South Florida @ Cincinnati

WVU

EOG Master
Re: South Florida @ Cincinnati

take USF. They are head and shoulders better than Cinci who was destroyed by UCONN last week

ChuteBoxe

EOG Master

I liked South Florida at first look myself, but I can't justify this line movement. I'm showing close to 80% of the public on So. Fla, yet the line dropped off a key number (-3) down to (-2.5). At some places it even dropped down to (-2).

WVU

EOG Master

I liked South Florida at first look myself, but I can't justify this line movement. I'm showing 82% of the public on So. Fla, yet the line dropped off a key number (-3) down to (-2.5). At some places it even dropped down to (-2).

Chute, do you like USF less because the line has dropped? IF so, why?

I got -2, but I would be betting them at -6

ChuteBoxe

EOG Master

I'm not really saying I like them less now because more money is going on them, but, I am saying I like them less due to the fact heavy money is coming in on Cincinatti. The volume of wagers placed, is in So. Fla's favor by far, yet the actual dollar figures of wagers on both teams are quite close at this point of the day .

That's like the marshall game...All the % bets on Houston but the line dropped instead of going up...Marshall won SU. That kind of line movement means a no play or a Cincy play. Someone hit Cincy With some real $$$, not Joe pub that's for certain.

WVU

EOG Master

That's like the marshall game...All the % bets on Houston but the line dropped instead of going up...Marshall won SU. That kind of line movement means a no play or a Cincy play. Someone hit Cincy With some real $$$, not Joe pub that's for certain.

what does it matter if big money is on Cinci? Do they play harder because of it?

what does it matter if big money is on Cinci? Do they play harder because of it?

No, but whoever is putting down that size play usually is doing it for a reason. I see you are on the other side and for you I hope it hits as I have no dog in this fight. I just hate to be against the big $$$, but they don't win them all either.

WVU

EOG Master

No, but whoever is putting down that size play usually is doing it for a reason. I see you are on the other side and for you I hope it hits as I have no dog in this fight. I just hate to be against the big $$$, but they don't win them all either.

I never understood this line of thinking. If you use it to get a good line then it makes sense to me, but looking at the money movement and then backing down from a play that is now an even better play (better line) makes zero sense to me.

I never understood this line of thinking. If you use it to get a good line then it makes sense to me, but looking at the money movement and then backing down from a play that is now an even better play (better line) makes zero sense to me.

They moved this off a key number to get more money on USF...why? Everyone is already on USF anyway. The only reason to move this line is try and get some big $$$ on USF to offset a big play on Cincy or the book feels Cincy is the right play and they are trying to make a big payday on USF betters. Either way I do not want to be on USF...

I'll go back to Tuesday...By the numbers Houston was the right play. The $$$ moved the the line against Houston with all the % bets on them. I backed off after seeing this and it turns out Marshall wins SU. Good luck tonight but you may be on the wrong side.

BOL tonight -- I hope you win...

WVU

EOG Master

I feel I have a 50% chance at a win tonight which is good enough for me.

High Times

EOG Master

They moved this off a key number to get more money on USF...why? Everyone is already on USF anyway. The only reason to move this line is try and get some big $$$ on USF to offset a big play on Cincy or the book feels Cincy is the right play and they are trying to make a big payday on USF betters. Either way I do not want to be on USF...

I'll go back to Tuesday...By the numbers Houston was the right play. The $$$ moved the the line against Houston with all the % bets on them. I backed off after seeing this and it turns out Marshall wins SU. Good luck tonight but you may be on the wrong side.

They moved off a key number because they are stupid. Bookmakers are not in any way smart when it comes to picking games. But they do scare themselves when a sharp bettor bets a +3 or a -3 and most of the time they overreact. They would get plenty of S. Fla at -3 but are to stupid to wait and find out.

The bookmakers actually have made S. Florida a better bet for the public bettors and that is a flat out mistake.

They moved off a key number because they are stupid. Bookmakers are not in any way smart when it comes to picking games. But they do scare themselves when a sharp bettor bets a +3 or a -3 and most of the time they overreact. They would get plenty of S. Fla at -3 but are to stupid to wait and find out.

The bookmakers actually have made S. Florida a better bet for the public bettors and that is a flat out mistake.

How'd that work out for ya? Books make hundreds of millions of dollars by being stupid:LMAO

High Times

EOG Master

How'd that work out for ya? Books make hundreds of millions of dollars by being stupid:LMAO

First of all the game opened -2 1/2 and not 3. If you read my other posts you would see that talked about anytime the horrible oddsmakers open up a road team the favorite but can't make them a solid -3 then that team probably shouldn't even be favored.

That was a classic game where the road team was the wrong favorite and the oddsmakers should have known this when they couldn't make them a -3 point favorite.

And the books didn't make millions of dollars because of the fact that the linesmakers got them killed by the sharp money that took Cincinnatti because they were getting points.

I wanted to take S. Florida, but will never bet a road favorite that shouldn't be 1.

And bookies and their linesmakers are dumb. They prove it week after week

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

High Times

EOG Master

I thought this game opened -3 when it opened -2 1/2 to the public and that changes everything. My response was if the line opened -3 and it did not.

For some reason I wanted to bet S. Fla when I know that the odds tell you to take the home dog that probably shouldn't be the dog. I did lay off the game except for the under and got lucky.