how was someone who owns nothing be allowed to bury him self in so much unsecured credit debt?

Simple Answer: Because he was allowed to by a financial system of greedy substandard lending practices that provided a plethora of unsecured loans to those who didn?t have sufficient security (collateral) as well as the financial means/ability to repay their debt.

Such lending institutional practices were also orchestrated in collaboration with the construction/home building as well as the real estate industries.

Who?s ?really? responsible? :+clueless

Consider what is going to happen when the in-debt "main-street" Americans' begin losing their employment due to this "Wall Street" credit crunch"?

The media is putting too much blame on Wall Street and lenders.

Government were partners in crime for this mortgage scam. A few criminal minds in Washington got togethor and figured out a plan how to bring in more tax dollars for the government and came up with their partners in Wall St with the mortgage scam.

Politicians looked the other way because of the tax dollars generated by this scam. The Government got theirs way in advance!!

The Government made tons of money taxing the builders, lenders and customers who bought all these homes they couldnt afford. Think about those taxes dollars that came in for the sale of all those artifically high priced homes? And why did Congress want to put every American into a home? So they can collect property taxes from them as well as earn tax dollars from the loan and sale.

This isnt a bailout. The government is just returning back some of the profits they made from the mortgage scam. The real issue is that Congress spent all the money and the investors took the hit.

The Government were partners in this crime!

The Prophet

EOG Dedicated

The media is putting too much blame on Wall Street and lenders.

Government were partners in crime for this mortgage scam. A few criminal minds in Washington got togethor and figured out a plan how to bring in more tax dollars for the government and came up with their partners in Wall St with the mortgage scam.

Politicians looked the other way because of the tax dollars generated by this scam. The Government got theirs way in advance!!

The Government made tons of money taxing the builders, lenders and customers who bought all these homes they couldnt afford. Think about those taxes dollars that came in for the sale of all those artifically high priced homes? And why did Congress want to put every American into a home? So they can collect property taxes from them as well as earn tax dollars from the loan and sale.

This isnt a bailout. The government is just returning back some of the profits they made from the mortgage scam. The real issue is that Congress spent all the money and the investors took the hit.

The Government were partners in this crime!

Indeed, as some can see, my cigar smoking, cognac indulging "main-street" buddy has simply taken a financial page from his governmental leaders who are quickly heading towards +11 TRILLION dollars in debt?a debt he and his leaders apparently welcome not only upon themselves but all of us.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

NASDAQ got brutalized. Dropped through support at 2,000. 9.14% loss. All the tech selloff is recession bets. Nothing to do with financial selloffs. Tough times are ahead, that is the bet. This was a brutal domino.

Best Wishes...OF :pop:

CNBC has spent the last few hours calling the general public "stupid", while threatening them with a return to the Great Depression if they do not force their representatives to vote through the 700 Billion.

Rick Santelli was the only one to stand up and call out Wall St. as a bunch of greedy bastards who led the American public off this cliff.

Meanwhile Alan Greenspan sits at home enjoying the New Year. He led the charge in continually lowering rates, igniting this bonfire of the economy, then handing it off when he saw it was growing out of control.