Phil Fulmer

will announce he is "stepping down" today from the University of Tennessee as head football coach. I am hearing this will go down at 12:30 EDT today. This is a rumor but from an extremely reliable source. If you have a feeling about how this might affect the game vs. South Carolina this weekend, you may want to take advantage of this now.

Just passing info. along.

Re: Phil Fulmer

Atlsharp....Fulmer's agent Jimmy Sexton was in Knoxville yesterday meeting with UT Athletics Director Mike Hamilton

Yes; Vol...and I've heard much further developments today..not sure why this hasn't hit the wire yet. I'll have to find out what is going on.

This was emailed to me last night from a very very reliable person in ut athletics...

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]From a very reliable source who got this from a coaching staff member.

The assistants have been informed that a change is being made.

Fulmer, Atkins, Brooks and Slade are finished after Kentucky game. Buyouts will be honored.

Others will stay on until new coach is hired. Their future likely decided by new coach.

[/FONT]

Sharp....I have not heard that yet, but anything is possible...I am here in the Neyland Thompson Complex and things seem to be running as smooth as ever upstairs in the football office..

Like I have said from the beginning, I really dont think they will make an announcement during the season, I hope I am wrong and they do, but I see this season finishing out before we hear it become official.

Hope I am wrong so we can get the process of finding his replacement sooner rather than later.

Joe Schmo down the block is better than Phil.. He needs to get an O-Line coaching job at the local high school..

Butch Davis wont take the UT job per Jimmy Sexton, and sadly I believe it. Normally I would not listen to an agent, but Jimmy I trust.

If Davis won't jump the border (and I believe you and Sexton that he will not), then an all blitz for Gruden.

Where does the Tennessee job rank nationally as far as being coveted? Top 10?

Personal bias aside, I think Tennessee would be making a mistake by firing Fulmer. I think that we can conclude that most all of Fulmer's success hinged on David Cutcliffe calling the offensive signals, but no one can doubt Fulmer's ability to recruit on a national level.

fadethepublic1

EOG Senior Member

does n e one think this affects Vols players or playing against So. Carolina this week? I found some good value in this play, but don't know if I should play it now cuz of this issue.

as always.... aloha.

I like SC this week...but on the topic...I can't wait fot Fulmer to go...he is waaay past his prime and seems to have given up....I have been watching UT ball for a while now..I think Peterson at BSU or Muschamp at Texas are legit and reasonable targets for a new coach...there better be a new coach after the KU game...at the latest....Muschamp has coached and recruited in the SEC also....keep the faith, I guess :(

Butch Davis is scared to coach in the SEC. He's had a couple of chances to become the coach at Alabama.

Butch Davis and scared in the same sentence with out the words...
ISN'T, AIN'T, NOT is a joke.
There are some places you don't want to be.......those would include
coaching football at the insane houses of Auburn or Alabama where
crazy old men with too much money and not enough dignity have
way too much influence in the athletic programs.
12io4j2w90