NY Reb's College Football (October 16-18)

I'd love to start off this week's thread by quoting a post from royal near the end of last week's thread. Royal actually figured out my record for me, so we have everything exactly as it should be -- for all those who have expressed so much interest in the subject:

ok first of all thank you reb for posting every week. in return i've figure out your record so far for this year saying thanks for helping me win some money. and you're not 15-8 for your 10* in college i'll tell you why...

college
YTD 41-34-2 +45.8
10* 14-8-1
15* 1-0 <--- thats why :cheers

i've even got your NFL record too...

NFL
YTD 25-21 +13.4
10* 5-3

overall you are...
YTD 66-55-2
10* 19-11-1
15* 1-0
+59.2 units

have a nice day reb and keep the $ rolling... oh and fuck the people who try to put you down they fail in life so they want to bring you down with them when you have a losing night but all the proof is there that your up and thats all that matters.

royal
<!-- / message -->

coachp

EOG Addicted
Re: NY Reb's College Football (October 16-18)

Good luck this week Reb- keep rolling - and I think most of us agree with Royal.

Snot Rocket

EOG Member

Reb, I always look at your opinions. If I agree with, them I play. If I disagree, I don't play them. Usually I win when I agree with you (which is a lot) However, I make the decision as to what I bet. You are posting your opinions, which I greatly value. You are not telling me (or selling me) what to bet.12io4j2w90

10* Ole Miss +13
I admit, I have put a 10* on Ole Miss in every lined game so far this season. It is not that I'm a hopeless homer so much as that at the beginning of the season I posted that I believed very strongly that Ole Miss would be better this year than anyone suspected, even their own fans, and that they would be point-spread darlings. Well, ok, they haven't been darlings yet, but they are 3-2 ATS, which is 60% in my book, and they lost the other two because of fumbles on the goal line. Alabama is fat and ripe for the pickings right now. Let them read all about themselves in the current Sporting News and how for real they are. It is exactly the same situation that Florida was in when Ole Miss upset them in Gainesville. Bama is known for their physicalness, but you know what, bring'em on. The Rebels have some physical dudes as well. This point isn't played up by the media, but Ole Miss has 4 bona fide 1st round draft picks in the trenches, Michael Oher and John Jerry on offense, and Peria Jerry and Greg Hardy on defense. Plus they have the QB and the WRs to move the ball on Bama, plus they have the exciting Dexter McCluster. If you haven't seen him yet, he's a fun guy to watch play. Rebels have Bama right where they want them. Look for an outright upset. Rebs win!

BamaGuy

EOG Addicted

Reb, always respect your opinions. Ole miss does scare me more than any other team left on our schedule. They can be dangerous. But, no way they upset bama in bryant denny. Very likely they keep the spread close. But Saban with a bye week after the lousy performance against UK, no way they have a let down, just my 2 cents.

Reb, always respect your opinions. Ole miss does scare me more than any other team left on our schedule. They can be dangerous. But, no way they upset bama in bryant denny. Very likely they keep the spread close. But Saban with a bye week after the lousy performance against UK, no way they have a let down, just my 2 cents.
You know, BamaGuy, I definitely wouldn't bet you straightup in this game. The Rebs would have to play the game of their lives to come out of there with a win. Still, the way you feel about the possibility of them winning is the way Florida fans felt about the possibility of Ole Miss winning there.

I'm up in Pennsylvania, not in Mississippi where I get caught up in any local hype. I see SEC sports pretty objectively from my vantage point.

All the pressure is on Bama in this game, and they might be surprised at how intense of a game Ole Miss brings them. Definitely closer than anyone thinks.

Anyway, Alabama will definitely have a great season, and good luck to you as the year wears on.

Mark's Moneymakers

EOG Dedicated

I already put mine in at 13.5 a few days ago for fear of it dropping. I am from central pa Reb and I agree with you on this one. If there was ever a good time to play Bama, it is now. I love the points and the way top teams are falling this season, I would not be completely shocked to see a win. Why not? Winning at Florida is no easy task either and Bama has been known to screw up a coople of games every year.

I already put mine in at 13.5 a few days ago for fear of it dropping. I am from central pa Reb and I agree with you on this one. If there was ever a good time to play Bama, it is now. I love the points and the way top teams are falling this season, I would not be completely shocked to see a win. Why not? Winning at Florida is no easy task either and Bama has been known to screw up a coople of games every year.

I put mine in at 13.5 too and bought it to +14, but I posted it at +13 since that is the current line.

Actually, I'd advise anyone to buy it to +14 even now. I don't mind putting up more money to help eliminate the possibility of losing by a point. Just a philosophy I go by, and it has worked for me.

Totally understand those who don't do it this way.

+13 should do it. Rebs will come close to winning straightup.

alkimyst

EOG Senior Member

Good luck, Reb. Have to believe that, even though Bama is a great team, there is a ton of line value here, right? What do you think this line would have been on August 28th? Not nearly this high, I wouldn't think. Anyway, good luck with the entire weekend........

Blackcloud

EOG Dedicated

I admit, I have put a 10* on Ole Miss in every lined game so far this season. It is not that I'm a hopeless homer

I think you may have been the hopeless homer in the past, but I think you have been on target this year with Ole Miss. I love catching the points here. Good luck to you sir.

msubulldog

EOG Veteran

like the ole miss play as I got it at 13 1/2 bought to 14. bama has a history the past few seasons of playing down to their opponents ie kentucky and tulane this year.

like the ole miss play as I got it at 13 1/2 bought to 14. bama has a history the past few seasons of playing down to their opponents ie kentucky and tulane this year.

They better not "play down" to Ole Miss, or they will be blown out of Bryant-Denny.

Thursday:

7* TCU -2

5* Thursday Night Teaser
FSU -1
TCU +7.5
TCU under 53.5

I am 6-2 on college teasers this year, and I like this one more than most.

Good luck guys. Be back later with more Saturday action.

dukesnider

EOG Enthusiast

They better not "play down" to Ole Miss, or they will be blown out of Bryant-Denny.

Thursday:

7* TCU -2

5* Thursday Night Teaser
FSU -1
TCU +7.5
TCU under 53.5

I am 6-2 on college teasers this year, and I like this one more than most.

Good luck guys. Be back later with more Saturday action.
WTF...let's throw in Miss +22 win big..
:cheers Duke

Good idea Duke.

7* Mississippi St +8
The only team Tennessee has beaten all year by more than 7 points was UAB. Hell, they just beat Northern Illinois by 4. What makes them more than a TD better than the Dawgs? I wouldn't be surprised if Mississippi St wins outright. I don't like Phil Fulmer, I don't like Rocky Mountain Top, and I don't like Tennessee. With that said, I try to not let my prejudices influence my picks. Still, just don't see how Tennessee will win by more than 3, if that much.

Like I said earlier, I am 6-2 in college teasers this season.

Teaser of the Year:
Mississippi St +17.5
Ole Miss +22
Missouri +14

This one looks ridiculously easy.

Falling lines are making me post my plays sooner than I'd like.

10* Missouri +5
Looks like this line is coming down. Missouri could win this one outright. Love the dynamic of Texas winning a big one and facing Mizzou who lost a big one. Texas goes down.

Teo032

EOG Enthusiast

GL like the plays, missouri line looks off based on what happened last week

fadethepublic1

EOG Senior Member

Good idea Duke.

7* Mississippi St +8
The only team Tennessee has beaten all year by more than 7 points was UAB. Hell, they just beat Northern Illinois by 4. What makes them more than a TD better than the Dawgs? I wouldn't be surprised if Mississippi St wins outright. I don't like Phil Fulmer, I don't like Rocky Mountain Top, and I don't like Tennessee. With that said, I try to not let my prejudices influence my picks. Still, just don't see how Tennessee will win by more than 3, if that much.

For some stupid reason, Tennesse seems to perform like crap when at home. They perform better when playing away. I remember playing them this year when UF came to their turf and spanked them. I like your play also. The only thing scaring me is Miss St may still be living up the VAndy upset (even though it wasn't that big of a upset).

as always... aloha.

For some stupid reason, Tennesse seems to perform like crap when at home. They perform better when playing away. I remember playing them this year when UF came to their turf and spanked them. I like your play also. The only thing scaring me is Miss St may still be living up the VAndy upset (even though it wasn't that big of a upset).

as always... aloha.

It wasn't an upset at all from State's point of view, and they sure won't be celebrating that one before Tennessee.

They'd rather beat Tennessee than most teams they play.

your thursday night teaser was beautiful! great call on that one!

Thanks Closer.

Winning tonight's teaser makes me 7-2 on CFB teasers this season, with the Teaser of the Year coming up on Saturday.

Easy 7* win with TCU tonight gives us a positive start for the week.

I feel really good about this week guys.

tool21

EOG Dedicated

Reb, class act. You are one of the FEW cappers on this forum that anybody can trust playing blindly. Keep up the good work!

pags11

EOG Dedicated

reb,

keep up the great work my friend...always enjoy your stuff and am happy when I'm not against you in any plays...GL this week...

cjv_11

EOG Veteran

gl this week reb, on mississippi myself and tagging along with miss st and mizzu

fadethepublic1

EOG Senior Member

NY,
Can you gimme ur take on the Vandy/GA game. I just can't seem to put money on Vandy cuz the public's all over them. But, I like the spot they're in. Your insight would greatly be appreciated.

A couple of people have asked my opinion on the Georgia-Vandy game.

Those who follow me know that my philosophy is that only a certain number of games are actually predictable, and that most could go either way. At this point, to me, that particular game is one that could go either way.

However I will be looking at it more and more, as I do all televised games within my general scope (SEC, ACC, Big East, and C-USA) and if even an opinion comes up one way or another, I will certainly let you know.

I might have more on this during the day on Saturday, in plenty of time before the game starts. In fact, by sometime Saturday, way before game time, I will at least have an opinion on this game for those who have asked.

Since we are on page 2, here are posted plays for Saturday so far. See write-ups on page 1.

10* Ole Miss +13
10* Missouri +5
7* Mississippi St +8

Teaser of the Year:
Mississippi St +17.5

Ole Miss +22
Missouri +14

7-2 for the season on CFB teasers.

Some foolishness not to be taken too seriously:

I rarely play parlays except to parlay my own teasers.

When I do play a parlay, I always tease it, which usually pays for the money lost on the parlay when it doesn't hit--although not always.

Anyway, for shits and giggles, here is a parlay I am playing this week, and the accompanying teaser (not to be confused with my Teaser of the Year, but perhaps just as good.)

Parlay:
Miss St
Ole Miss
Missouri
Troy

Teaser:
Miss St +21.5
Ole Miss +26
Missouri +18
Troy +4