MANY reasons to like the Angels to WIN it all...the main one is

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated
Re: MANY reasons to like the Angels to WIN it all...the main one is

You are just too sharp T.

Why not keep a record of all your plays for everyone to see?

Oh wait you tried that once :)

LOL. I know what you mean here Jman in a big way.

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

Journeyman

EOG Master

LOL, oh please..

I knew when I shut the eyelids last night this thread would be awaiting this morning.

I will live and die with this series now....unfortunately, the only ones ever bumped are these kind, or Frog will crack a joke, I lose more of the 'main page' picks than I win...it is what is , it is forumville.

one thing I have noticed about EOG compared to the X, only the negative or losing stuff is ever bumped, the old place was not like that.

series is not over though, Lester was amazing last night and the Angels looked like the Angels vs Boston in post season....

on the bright side (if there is one) the Angels are still a win away from even, must win game 2 (obviously)

And in ALDS play , the game 1 winner is only 14-16 to win the series, so there is hope, a lot more is being made about this one game because of recent history....

You could see it in the Angels faces last night. 'here we go again' :(

Ellsbury is the new MR OCT!!!!:+excited-

And VLAD may kill the RED SOX in the next game....but the guy is a bonehead!!! I am glad he plays for the ANGELS.....:doh1

Journeyman

EOG Master

Everyone is all over Vladdy today and for good reason....but, nobody has mentioned what a perfect play Youkilis made....

If he doesn't make a perfect pick up and pivot and throw , Vlad beats it, Youkilis made a perfect play which made Vladdy out by a mile, ANY slight bobble, or even his footwork and Guerrero beats that play, Youkilis was PERFECT on that play.

I was surprised Hunter made no effort to steal second after that.

JMAN...I watched the replay this mornoing 2 or 3 times...that was BAD baserunning...he watched the ball drop before he got to second base.

Plus he had no clue the ball wouldn't be caught...

He just seems like a the kinda guy who is talent only and dumb as a brick...I could be wrong, but that is how he appears..

He has no clue at the plate either...the first inning he goes up there on the first pitch he sees and hacks at a high fastball and pops out to the infield...I know that is his game...but like I said...I'm glad he is an ANGEL..

I also know he could come up hugh tonite....but if he does it will be the first time in his playoff career...

On the other hand ANDERSON scares the shit outta me!!!

Journeyman

EOG Master

JMAN...I watched the replay this mornoing 2 or 3 times...that was BAD baserunning...he watched the ball drop before he got to second base.

Plus he had no clue the ball wouldn't be caught...

He just seems like a the kinda guy who is talent only and dumb as a brick...I could be wrong, but that is how he appears..

He has no clue at the plate either...the first inning he goes up there on the first pitch he sees and hacks at a high fastball and pops out to the infield...I know that is his game...but like I said...I'm glad he is an ANGEL..

I also know he could come up hugh tonite....but if he does it will be the first time in his playoff career...

On the other hand ANDERSON scares the shit outta me!!!

I totally agree with everything said here (accept for Anderson)

It was horrible baserunning, horrible!

Youk made a perfect play though ...Vladdy gets by entirely on his natural ability, which is about as great as you can get, if he had an ounce of baseball smarts, he doesn't run...

I was shocked when I realized he was headed for third, I assumed he just ran the entire time (which he did not do) .

Guerrero is not going to fundamentally beat anyone... he's the type to swing at a ball in the dirt with bases loaded and a wild pitcher who just walked 3, swinging at the first pitch...not what you really want and it's no wonder he's laid a post season egg.

JMAN that guy will swing at anything....and the amazing part....

He hammers bad pitches..lol!!

I am just used to watching the SOX who study a pitcher and take a ton of pitches...the ANGELS are more aggressive and I don't know if that works in the playoffs...but this thing is far from over...we'll have to wait and see.

Anderson seems to be very focused in the playoffs...he hits against the SOX..

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

Winky said:
to me this all comes down to G1

the LA Angels of Topeka, KS have lost 9 straight to the Sawx dating back to Donnie Moore. IF the angels LOSE G1 - this series is OVAHHHHH - mentally the Angels are beaten

having said that i jumped on Lackey -15 monday night because coming off the pathetic showing he had friday vs texass and being at home - he will win this game - a game i will be at

i think this one goes 5 - and what happens then..................???

Great analysis here IMO. Winky is dead on that the Red Sox have the Angels number and that is in the Angels' heads. Losing Game 1 and with home field advantage goin gover to Boston to win it at home helps the Sox immensely.

Where's FK this morning? Been awfully quiet in Yankee land, as you KNOW a loss last night by the Sox would have had an early posting by him. Maybe he's playing golf with Jeter and the boys.

Journeyman

EOG Master

It's one game, this is the equivalent of bumping a football game after the first qtr ...unreal.

I think everyones overreacting because of what has happened in the past.

Journeyman

EOG Master

they lost 9 straight post season games but Hunter and Tex especially had nothing to do with it...lets see how this unfolds before we crown the Sox .

sl55

EOG Veteran

they lost 9 straight post season games but Hunter and Tex especially had nothing to do with it...lets see how this unfolds before we crown the Sox .

I agree,one game does not make the whole series.Unless WVU said the Angels were looking past Boston,I think your prediction will be ok Jman.

Journeyman

EOG Master

I agree,one game does not make the whole series.Unless WVU said the Angels were looking past Boston,I think your prediction will be ok Jman.

Beckett is the key, if he is the Beckett of past post seasons then the Angels are in major trouble...fortunately they could still win it around Beckett since he will only get one start.

Lester was incredible last night, nobody was going to beat him with that nasty stuff. He was ahead all night and his curveball was sick.

Obviously LAA are in a just spot now, but so is everyone else who's down 1-0.

5 game series are just real tough to overcome any mistakes, I wish MLB would switch to 7 games, with the WC situation it makes it kind of unfair and this is a perfect example of not bweing rewarded for winning 100 games...

Drawing Boston in a best of 5 because they can't play their division team in rd 1, really tough draw for LA.

It's one game, this is the equivalent of bumping a football game after the first qtr ...unreal.

I think everyones overreacting because of what has happened in the past.

Still too early?

The Prophet

EOG Dedicated

The short series is what scares me, anything can happen in a weekend.

Angels were the best team in baseball this season, period.

We'll see how it plays out, they have way more firepower now , adding Mark the lineup is much more like an AL East lineup.

Saying Boston will win, is the square thing to say.

Have you ever picked a winner?

Journeyman

EOG Master

Have you ever picked a winner?

funny....obviously you haven't read many threads of mine. have u ever visited the baseball forums the past 7 yrs. or the contests? Asswipe.

have you ever posted anything worth reading? fuck u