DimeDr = MIP

Bugman

EOG Dedicated
Most ignored poster !! ::LMAO::::LMAO::::LMAO::

9 threads started on the front page for a grand total of.......ZERO REPLIES. :houra Congrats, you deserve this award above all others.

Your whacko ideas & kooky way of seeing everything that goes on around you have alienated, well....everyone. When you see one lone sheep in a giant field, he is the outcast, not the outcastee. I truly hope this helps you in your travels.

Maybe a new attitude, different mindset, & a new username would help. 12io4j2w90 Best Wishes.

Re: DimeDr = MIP

DimeDR has some of the most relevant and intelligent posts on this forum. However, because his posts don't feed into the litany of right-wing parroting and ass slapping, they go largely unread by the masses. Very similar to why one has to LOOK for the Wall Street Journal but you can find the National Inquirer at the checkout of every grocery store. Some things only appeal to the lowest common denominator.

Bugman

EOG Dedicated

Dime and the dawg are 1-2 when it comes to ignored threads.

Road Dawg : 16 threads started on 1st page for a grand total of 5 replies.

The major difference I see is, Road Dawg isn't nearly as abrasive & negative in his tone. I actually ponder what he posts....... sometimes. :)

Scrolling down through dead thread after dead thread you cant help but notice. It's interesting that you came to dimes defense, i guess misery loves company?

What's even MORE interesting is that I mention right-wing parroting and ass slapping and YOU show up...

Doc Mercer is overwhelmingly Left-wing... I, of course, am not.

That's why I said "more politically evolved"...but your posting style is virtually identical.

You're a Libertarian, right Dawg?

Let me just say...

I love Libertarians...I have a couple friends at the CATO Institute...Libertarians and I share many of the same values...

But let me just categorically say:

LIBERTARIANS GET DEMOCRATS ELECTED!

To date, this is the ONLY political accomplishment Libertarians can brag about.

In other words, the entire political movement is counterproductive.

That's why I said "more politically evolved"...but your posting style is virtually identical.

You're a Libertarian, right Dawg?

Let me just say...

I love Libertarians...I have a couple friends at the CATO Institute...Libertarians and I share many of the same values...

But let me just categorically say:

LIBERTARIANS GET DEMOCRATS ELECTED!

To date, this is the ONLY political accomplishment Libertarians can boast about.

In other words, Libertarianism is counterproductive.

The last 8 years have been some of the most counterproductive I have ever seen. Your claim is quite hollow since the GOP was in power from 1996 until 2006. The GOP got the Democrats elected, not Libertarians.

Road Dawg = a more politically evolved Doc Mercer.

Please inform the posters here when your political evolution is scheduled to begin. . .:pop:

My apologies for using such an indiscrete word as "evolution" in front of you. . .Perhaps you would prefer "political creation" or "political design" instead. . .

When you see one lone sheep in a giant field, he is the outcast, not the outcastee. I truly hope this helps you in your travels.

Wasn't Jesus an "outcast?" Wasn't Jesus a "lone sheep." Didn't Jesus break from the mold to create a new religion? Please advise. . .12io4j2w90

The last 8 years have been some of the most counterproductive I have ever seen.

If you think the last 8 have been counterproductive (lack of fiscal conservatism, bloated govt etc.) wait till you experience the next 2-4.

Your claim is quite hollow since the GOP was in power from 1996 until 2006. The GOP got the Democrats elected, not Libertarians.

No.

Like it or not, there are only two parties in this country -- one is center-left, the other center-right.

That's reality.

Whichever side is more united wins. It's that simple.

If the Republican party isn't conservative/libertarian enough for you, then it means there aren't enough conservative/libertarians like you in the Republican party.

I feel silly writing something so obvious but it's absolutely true.

Look at the Democrats. Every fringe leftist organization united behind them in 2006 and 2008. (Ralph Nader has become completely irrelevant.)

Why?

Being in the political wilderness for long stretches tends to bring back the "one issue voters" and ideological purists.

And guess what? The Democrat party has drifted MORE LEFT, hasn't it? (Ding Ding Ding!)

Of course, once in power, they'll splinter off once again because greed, selfishness and unrealistic expectations take over.

And the cycle continues...

So, Dawg, did you vote Republican in 2006 and 2008?

No?

Happy now?

You're the reason we have the most leftist president, the most leftist congress and the most leftist senate in US history!

Because too many whiners like you didn't get their way...and decided to take their ball home.

So keep nitpicking and bashing the GOP, Road Dawg!

You and your ilk are doing a fantabulous job!

Bugman

EOG Dedicated

Wasn't Jesus an "outcast?" Wasn't Jesus a "lone sheep." Didn't Jesus break from the mold to create a new religion? Please advise. . .12io4j2w90

I'll advise, but you generally don't take correction very well. Here goes....

1) Jesus was not an outcast. He wasn't/isn't accepted by everyone......but he had many friends & is still saving souls today.

2)Jesus isn't a "sheep", He is the Good Sheppard. Christians are the sheep.

3) Jesus broke from no mold at all. Before Jesus came to Earth to die on the cross, people were to follow the Law, which was handed down by God to Moses.

The Party that currently calls itself "Republican" bears little resemblance to the party of Goldwater and Reagan. The problem with the Party that currently calls itself "Republican" is that it left us; we didn't leave the Party. . .Its current fascination with the wacky thumper and authoritarian boot-licking wings of the Party have been shown to be nothing more than a recipe for disaster. If the Party does not rediscover its roots and move away from becoming involved in causes which are relevant to only its thumper base, it will devolve into a white, rural, regional non-entity. . .

I'll advise, but you generally don't take correction very well. Here goes....

1) Jesus was not an outcast. He wasn't/isn't accepted by everyone......but he had many friends & is still saving souls today.

2)Jesus isn't a "sheep", He is the Good Sheppard. Christians are the sheep.

3) Jesus broke from no mold at all. Before Jesus came to Earth to die on the cross, people were to follow the Law, which was handed down by God to Moses.

Obviously, I was being facetious and merely poking sticks through the cages here. I, and people like me who are able to think freely, do not fashion our political beliefs out of whatever the religion of the day holds to be fashionable. . .

4625 a Republican???

::LMAO::::LMAO::::LMAO::::LMAO::::LMAO::::LMAO::

The man that wants Dick Cheney to suffer the same fate as Saddam, a Republican?

Listen dope, Dick Cheney is the C-onservative in George Bush's "compassionate conservatism."

Dick Cheney opposed No Child Left Behind.
Dick Cheney opposed the prescription drug bill.
Dick Cheney opposed Harriet Myers (supported John Roberts and Samuel Alito)
Dick Cheney wanted Tehran turned into a parking lot.
Dick Cheney would have slashed at least 4 cabinet positions, several govt depts and cut taxes even more drastically.

Dick Cheney is a radical free marketer.

They don't come any more conservative than Dick Cheney.

4625: another dunderhead who prides himself on being in political no man's land and who's part of the problem, not the solution.

:doh1:doh1:doh1:doh1:doh1

4625 a Republican???

The man that wants Dick Cheney to suffer the same fate as Saddam, a Republican?

Listen dope, Dick Cheney is the C-onservative in George Bush's "compassionate conservatism."

Dick Cheney opposed No Child Left Behind.
Dick Cheney opposed the prescription drug bill.
Dick Cheney opposed Harriet Myers (supported John Roberts and Samuel Alito)
Dick Cheney wanted Tehran turned into a parking lot.
Dick Cheney would have slashed at least 4 cabinet positions, several govt depts and cut taxes even more drastically.

Dick Cheney is a radical free marketer.

They don't come any more conservative than Dick Cheney.

4625: another dunderhead who prides himself on being in political no man's land and who's part of the problem, not the solution.

:doh1:doh1:doh1:doh1:doh1

Your obvious admiration for Dick Cheney is unbelievable after all of the damage he has caused.

Typical straw man "argument." Rather than address the actual premise, mischaracterize it and then argue against that mischaracterization. That type of high school debate class attempt doesn't fly here. . . .:nono

If you think the last 8 have been counterproductive (lack of fiscal conservatism, bloated govt etc.) wait till you experience the next 2-4.

Blah, Blah, Blah.... All America has HAD since the GOP took over in 96 is LACK of fiscal conservatism and BLOATED government.

The record of the 105th Congress, Republican controlled in both houses, is an abomination. Spending is up. No major program or agency has been significantly cut, much less eliminated. The tax code is more complex than ever, loaded down with new conservative social engineering initiatives. The balanced-budget agreement is an excuse not to cut taxes and, with the ?surplus? an excuse to increase spending. The GOP has seemed intent on federalizing every crime on the books, indifferent to the Constitution?s clear direction that crime is a state and local responsibility?.The federal government is a machine designed to increase its control over the lives of average Americans. It is constantly probing here, pushing there, and generally increasing its control. Without a philosophically sound, constitutionally based political party opposing that process, it is going to continue to do so with impunity. The philosophical leadership vacuum at the top of the GOP should be a source of major concern to all freedom-loving Americans.
-- Edward H. Crane

No.

Like it or not, there are only two parties in this country -- one is center-left, the other center-right.

That's reality.

Whichever side is more united wins. It's that simple.

I think we have IDENTIFIED the problem. Only you got it just a little wrong. The D's and the R's are simply 2 sides of the same coin.

If the Republican party isn't conservative/libertarian enough for you, then it means there aren't enough conservative/libertarians like you in the Republican party.

That's because they would have to give up the one thing they crave, power and control. Just like the D's... imagine that.

I feel silly writing something so obvious but it's absolutely true.

Look at the Democrats. Every fringe leftist organization united behind them in 2006 and 2008. (Ralph Nader has become completely irrelevant.)

Why?

Being in the political wilderness for long stretches tends to bring back the "one issue voters" and ideological purists.

And guess what? The Democrat party has drifted MORE LEFT, hasn't it? (Ding Ding Ding!)

Of course, once in power, they'll splinter off once again because greed, selfishness and unrealistic expectations take over.

And the cycle continues...

I don't care... I don't support the D's, I've never supported the D's, and I never will.

So, Dawg, did you vote Republican in 2006 and 2008?

No?

Happy now?

You're the reason we have the most leftist president, the most leftist congress and the most leftist senate in US history!

Because too many whiners like you didn't get their way...and decided to take their ball home.

So keep nitpicking and bashing the GOP, Road Dawg!

You and your ilk are doing a fantabulous job!

As I stated in another post, I was positively ORGAMSIC for about 30 minutes after I saw that Obama had taken Ohio, because I knew that the ASS KICKING was on.

I know you WANT to blame Libertarians for the GOP getting it's six waxed, but it just won't stick. Republican after Republican is coming out stating that the GOP lost because of THEMSELVES. They lost their way and decided to TEACH the D's a thing or two about spending. You need to look no further than the mirror.

The GOP gave up every one of it's principles just to try and remain in power. Did government get smaller since 1996? No. Did spending abate any? No. Did any federal gun laws come off the books? No. Hell, the GOP didn't even have the GUTS to actually make the tax reductions PERMANENT. They tried to lay a poison pill for the D's with the sunset provisions. Bush used the military for nation building.

In short, the GOP was handed an HISTORIC opportunity and all they had to do was "do things right". Not only did they do things WRONG, they MONUMENTALLY fucked it up. Yet, you and your kind want a "do-over". Are you kidding me? The SOP needs to sit on the sidelines for a bit, figure out why their conservative circle jerk failed to produce anything worth claiming ownership to, JETTISON the wing-nuts, and get back to being the party of Eisenhower and Goldwater.

Did I vote GOP in 2006 and 2008. Hell no and I never will again.

Typical straw man "argument." Rather than address the actual premise, mischaracterize it and then argue against that mischaracterization. That type of high school debate class attempt doesn't fly here. . . .:nono

You mean Joe actually made it to high school?

Bugman

EOG Dedicated

Obviously, I was being facetious and merely poking sticks through the cages here. I, and people like me who are able to think freely, do not fashion our political beliefs out of whatever the religion of the day holds to be fashionable. . .

Translation : You know nothing about which you speak & accidently got exposed. I don't pick at your un-belief, I'd be grateful if you wouldn't pick at my faith. Thanks....

Ah, so you're part of the self-righteous "Teach them a lesson" crowd. (AKA, cutting off your nose to spite your face.)

The GOP isn't getting screwed over by your prepubescent temper tantrums, Dawg -- the country is.

Are you mature enough to understand you're taking your frustrations out on the country?

Of course not.

I don't want to sound like a broken record but without a filibuster-proof senate, the party in power can't govern with a hammer like you (and I) wanted -- something the Democrats are about to find out shortly.

The Democrats blocked and obstructed everything and the GOP wasn't able to break through the 55 seat ceiling on issue after issue (energy, taxes, judges, fannie and freddie -- you name it).

Those are the no-spin facts.

Do I think this is unfortunate?

Yes.

Am I disappointed?

Yes.

Was I beyond infuriated when McCain supported the bailout?

Absolutely.

Do I look back and consider this (1996 to 2006) a lost opportunity?

Yes.

Do I 'blame' some house reps in the GOP? (Remember, Congress controls the purse strings, not the executive branch.)

Some -- but not all. Lots of GREAT conservatives in the House and Senate.

But no, I don't believe the entire party needs to be "punished."

Do I think George W. Bush lacked the charisma and leadership skills to break through the gridlock and obstruction?

Yes.

But then his priorities were focused on keeping the country safe.

(Since 9/11, there have been 31 thwarted terror attacks on the homeland.
Whatever your misgivings or nitpicking on Bush's foreign policy, I think Americans will wake up after the next attack under King Hussein -- but by that time it'll be too late.)

I wanted the tax cuts to be as permanent as you did, Dawg.

The difference is, I understand how Washington works -- you don't.

I understand the harm Democrats will do to this country -- you don't.

For the record:

I will blame you and your ilk when the communists take over, you lose your freedoms, your job, energy prices go through the roof, some bureaucrat mandates the temperature in your house, and the economy goes into the toilet.

I will blame you and your ilk for every abortion, military death and terrorist attack after Jan 20th 2009.

I will blame you for as long as the GOP remains in the wilderness and this great country loses it's superpower status because King Hussein is determined to piss away whatever sovereignty we have left.

Oh, and if China invades Taiwan, or Putin rolls his tanks into Poland or Ukraine (because King Hussein slashes the military -- like Bubba did) I will blame that squarely on you as well.

I hope you can take the same heat you dish out day after day against Republican party..but somehow I doubt it.

:soapbox:

The voters sent us a message last night, and we must now heed the words: Go back to basics, stop embarrassing them and ourselves, be true to our principles, and regain the majority by the virtue of our deeds rather than the eloquence of our words.

Rep. Marsha Blackburn represents Tennessee's 7th congressional district.

Page Printed from: http://www.realclea rpolitics. com/articles/ 2008/11/dont_ you_think_ the_hole_ is_abo.html at November 06, 2008 - 08:09:34 AM EST

(Since 9/11, there have been 31 thwarted terror attacks on the homeland.
Whatever your misgivings or nitpicking on Bush's foreign policy, I think Americans will wake up after the next attack under King Hussein -- but by that time it'll be too late.)

I will blame you and your ilk when the communists take over, you lose your freedoms. . .

Ah, now I see what Manny is talking about. If you really believe that any of this is true, or that any of this will come to pass, you are even worse off than I thought. . .:blink::blink::blink::blink:

For all intents and purposes, conservatism -- as a national movement -- is completely and thoroughly dead. Barack Obama did not destroy it, however. It was George W. Bush and John McCain who destroyed conservatism in America.

http://www.chuckbal dwinlive. com/c2008/ cbarchive_ 20081107. html

Translation : You know nothing about which you speak & accidently got exposed. I don't pick at your un-belief, I'd be grateful if you wouldn't pick at my faith. Thanks....

The fact that you have a different interpretation of the Bible; or of Jesus' status, means absolutely nothing to me, and by no means infers that I have been "exposed" about anything. I don't recall you being appointed the final arbiter of theological studies here, and I know quite enough about the subject to call you on it. Further, you have no idea about my belief, so your attempt to characterize me as an "unbeliever" has no substance. Finally, it's not "your faith" as you so self-righteously proclaim; as I recall, it belongs to all. . .12io4j2w90

Ah, now I see what Manny is talking about. If you really believe that any of this is true, or that any of this will come to pass, you are even worse off than I thought. . .:blink::blink::blink::blink:

2938u4ji232938u4ji232938u4ji232938u4ji232938u4ji232938u4ji232938u4ji232938u4ji232938u4ji232938u4ji232938u4ji23

http://www.heritage.org/research/HomelandDefense/bg2085.cfm

Thwarted Attacks

Richard Reid, December 2001
A British citizen and self-professed follower of Osama bin Laden, Reid allegedly hid explosives inside his shoes aboard a flight from Paris to Miami and attempted to use a match to light the fuse in his shoe. The explosives were strong enough to cause damage to the plane if detonated. Caught in the act, Reid was apprehended on board the plane by the flight attendants with the assistance of passengers. FBI officials then took Reid into custody after the plane made an emergency landing at Boston's Logan Airport.[2]
Reid was found guilty of charges of terrorism in 2003, and a U.S. federal court sentenced him to life imprisonment.[3]

Jose Padilla, May 2002
U.S. officials arrested Padilla in May 2002 at O'Hare Airport in Chicago as he returned to the United States from Pakistan, initially charging him with being an enemy combatant and planning to use a "dirty bomb" (an explosive laced with radioac*tive material) in an attack against America.[4] Prior to his conviction, Padilla brought a case against the federal government stating that he had been denied the right of habeas corpus (the right of an individual to petition against his or her imprisonment). The U.S. Supreme Court, in a 5?4 decision, found that the case had been filed improperly.[5] In 2005, the government officially indicted Padilla for conspiring with Islamic terrorist groups.[6]
In August 2007, Padilla was found guilty by a civilian jury after a three-month trial and a day and a half of deliberations.

Lackawanna Six, September 2002
When the FBI arrested Sahim Alwan, Yahya Goba, Yasein Taher, Faysal Galab, Shafal Mosed, and Mukhtar al-Bakri, the press dubbed them the "Lackawanna Six" (also the "Buffalo Six" or "Buf*falo Cell"). Five of the six had been born and raised in Lackawanna, New York.[7] The six Amer*ican citizens of Yemeni descent were arrested for conspiring with terrorist groups. They had stated that they were going to Pakistan to attend a reli*gious training camp but instead attended an al-Qaeda "jihadist" camp.
All six pled guilty in 2003 to providing support to al-Qaeda. Faysal Galab received a seven-year sen*tence. Sahim Alwan got seven and a half years, while Yesein Taher and Shafal Mosed both received eight-year prison sentences. Mukhtar al-Bakri, the first to plead guilty, received a 10-year sentence, as did Yahya Goba.[8]

Iyman Faris, May 2003
A naturalized U.S. citizen originally from Kash*mir and living in Columbus, Ohio, Iyman Faris was arrested for conspiring to commit a terrorist act. He was suspected of planning to use blowtorches to collapse the Brooklyn Bridge.[9] The New York City Police Department had learned about the plot and increased police surveillance around the bridge. Faced with this additional security, Faris and his superiors decided to cancel the attack.[10]
Faris pled guilty to conspiracy and providing material support to al-Qaeda. During his sentencing trial, he stated that he was innocent and had admit*ted a role in the plot to FBI agents only in order to trick the agents and secure a book deal. Faris was sentenced in Federal District Court to 20 years, the maximum allowed under his plea agreement.[11]

Virginia "Jihad" Network, June 2003
In Alexandria, Virginia, 11 men were arrested for weapons counts and for violating the Neutrality Act, which prohibits U.S. citizens and residents from attacking countries with which the United States is at peace. Of these 11 men, four pled guilty. Upon further investigation, the other seven members of the group were indicted on additional charges of conspiring to support terrorist organizations. They were found to have connections with al-Qaeda, the Taliban, and Lashkar-i-Taiba, a terrorist organization that targets the Indian government.[12] The authori*ties stated that the Virginia men had used paintball games as a form of training and preparation for bat*tle.[13] The group had also acquired surveillance and night vision equipment and wireless video cameras.[14]
The spiritual leader of the group, Ali al-Timimi, was found guilty of soliciting individuals to assault the United States and was sentenced to life in prison. Ali Asad Chandia received 15 years for sup*porting Lashkar-i-Taiba but maintains his inno*cence.[15] Randoll Todd Royer, Ibrahim al-Hamdi, Yong Ki Kwon, Khwaja Mahmoud Hasan, Muhammed Aatique, and Donald T. Surratt all pled guilty and were sentenced to prison terms.[16] Masoud Khan, Seifullah Chapman, and Hammad Adur-Raheem were found guilty at trial.[17]

Dhiren Barot, August 2004
A terrorist cell under the leadership of Dhiren Barot was arrested for plotting to attack the New York Stock Exchange and other financial institu*tions in New York, Washington, and Newark, New Jersey, and later accused of planning attacks in England. The plots included a "memorable black day of terror" with the employment of a "dirty bomb."[18] A July 2004 police raid on Barot's house in Pakistan discovered a number of incriminating documents in files on a laptop computer that included instructions for building car bombs.[19]
Dhiren Barot pled guilty and was convicted in the United Kingdom for conspiracy to commit mass murder and sentenced to 40 years.[20]

James Elshafay and Shahawar Matin Siraj, August 2004
James Elshafay and Shahawar Matin Siraj were arrested for plotting to bomb a subway station near Madison Square Garden in New York City before the Republican National Convention.[21] The New York City Police Departments Intelligence Division helped to conduct an investigation leading to the arrests. An undercover agent infiltrated the group, provided information to authorities, and later testi*fied against Elshafay and Siraj.[22]
Elshafay, a U.S. citizen, pled guilty and received a lighter sentence for testifying against his co-conspir*ator. He received five years. Shawhawar Matin Siraj was sentenced to 30 years in prison.[23]

Yassin Aref and Mohammed Hossain, August 2004
Two leaders of an Albany, New York, mosque were charged with plotting to purchase a shoulder-fired grenade launcher to assassinate a Pakistani diplomat.[24] An investigation by the FBI, the Trea*sury Department's Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms, and the local police contributed to the arrest. With the help of an informant, the FBI was able to set up a sting that lured Mohammed Hos*sain into a fake terrorist conspiracy.[25] Hossain brought Yassin Araf, a Kurdish refugee, as a wit*ness. The informant offered details of a fake terror*ist plot, claiming that he needed the missiles to murder a Pakistani diplomat in New York City. Both agreed to help.[26]
Both Aref and Hossain were found guilty of money laundering and conspiracy to conceal mate*rial support for terrorism.

Umer Hayat and Hamid Hayat, June 2005
In Lodi, California, Umer Hayat and Hamid Hayat, a Pakistani immigrant and his American son, were arrested after allegedly lying to the FBI about the son's attendance at an Islamic terrorist training camp in Pakistan.
The son, Hamid Hayat, was found guilty of sup*porting terrorism and was sentenced to 24 years.[27] Umer Hayat's trial ended in a mistrial. He later pled guilty to lying to a Customs agent in his attempt to carry $28,000 into Pakistan.

Levar Haley Washington, Gregory Vernon Patterson, Hammad Riaz Samana, and Kevin James, August 2005
Arrested in Los Angeles, California, the mem*bers of the group were charged with conspiring to attack Los Angeles National Guard facilities, syna*gogues, and other targets in the Orange County area.[28] Kevin James allegedly founded a radical Islamic prison group and converted Levar Wash*ington and others to the group, which was known as JIS, short for Jamiyyat Ul-Islam Is-Saheeh.[29] The JIS allegedly planned to finance their operations by robbing gas stations. After Washington and Patter*son were arrested for robberies, police and federal agents began a terrorist investigation when a search of Washington's apartment revealed a suspicious target list.[30]
All of the defendants pled not guilty and cur*rently await trial.

Michael C. Reynolds, December 5, 2005
Michael C. Reynolds was arrested by the FBI and charged with being involved in a plot to blow up a Wyoming natural gas refinery; the Transcontinental Pipeline, a natural-gas pipeline stretching from the Gulf Coast to New York and New Jersey; and a New Jersey Standard Oil refinery.[31] He was arrested while trying to pick up the $40,000 owed to him for planning the attack.[32] His purported contact, Shan*nen Rossmiller, was a Montana judge who was working with the FBI.[33] The FBI later found explo*sives in a locker in his home town, Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania.[34] Reynolds claimed that he was working as a private citizen to find terrorists.[35]
Reynolds was convicted of providing material support to terrorists, soliciting a crime of violence, unlawful distribution of explosives, and unlawful possession of a hand grenade and sentenced to 30 years in prison.[36]

Mohammad Zaki Amawi, Marwan Othman El-Hindi, Zand Wassim Mazloum, February 2006
In Toledo, Ohio, Mohammad Zaki Amawi, Mar*wan Othman El-Hindi, and Wassim Mazloum were arrested for "conspiring to kill or injure people in the Middle East" and providing material support to terrorist organizations. They allegedly intended to build bombs to be used in Iraq.[37] The investigation was begun through the help of an informant who was approached to help train the group.[38]
All defendants have pled not guilty.

Syed Haris Ahmed and Ehsanul Islam Sadequee, April 2006
Syed Haris Ahmed and Ehsanul Islam Sadequee from Atlanta, Georgia, were accused of conspiracy, having discussed terrorist targets with alleged ter*rorist organizations.[39] They allegedly met with Islamic extremists and received training and in*struction in how to gather videotape surveillance of potential targets in the Washington area. They videotaped places such as the U.S. Capitol and the World Bank headquarters as potential targets and sent the videos to a London extremist group.[40]
They were indicted for providing material support to terrorist organizations and have pled not guilty.

Narseal Batiste, Patrick Abraham, Stanley Grant Phanor, Naudimar Herrera, Burson Augustin, Lyglenson Lemorin, and Rotschild Augstine, June 2006
Seven men were arrested in Miami and Atlanta for allegedly being in the early stages of a plot to blow up the Sears Tower in Chicago, as well as the FBI offices and other buildings. The arrests resulted from an investigation involving an FBI informant. It is alleged that Narsearl Batiste was the leader of the group and first suggested attacking the Sears Tower in December 2005.[41]
All individuals have pled not guilty and are awaiting trial.

Assem Hammoud, July 2006
Conducting on-line surveillance of chat rooms, the FBI discovered a plot to attack underground transit links with New Jersey.[42] Eight suspects, including Assem Hammoud, an al-Qaeda loyalist living in Lebanon, were arrested for plotting to bomb the New York City train tunnels.[43] Ham*moud was a self-proclaimed operative for al-Qaeda and admitted to the plot.[44] He is currently in cus*tody in Lebanon, and his case is pending. Two other suspects are in custody in other locations, and investigators continue to hunt down the other five suspects.

Liquid Explosives Plot, August 2006
British law enforcement was able to stop a terror*ist plot to load 10 commercial airliners headed to the United States with liquid explosives.[45] The areas said to be targeted were New York, Washington, D.C., and California.[46] Approximately 24 British persons were arrested in the London area. The style of the plot has raised speculation that al-Qaeda was behind it, but no concrete evidence has proven this.
The United Kingdom has charged 15 of the 24 arrested individuals, and trials are expected to begin in 2008.[47] The charges vary from conspiring to com*mit murder to planning to commit terrorist acts.[48]

Fort Dix Plot, May 2007
Six men were arrested in a plot against Fort Dix, a U.S. Army base in New Jersey. The plan included attacking and killing soldiers using assault rifles and grenades.[49] Five of the alleged conspirators had conducted training missions in the nearby Pocono Mountains. The sixth helped to obtain weapons. The arrests were made after a 16-month FBI opera*tion that included infiltrating the group. The inves*tigation began after a store clerk alerted authorities when he discovered a video file of the group firing weapons and calling for "jihad." As far as is known, the group had no direct connections to any world terrorist organization.[50]
Five of the defendants have been charged with conspiracy to kill military personnel. The sixth is facing weapons charges.

JFK Plot, June 2007
Four men plotted to blow up a jet fuel artery that runs through residential neighborhoods at the John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York City. It is alleged that they believed this would create more destruction than September 11. Authorities stated that the attack would have caused major damage.[51]
Russell Defreitas, the leader of the group was arrested in Brooklyn. One of the men was a former airport worker, and two other individuals had links to Islamic extremists in South America and the Car*ibbean.[52] Two others, Abdul Kadir and Kareem Ibrahim, are being held in Trinidad. Kadir was an imam in Guyana, former member of parliament, and mayor of the town of Linden, Guyana. Ibrahim is a Trinidadian citizen. The fourth suspect?Abdel Nur, a Guyanese citizen?remains at large.[53]
Cases are pending.

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, March 2007
Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, captured in 2003, is alleged to have been involved in a number of terrorist plots and is among the most senior of Osama bin Laden?s operatives to have been captured. He is currently held at the U.S. military detention facility at Guantanamo Bay. Mohammed admitted in March 2007 to helping to plan, organize, and run the September 11 attacks and also claimed responsibility for the first bombing at the World Trade Center and the bombings of nightclubs in Bali in 2002 and a Kenyan hotel. He has stated that he decapitated American journalist Daniel Pearl and took responsibility for helping to plan the failed attack by Richard Reid, along with plots at Heathrow Airport, Canary Wharf, and Big Ben, as well as targets in Israel and the Panama Canal. He also helped to develop plots surrounding Los Angeles, Chicago, and the Empire State Building as well as U.S. nuclear power stations. He also had plotted to assassinate Pope John Paul II and former President Bill Clinton.
The U.S. government intends to try him before a military commission authorized by Congress.

Staying Vigilant
The list of publicly known arrests demonstrates conclusively that the lack of another major terrorist attack is not a sign that organizations have relin*quished their essential goals. A number of plots conducted by individuals have been prevented as a result of the increase in effective counterterrorism investigations by the United States in cooperation with friendly and allied governments. Continuing these operations, which include sound, effective, and lawful intelligence, surveillance, and investiga*tions, is one of the best weapons in America's arse*nal for the long war.

James Jay Carafano, Ph.D., is Assistant Director of the Kathryn and Shelby Cullom Davis Institute for Intenational Studies and a Senior Research Fellow in the Douglas and Sarah Allison Center for Foreign Policy Studies, a division of the Davis Institute, at The Heritage Foundation. Pamela Siegel, an independent researcher, contributed to the writing of this paper.

I'm sure all the MoveOn.org welfare rejects who voted for King Hussein can't wait for him to trash all of Bush's successful anti-terror policies, close Gitmo and allow human filth like Khalid Sheikh Mohammed back into the wilderness.

Habeas corpus for 9/11-like minded foreign terrorists!!

:+excited-:+excited-:+excited-:+excited-:+excited-

I would like to know what a flight attendant stopping Richard Reid in the act has to do with GW Bush's protection of this country from terrorism? :+clueless:+clueless

I'm sure your other examples have just as little credibility but I don't have the time or interest to go through them.

HotShotHarvey

EOG Veteran

RIGHT WING FLIES are ATTRACTED TO THE STEAMING PILES OF RIGHT- WING BS AND HATE-SPEECH HERE....LIKE MOTHS TO LIGHT!!

DimeDR

Banned

I find this thread an amusing tribute, HGH ... if bugman ever read any shakespeare he would know whose quote this is, "The lady doth protest too much me thinks." :)

DimeDR

Banned

accc, try watching MISSING LINKS, unless you are afraid of finding answers to any sheep thoughts that might escape your limited, purblind paradigm.

accc, try watching MISSING LINKS, unless you are afraid of finding answers to any sheep thoughts that might escape your limited, purblind paradigm.

That catty reply was uncalled for. I wasn't even addressing you. With that attitude, I see why you aren't so popular on this forum.

DimeDR

Banned

That catty reply was uncalled for. I wasn't even addressing you. With that attitude, I see why you aren't so popular on this forum.

are you serious? you have attacked me and i have ignored your meager gray matter before .... again, watch MISSING LINKS and stay out of the kitchen, mr feline :)