Florida vs Kentucky INFO THREAD

Re: Florida vs Kentucky INFO THREAD

Injuries starting to mount for Wildcats
October 20, 2008 9:41 PM
Posted by ESPN.com's Chris Low

A week after losing leading receiver Dicky Lyons Jr. for the season, Kentucky got more bad news Monday.

Running back Derrick Locke will miss the remainder of the season after tearing knee ligaments, while linebacker Micah Johnson and defensive tackle Myron Pryor are questionable with high ankle sprains.

With Tim Tebow and Florida up this weekend, this isn't the time to being losing key defensive players for the Wildcats, who have played well defensively all season.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/sec

Kentucky's Brooks goes off on negativity
October 20, 2008 2:54 PM

Kentucky is 5-2 and very much in the running for a third straight bowl appearance, which would be the first time since 1949-51 and the Bear Bryant years that the Wildcats would go to three straight bowls.

Rich Brooks, though, doesn't sound like he's crazy about the climate right now surrounding the Kentucky program. He unloaded Monday during his press conference about the negativity of fans on the heels of the Wildcats' come-from-behind 21-20 victory over Arkansas last Saturday.

Many of the fans left Commonwealth Stadium after Kentucky fell behind 20-7. And even after Kentucky staged an improbable rally to win in the final minutes, Brooks said much of what he heard was negative.

Offensive coordinator Joker Phillips has already been handed the coach-in-waiting title when Brooks decides to step down. With comments like the ones Monday, you wonder if that may be sooner rather than later.

Cloverleaf

EOG Dedicated

Big E, I like this Kentucky team. They showed a lot of character coming back on
Arkansas. Yes, the injuries to some key players scare us but Florida has to cover
four scores.

The Gators are coming off a big win over LSU and open date. Look who they play
after Kentucky. Like the Cats in this spot.

Kentucky's Brooks goes off on negativity
October 20, 2008 2:54 PM

Kentucky is 5-2 and very much in the running for a third straight bowl appearance, which would be the first time since 1949-51 and the Bear Bryant years that the Wildcats would go to three straight bowls.

Rich Brooks, though, doesn't sound like he's crazy about the climate right now surrounding the Kentucky program. He unloaded Monday during his press conference about the negativity of fans on the heels of the Wildcats' come-from-behind 21-20 victory over Arkansas last Saturday.

Many of the fans left Commonwealth Stadium after Kentucky fell behind 20-7. And even after Kentucky staged an improbable rally to win in the final minutes, Brooks said much of what he heard was negative.

Offensive coordinator Joker Phillips has already been handed the coach-in-waiting title when Brooks decides to step down. With comments like the ones Monday, you wonder if that may be sooner rather than later.

Rich forgot those little shitkickers had a long day already. Keeneland opened at noon and they were probable tailgating around 10 am.. at 9 or 10 at night youve got some tired and angry drunks.. especially when the offense looked worse than my middle school offense.

UK is deep at the RB spot luckily, and Smith is fast and tough and we are lucky he is there. Dixon can chip in and so can Montrell Allen. The defense is fairly healthy. Im getting down on this ... 24 1/2?? fuck that, we arent that bad.

Cloverleaf

EOG Dedicated

Assuming you are a Cat fan Sandman....Kentucky WON.

That 4th quarter was outstanding by the bluegrass boys.

I'm a Bama fan and liked the way they played against us.
With the recruits Brooks gets, the guy has done a hellava job.

Florida may kill them but with Georgia coming up, who or where
do you think the Gator players are thinking about. Love this spot.

Assuming you are a Cat fan Sandman....Kentucky WON.

That 4th quarter was outstanding by the bluegrass boys.

I'm a Bama fan and liked the way they played against us.
With the recruits Brooks gets, the guy has done a hellava job.

Florida may kill them but with Georgia coming up, who or where
do you think the Gator players are thinking about. Love this spot.

The Defense can cause any team a problem, I dont care where the game is at. 24 1/2 is too much IMO

Cloverleaf

EOG Dedicated

Sandman, getting ready to start a card game and some of the guys are asking
who are you. Sorry, but we don't know you. You sound like you have some good
football sense. We will keep an eye on you Sir.

Hope your Cats cover because we will be on them.

Ego, we will try to behave my friend...if not...cut us off.

Sandman, getting ready to start a card game and some of the guys are asking
who are you. Sorry, but we don't know you. You sound like you have some good
football sense. We will keep an eye on you Sir.

Hope your Cats cover because we will be on them.

Ego, we will try to behave my friend...if not...cut us off.

Im simply a UK homer. My knowledge rarely extends beyond the borders of Lexington KY

Cloverleaf

EOG Dedicated

We love the SEC Sandman...pull for all the teams unless they are playing Bama.

Hell, we will even be pulling for that cow college Thursday night.

Nothing like college football.....no other sport compares.

fadethepublic1

EOG Senior Member

Really Really Really wanna play on UK, but w/all the injuries, I just don't know now. I think it's a lot of points though. Across the street, they are saying Gators roll hard. Alot of guys are not approving of UK, especially w/all their injuries. I read that SEC DD road dogs are 12-2 this season.

fadethepublic1

EOG Senior Member

SEC DD road dogs are 12-2 this season.

Sorry, meant to add ATS after the 12-2.

As always... aloha.

Cloverleaf

EOG Dedicated

PublicEnemy#1, had that info but appreciate you posting it sir.

You lucky bastard...Hawaii....been there twice and loved it.

Let's win some money friend.

pags11

EOG Dedicated

it's hazardous to your health to go against Meyer, especially at home...

fadethepublic1

EOG Senior Member

Pags,
W/UGA on deck for Gators, don't you think Meyer plays it safe by saving his players for next week? I know there's not much drop off from 1-3rd string w/these monsters, but i think UK plays decent defense. Just don't know w/all their injuries. Your insight is greatly appreciated.

As always... aloha.

fadethepublic1

EOG Senior Member

PublicEnemy#1, had that info but appreciate you posting it sir.

You lucky bastard...Hawaii....been there twice and loved it.

Let's win some money friend.

Hawaii? It's no MOTOR CITY, but I'll take it. LOL! Just kidding for anyone that's from Detroit. Born and raised here. Tend to take it for granted from time to time though.

Let's get this money Clover.

As always... aloha.

I agree and since I picked Florida to win it all would not be good to get beat hear. I will have no play on the game so BOL on what ever side you play12io4j2w90

Big E, I like this Kentucky team. They showed a lot of character coming back on
Arkansas. Yes, the injuries to some key players scare us but Florida has to cover
four scores.

The Gators are coming off a big win over LSU and open date. Look who they play
after Kentucky. Like the Cats in this spot.

Yeah, it's a lot of points in this one. Surprised the line was set THIS high.

But my concern with UK, other than the injuries on D, is the fact UK hasn't seen an offense with this kind if balance and overall team speed.

May play UK small here, but as a "Wildcats homer", gonna be watching this one more as a fan than a bettor 12io4j2w90

pags11

EOG Dedicated

fade,

betting against guys like Urban Meyer, Pete Carroll and Bob Stoops is just suicide...you may win occasionally but long term you will just end up pissed as hell...I know because it's happened to me...Kentucky could very well cover this week, but I'm not willing to chance it with my cash, or even yours...

fade,

betting against guys like Urban Meyer, Pete Carroll and Bob Stoops is just suicide...you may win occasionally but long term you will just end up pissed as hell...I know because it's happened to me...Kentucky could very well cover this week, but I'm not willing to chance it with my cash, or even yours...
Pags11 speaks the Truth :cheers

On UK +25 1/2 small... more for shits n giggles while watching the game and being optimistic my Cats can keep it close for a little while