Conservatives would vote for Palin over Obama?

Re: Conservatives would vote for Palin over Obama?

Why is it a stretch? Because you are for Obama/Biden and feel they are superior? Biased maybe? Last I saw Palin held her own against Biden in the debates. Wheres the problem?

Do you mean except for the book banning, obstruction of justice, wacky fringe religious practices, and lack of any moral, ethical or intellectual depth? Anybody who refuses to admit her serious--and dangerous--flaws is not really ready to hold a meaningful discussion. Haha. . .Thanks for playing, we have a nice parting gift for you, as well.:cheers:cheers

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated

<TABLE class=tborder id=post1581845 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid"> 10-09-08, 09:24 PM <!-- / status icon and date --></TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid" align=right> #40 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 0px solid" width=175>Sportsgirl<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1581845", true); </SCRIPT>
Steeler fan

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_1581845 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid"><!-- icon and title --> Re: Conservatives would vote for Palin over Obama?
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by IDENTITY
sportsgirl - i just find it funny you got very viscious. that is because i was actually right...that you would vote for palin over obama. you can keep attacking me, which is fine. as i said, you totally don't have to answer. but if i was not right in my assessment, you would not have gotten so upset imho. we will just agree to disagree.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
See, this is why you are ridiculous. You continue to assume things, to pretend that you know me. Why is this? Because you post on the same sports forum as I do, you're a "sportsgirl expert"? Intersting.
1. You have not seen me be anywhere close to vicious.
2. Once again, for the illiterate and slowminded, I.AM.NOT.UPSET.
3. You have not come close to touching on the reason I haven't answered you. Keep trying, though; you're continued attempts to pretend to "know" me are sorta of amusing.

BITCH SLAP #2. Damn, Id, you must love getting punked.

PassTheRock

EOG Master

Sportsgirl does not seem to be upset in any one post she made. Or did I miss it? :+clueless

Panic

EOG Dedicated

Do you mean except for the book banning, obstruction of justice, wacky fringe religious practices, and lack of any moral, ethical or intellectual depth? Anybody who refuses to admit her serious--and dangerous--flaws is not really ready to hold a meaningful discussion. Haha. . .Thanks for playing, we have a nice parting gift for you, as well.:cheers:cheers

Or the plagerizing racist that is anything but a beacon for change? Move along kid, you wont have to worry about a job if Obama gets elected. Life is good for you....maybe.:cheers

TonyMar

EOG Dedicated

<TABLE class=tborder id=post1581845 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid"> 10-09-08, 09:24 PM <!-- / status icon and date --></TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid" align=right>#40 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 0px solid" width=175>Sportsgirl<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1581845", true); </SCRIPT>
Steeler fan

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_1581845 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid"><!-- icon and title --> Re: Conservatives would vote for Palin over Obama?
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by IDENTITY
sportsgirl - i just find it funny you got very viscious. that is because i was actually right...that you would vote for palin over obama. you can keep attacking me, which is fine. as i said, you totally don't have to answer. but if i was not right in my assessment, you would not have gotten so upset imho. we will just agree to disagree.

See, this is why you are ridiculous. You continue to assume things, to pretend that you know me. Why is this? Because you post on the same sports forum as I do, you're a "sportsgirl expert"? Intersting.
1. You have not seen me be anywhere close to vicious.
2. Once again, for the illiterate and slowminded, I.AM.NOT.UPSET.
3. You have not come close to touching on the reason I haven't answered you. Keep trying, though; you're continued attempts to pretend to "know" me are sorta of amusing.

BITCH SLAP #2. Damn, Id, you must love getting punked.

i think it is turning into that scene from the 'holy grail' here

nothing left but a 'stump':+excited-

panic - i think the difference between biden and palin is that biden is not a complete joke. palin is an absolute disaster. from her not being smart, to uninformed, to inciting hatred and bigotry. just amazing that people really genuinely think palin is not a joke...they genuinely believed she answered the questions at the debate. this is not about biden. it's about palin. how one can be crazy about her is beyond me. now if biden was up against mccain, one could reasonably take either. i just don't see how a rational person would want palin running our country.

hines - thank you for your response. even though you relate more with the republican party, dontcha still think palin is a joke? i just don't get how anyone could want her to be our commander in chief over anyone really. i couldn't think of anyone worse.

Panic

EOG Dedicated

i think it is turning into that scene from the 'holy grail' here

nothing left but a 'stump':+excited-

lol. That is one greatest movies. "Just a flesh wound."

Or the plagerizing racist that is anything but a beacon for change? Move along kid, you wont have to worry about a job if Obama gets elected. Life is good for you....maybe.:cheers

And once more for the chorus: that would be "President" plagiarizing racist. . .:cheers

TonyMar

EOG Dedicated

fuck

forget about the country as you know it if barry rezko gets elected

small businesses will start closing hand over fist

the one area where job losses have not been felt...and barry wants to tax 'em till the lights go off

jobs? what kind of jobs will there be? i guess government jobs that pay you in monopoly money

hines - thank you for your response. even though you relate more with the republican party, dontcha still think palin is a joke? i just don't get how anyone could want her to be our commander in chief over anyone really. i couldn't think of anyone worse.

Is Palin unexperienced? Sure. But I will posit two interconnecting reasons why her being President might be a very very good thing.

1) Her inexperience and lack of knowledge could lead to the shrinking of the power of the Oval Office (something I think needs to be done). I think she will rely more on advisers who are experts in their forte than current and recent Presidents who have wantonly dismissed these same experts for their own means. If this indeed does happen, than a Palin presidency would be a great thing.

2) Building off of point 1, both McCain's and Obama's foreign policy platforms are recipes for disaster. Like I said in another thread, Obama's is suicidal and McCain's is just plain dumb. If Palin is President hopefully she will be more prone to defer to people with experience in these areas. A Palin foreign policy heavily influenced by knowledgable diplomats is a lot better than the foreign policy strategies McCain and Obama have proposed.

but hines - you can already see that palin has extreme views...she would not be open to advisors like obama is...she would just do what is in her best political interest...she would be rigid like bush and mcbush...it's scary!

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

That people still admit that they would vote for Bush again puts an end to any semblance of reason or humanity behind their 'logic'.

P.S. Go Leafs!:cheers

ID - Obama's foreign policy is suicidal. Him repeating that if Pakistan is unwilling or unable to come up with Bin Laden that we should invade is downright ludicrous. For third world countries who are not a danger to us, that is one thing. But to invade Pakistan (a country we have backed through thick and thin, that we backed when they were massacring Bengalis, through many oppressive dictatorships, etc.) when they have been an ally and are a country with nuclear weapons is ridiculous. Obama is inviting a nuclear attack on the United States.

Hines:

I agree that the power of the Executive Branch has reached dangerous proportions. However, I don't subscribe to the theory that she'll make use of the many talented individuals who have served many Republican administrations as top-notch advisors. First--like the buffoon--she is shockingly incurious from an intellectual standpoint. Second, she either is unaware, or refuses to recognize that she has a dearth of knowledge in the matters that the President of the United States must manage on a day-to-day basis. Third, like many evangelicals, she KNOWS that she is right, ergo, those who are against her are wrong. We've seen how eight years of that mindset has worked out--not so much.
Based on these factors, she appears to more similar to the buffoon than even McBush is; I believe that will make her susceptible to manipulation by sycophantic yes-men in the same degree as the buffoon is (I don't believe that the figurehead of the current regime is intrinsically evil, he's just manipulated by persons who probably are). I'm not sure our republic can endure another administration as ruinous as the last one, which I think Palin almost guarantees were she President. . .

It won't be long now. . .A little over three weeks!:cheers

I will freely admit that I do not like Palin. My only two reasons for liking her are the ones I have stated. Sure there is a possibility that she has a Rasputin in her ear, but I think there is a very good chance that with all the spotlight and cynicism around her that she will be forced/coerced into ceding some Presidential power and letting advisers dictate more of her policy.

Also, I think she would be less likely to push us to the precipice of nuclear war like Obama seems willing to do. I sincerely hope that Obama's statements about Pakistan are political gesturing right now to try to affirm that he is "tough". If he follows through with these policies.....we need not worry about the financial crisis anymore. We will be dealing with nuclear fallout.

hines, cmon sir. be realistic. do u think pakistan actually has the capacity to get a nuke to the mainland?no only don't they have the capacity, but our servicemen would wipe it out if it got anywhere close to us...

Our servicemen would shoot it down beforehand? How is that? Pakistan has 60-100 warheads. Even if we take out 80%, that is 12-20 getting through.

He is a sharp dude. He was Editor of the Harvard Law Review. He knows the value of good advisors; it is the nature of the practice of law to bounce ideas off of other lawyers to devise the optimum strategy. That being said, a perceived weakness for the past few Democratic Presidential candidates has been a lack of "toughness" regarding dealing with real or imagined enemies. Ergo, if he actually advocated unilateral military activity in Pakistan, he was more likely than not trying to harvest some undecided votes by trying to sound "tough." There is a substantial "bubba" vote that wants to "kick ass and take names" in the Middle East to whom such talk will resonate. I can't believe that someone as bright as Obama--who was against Iraq from the beginning, recall--will gamble with instigating a nuclear exchange.

McCain's metamorphosis from maverick to fluffer in the last 8 years is enough reason right there IMO to take the smart dude. For me, all McCain cares about is winning, his Honor that he seemed so concerned with, is all gone. I'm actually pleased that in the last few days he has eased up on some of the mudslinging. But, prob a result of his handlers telling him to stop. They will let dipshit Palin do that for him...

BCTTWR

EOG Dedicated

Conservative George Will has the best line about John McCain's last days on the national stage, "Are you going to get any better or is this it?"

reanimator

EOG Addicted

That people still admit that they would vote for Bush again puts an end to any semblance of reason or humanity behind their 'logic'.

P.S. Go Leafs!:cheers

And therein lies the reason why GWB won two elections while liberal crybabies spent 8 long years taking Maalox and some kind of mind relaxer. They have a difficult time comprehending that there's more knowledgeable people out there than them, and they can't believe how many there is.

If Bush ran again against these two I'd vote for him again, and for one simple reason: He said he would keep us safe after 9-11 and he has done just that. There's other problems in the country sure, but even the financial challenge doesn't hold a candle to what our safety means. Guaranteed, if there were another 9-11 type attack here tomorrow, Obama's stock would almost disappear and McCain's would go through the roof. And we would entirely forget about the stock market and all the money nonsense until we felt safe again.

And therein lies the reason why GWB won two elections while liberal crybabies spent 8 long years taking Maalox and some kind of mind relaxer. They have a difficult time comprehending that there's more knowledgeable people out there than them, and they can't believe how many there is.

If Bush ran again against these two I'd vote for him again, and for one simple reason: He said he would keep us safe after 9-11 and he has done just that. There's other problems in the country sure, but even the financial challenge doesn't hold a candle to what our safety means. Guaranteed, if there were another 9-11 type attack here tomorrow, Obama's stock would almost disappear and McCain's would go through the roof. And we would entirely forget about the stock market and all the money nonsense until we felt safe again.

Oh come on Reanimator. Tell me you would vote for Bush after seeing this. This should be evidence enough that Bush is a horrible leader. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OBqwopiLso ..

lol.. gotcha

reanimator

EOG Addicted

Oh come on Reanimator. Tell me you would vote for Bush after seeing this. This should be evidence enough that Bush is a horrible leader. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OBqwopiLso ..

lol.. gotcha

Anyone who lives their life believing in You Tube clearly doesn't really want to open their eyes.

I would certainly vote for Bush again over the two stiffs that are running today.

Anyone who lives their life believing in You Tube clearly doesn't really want to open their eyes.

I would certainly vote for Bush again over the two stiffs that are running today.

you obviously didnt bother to watch the 1 minute video.. its proof from the horses mouth you prick