With all this rain Hamels could be back for game 7 afterall.

Journeyman

EOG Master
It doesn't look like game 5 will resume tonight and the weather tomorrow is still up in the air.

That definitely puts Hamels in position for a game 7 start , and at the very least the first guy out of the pen with a very quick hook on the game starter.

It feels like with Pena's clutch hit in the rain ALL the pressure is now back on Philly to get it done here , momentum seems to be back with TB.

Nobody really noticed with all the distractions but Philly had so many chances to bust lasts nights game open, and didn't.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!
Re: With all this rain Hamels could be back for game 7 afterall.

Does anyone think that Philly, with the weight of 25 years of sports failure, can go into Tampa and win one of two games should they lose game 5? I don't see it. Tampa is playing with house money. No one gives them a chance. Philly is already celebrating in their minds, its really hard to convince your mind that what you believed to be a 100 percent truth was a falsehood. Its SO hard for a team who loses any momentum to be able to refocus and get the job done. I'd be nervous if i was a Philly fan, Tampa overcame Hamels, i think Tampa is going to come out exuding confidence. There won't be any squeezing of tight bats. Philly had a 2-0 lead in the first inning with the bases loaded and the fans going absolutely berserk, at that point in time, this series was over. Kaz was rattled and the walls were caving in, it was just a matter of time.

Journeyman

EOG Master

It does feel like Tampa has a new life for sure...overcoming a deficit in heavy rain and an ump squeezing their pitcher and somehow they are tied, feels like a win.

House money for sure.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Its the 'biggest punch' theory. If a team takes the other teams biggest punch and survives, its really good for them going forward. Philly sent out their best stud pitcher, at home, threw a HUGE punch in the first inning vs a rattled team and a rattled pitcher and all that stuff, still couldn't get over the hump. That's HUGE for Tampa. They took Philly's best punch and are still breathing.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

FK, you can get all the +500ish at Matchbook that you want on the "best punch theory".:cheers

ballwonder

EOG Master

The phillies will falter, hands down. If they do not get this done they will come back and win the next one in Tampa. They will not lose 3 in a row.

WVU

EOG Master

The Phillies are in better shape now than before game 5 started. They have 3 extra outs to win this game. when they started they did not have that advantage.