McNabb trying to defend himself for not knowing .

Journeyman

EOG Master
...whatever! :rolleyes:

Andy Reid is also a dumbass, they should ALL be laughing at themselves first of all, to play this off like it's confusing or the rule has been altered over the years is even lamer than not knowing the rule to begin with.

:hangt

5 star bomb

EOG Master
Re: McNabb trying to defend himself for not knowing .

i dont get why people are making such a big deal of this... Im surprised he didnt know the rule also but come on. Whats the big deal

Journeyman

EOG Master

i dont get why people are making such a big deal of this... Im surprised he didnt know the rule also but come on. Whats the big deal

Spoken like a youngster who goes for it 4th and 15 in the 1st quarter.

DUH!

McNabb is an elite, veteran NFL player, he played the overtime thinking he had more time....c'mon man.:rolleyes:

5 star bomb

EOG Master

i dont think he played the OT thinking he had more time though. He would of played the same way imo

High Times

EOG Master

DUH!

McNabb is an elite, veteran NFL player, he played the overtime thinking he had more time....c'mon man.:rolleyes:

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

You said he was elite.

He's an over paid dummy who cost his team more than 1 super bowl.

High Times

EOG Master

i dont think he played the OT thinking he had more time though. He would of played the same way imo

You said he was thinking.

You're right though and he did play the same way in O.T. as in every last quarter of any game he plays in.

As a die hard Eagles fan I can tell you he is the dummest out of touch QB to ever play the game of football and saying he didn't know the rules of the very game he plays should be enough.

You said McNabb was thinking.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Are u drunk tonight????

He thought the game kept going until somebody scored, obviously he did think he had more time.

Journeyman

EOG Master

You said he was thinking.

You're right though and he did play the same way in O.T. as in every last quarter of any game he plays in.

As a die hard Eagles fan I can tell you he is the dummest out of touch QB to ever play the game of football and saying he didn't know the rules of the very game he plays should be enough.

You said McNabb was thinking.

HT I hear you....his press conf makes him look ever dumber IMO....he had the nerve to somewhat defend his position, saying the rules have changed over the years.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

this is part of Rush Limbaugh's discussion of the incident....

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=544>RUSH: Okay, that's it. He didn't know that National Football League games could end in ties. Now, forgive me here, folks. I'm just a fan, and I watch football on television, meaning I'm not there on the field. I have watched countless overtime games and I see that they send out players from both benches for the coin toss to signal the beginning of overtime to determine who gets the ball, and the referee goes through the rules. The referee says to everybody, "We're going to play, first team to score, game is over. If nobody scores in the first 15-minute period, it's a tie. You get two time-outs and one coach's challenge in the overtime." I'm not a player and I know this. I've heard this said on Sundays I don't know how many times. I don't know if McNabb is a captain. I don't know if he goes out there, if he's been in an overtime game.

I don't know if he's actually been out there when coin toss has taken place, but this just struck me as strange. The reason why it came up is because the Cincinnati Bengals are among the worst teams in the league and the Eagles are an elite team (or they're thought to be) and it appeared to people watching the game the Eagles didn't really put that much into the overtime. There was something like 21 punts in this game. This had to be one of the dullest, most boring football games to watch, and people said it didn't seem to be like there was any impetus to win this thing. So that's why they said, "How does it feel to end in a tie?" "Well, I thought the game was going to go on 'til we had a winner." Well, this led to shock and disbelief throughout the NFL, and it also has led to a circling of the wagons here among people defending McNabb. But it was interesting to see how they did it. Tom Jackson on ESPN's Monday Night Countdown during a panel discussion of McNabb saying he didn't know that games in the NFL could end in ties, Chris Berman said, "Certainly unusual, Tom?"
</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=1 height=3></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=544>JACKSON: I want to preface this because on our -- one of our Philly affiliates a fan called Donovan McNabb "a cement head." I think it's a euphemism for something else, not being very smart. And everything in his life, professionally, business world, academically, speaks to something else. So I want to clarify that. But it begs the question: how do you not know?

RUSH: Okay, that's all we need. That's it. So basically Tom Jackson starts out by saying, "This guy is brilliant. Academically, business-wise, on the field, this guy is brilliant." He covers his bases. CYA, and then says, "How the hell do you not know this?" (laughing) See, they were caught between a rock and a hard place. 'Cause nobody in the NFL is going to come down on McNabb and if they do they're going to end up being positive at the end. That's what Tom Jackson was doing, Cris Carter did the same thing on the show later on. He said, "I can't believe he didn't know this! He's a great field general. Oh, he's one of the smartest guys ever played the game, but can't believe it. I can't believe he didn't know this." So be then the Pittsburgh Steelers, who played in the last tie game in the NFL in 2002 against the Atlanta Falcons, 34-34. I watched the game. The Steelers should have wiped them out. It was one of the most frustrating games for Steelers fans ever. So the Steelers play in a tie game! Here is Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers quarterback, late yesterday in the Steelers locker room.

ROETHLISBERGER: People, you know, make too big of a deal and are -- aare too hard on Donovan because you'd be surprised. I bet at least 50% of the league didn't know that at the time. You'd be a lot -- real surprised. I mean, people just assume that the quarterback should know it all and that -- you know, everyone should know that and it's not -- it's not necessarily true because whoever thinks about that situation, how often does it come up and -- and the rule change so often that you never know what's going to happen. So people were way, way too hard on Donovan, making way too big of a deal about this. It's not really as big of a deal as people are making it out to be.

RUSH: Now, the... Ahem. Steelers are my team, and Roethlisberger is my quarterback, in a manner of speaking. (laughs) You can say how they circle the wagons here. (interruption) Half the league... (interruption) No, not dumb, Snerdley. You got on me for saying stupid the other day. I would say ignorant. They just don't know. We're talking about professionals here! We're all professionals here. This isn't Pop Warner. But what's more interesting even than this is that Hines Ward, who is one of the finest dudes in the NFL. He's just classy. He came out, circled the wagons. He said he didn't know the rule, either. He played in the tie game in 2002! Now, Roethlisberger didn't. You know, he was drafted after the game, but Hines Ward played in the 2002 tied game. He came out and said he didn't know about it, didn't know about the rule. So this is -- and why do you think...? (Dare I say this?) Why do you think the whole league decides it has to circle the wagons around Donovan McNabb? Why? Why?

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Imagine, ladies and gentlemen, if Rex Grossman, the quarterback of the Chicago Bears, after playing the tie game, had said he didn't know that games could end in ties? (chuckles) Well, you take it from there.
</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

cassiusclay

EOG Master

It's embarrassing to even talk about. I would love to ask the following guys if they know the rule regarding overtime:

John Elway
Joe Montana
Steve Young
Troy Aikman
Tom Brady
Peyton Manning

I wonder how many of them would know?

High Times

EOG Master

:bong:

I need another one.

:whino:

And one of these might help.

You guys said he would have played different and that he was thinking. Oh yea, He's elite too.

:3dmdr:

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

DUH!

I would imagine Reid is running the show there and not Donovan

Journeyman

EOG Master

It's embarrassing to even talk about. I would love to ask the following guys if they know the rule regarding overtime:

John Elway
Joe Montana
Steve Young
Troy Aikman
Tom Brady
Peyton Manning

I wonder how many of them would know?

6/6 no question about it.

If you asked any of these guys if they knew the OT rule, they'd probably snicker and roll their eyes.

:+clueless

Journeyman

EOG Master

I would imagine Reid is running the show there and not Donovan

Reid's response was almost as lame.

no wonder his kids are crackheads doing time. and these guys are making millions.

betfirstclass

EOG Dedicated

GUYS

Im here to tell you they don't know A LOT rules

next time u see a blocked FG watch 8 guys from each team fight for the fking Ball, when it MAKES no Difference the DEF team will retain Possession no matter who recovers ball . . . . . .

Journeyman

EOG Master

GUYS

next time u see a blocked FG watch 8 guys from each team fight for the fking Ball, when it MAKES no Difference the DEF team will retain Possession no matter who recovers ball . . . . . .

players have gotten better about knowing rules...one rule nobody seemed to know (except me and maybe 1% of humans) when the ball is touched on a kickoff by the kicking team first the receiving team can advance it, without the posibility of turning it over...for YEARS everyone (including the announcers) would get that one wrong...very ferw headt players knew that rule.

As for this no brainer rule, this is not just some rule, this is a crucial 'ABC' rule of the NFL. :rolleyes:

5 star bomb

EOG Master

I honestly dont think its a big deal. He wouldnt have played any differently. Just look at the way Mcnabb played at the end of the superbowl vs the Pats...

Journeyman

EOG Master

I honestly dont think its a big deal. He wouldnt have played any differently. Just look at the way Mcnabb played at the end of the superbowl vs the Pats...

somebody has kidnapped 5 Star...I'm convinced. :doh1

didnt the eagles have two or three drives inside of 5 minutes of the OT?! thats where it shows if he has no sense of urgency to either get in fg range or turn the field...it felt like they played inside their 20 on their last handful of possessions w/ like 2 three and outs...

5 star bomb

EOG Master

somebody has kidnapped 5 Star...I'm convinced. :doh1

why you think im way off on this 1?? Just my opinion... Why wouldnt he be playing with more urgency in O.T. anyway? Not knowing the game ends in a tie what would he have done differently? maybe take some more shots down field? Well they were... I was watching it and they tried lots of passes down field... I just dont think it is as big a deal as everyone thinks... but i agree I cant believe he didnt know this rule

GUYS

Yes but if the team kicking the FG recovers they dont have to worry about it being advanced. Obviously they are going to go after the loose ball.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Are you black or just stupid?

Why should anyone look at the way McNabb played at the end of the Superbowl, since the rules are different for the Superbowl versus a regular season game?

Journeyman

EOG Master

one last time 5,

if he knows it's his last drive of the game he may not play for field position and punt, he may be moe apt to throw deep, he may be more apt to take off and run...just so many variables, you cannot possibly know for sure but your mindset has to change if you know the game is ending.

on the flipside the Eagles did tie and that could STILL work in their favor come timebreaker time.

Andy Reid, who I thought was a great coach 3-4 years ago, is a fucking idiot.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

Are you black or just stupid?

Why should anyone look at the way McNabb played at the end of the Superbowl, since the rules are different for the Superbowl versus a regular season game?

shut the fuck up you stupid racist fuck... i have no idea what the fuck you are trying to say either... try making some sense retard

one last time 5,

if he knows it's his last drive of the game he may not play for field position and punt, he may be moe apt to throw deep, he may be more apt to take off and run...just so many variables, you cannot possibly know for sure but your mindset has to change if you know the game is ending.

on the flipside the Eagles did tie and that could STILL work in their favor come timebreaker time.

when its all said and done, the eagles should have never been in this situation to begin with...you are playing the bengals for crying out loud! i think the bigger story is the bengals didnt lose the game

5 star bomb

EOG Master

one last time 5,

true true... im just gonna drop this one. Im on the fence, I guess i was just trying to say I think its getting blown out of proportion but what you said makes sense

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

shut the fuck up you stupid racist fuck... i have no idea what the fuck you are trying to say either... try making some sense retard

Can someone translate this into "ebonics" for our token poster?

Why should anyone look at the way McNabb played at the end of the Superbowl, since the rules are different for the Superbowl versus a regular season game?<!-- / message -->

Apple

Banned

I think its a huge deal.. Black,white,brown yellow who cares.. For a NFL veteran not to know that ties are a possibility is mind boggling to say the least.

High Times

EOG Master

The problem I have is not with the dumb idiot not knowing the rule,

But when you go back and remember how he runs play after play right into the wrong defense's you start to understand that McNabb is a complete idiot.

It is not all Andy Reids fault these horrible plays that the Eagle offense always seems to run because McNabb is the last chance to change the play and it's obvious he still has no clue.

Remember 2 weeks ago on 3rd and 4th down late in the 4th quarter against the Giants and McNabb ran the same exact running plays? McNabb is a total dope and everyone knows it and is protecting him.

And worse of all he is really a total dope if he didn't know this rule. He gets paid millions upon millions and doesn't even care how his game is played. How is that for loyalty?

McNabb is a complete loser around a bunch of winners!