Leaning ND +31.. Too many points isn't it?

Apple

Banned
This line keeps climbing and climbing.. It gets more and more tempting.

Anyone else considering ND +31?

FlynnNasty

EOG Addicted
Re: Leaning ND +31.. Too many points isn't it?

yea i am leaning that way also. Notre Dame really wants to play well here.

pags11

EOG Dedicated

gyno,

you know better than anyone why they call him "Pour it on Pete"...I agree the line is inflated but tread lightly...

oakparkguy

EOG Dedicated

Line is now -32 at the Greek. Look at the game this way so you are not infected by any ND bias: if USC were playing Syracuse at home, how much should they be favored by? Then add a TD since the Irish LOST to SYRACUSE, a 3-8 team, AT HOME.

I'm with Pags. The line does look tempting, but be cautious: 2 units max for those so inclined.

Cloverleaf

EOG Dedicated

Gyno, not taking a side here but USC has the No. 1 defense in the country
and their winning margin is 30 points per game this season.

ND is pretty bad though.

LaxDevil

EOG Addicted

USC rolls. Too many points for me to lay, but I see something along the lines of 45-10 USC.

Illini_in_AZ

EOG Enthusiast

I know it's a lot of points, but since it's a rivalry game, I think USC will show up and play like they would in a bowl game.

ND is a very bad football team. I expect them to get thoroughly rolled... I guess the question is whether or not that will be 28 points or 38 points...

I'd just stay away from it unless you're really feeling ND.

JMO...

Whew, too many points for me. I'm an SC guy and as much as I would love to watch a 40 point beat down on the Irish. I don't think they'll cover. ND is bad but, not as bad as WASU. I get nervous when spreads reach high like this in SC games, I don't have the exact numbers in front of me but, I would assume they're below .500 with spreads such as this. They'll either get off to a fast start and then run the ball for the majority of the 2nd half OR they will beat the living day lights out of them because they feel disrespected that they haven't moved up on the polls like they thought they would. Check the O/U, that might be a more solid bet.

If the line remains the same, I'll roll the dice on ND. If they cover or not, I'll still chalk that game up as a win for me. Go SC!

VegasDave31

EOG Enthusiast

Do you see Clausen and the Irish offense NOT making mistakes and turning the ball over multiple times to the Trojans brutal defense?

Do you see USC having trouble scoring?

The points are tempting but there are better games on the card...

There are much better games on the card but, gun to my head I'll take ND and the points. ND is capable of scoring at least once. A lucky pick, fumble, KO return or even a late TD against the 2nd string prevent defense. In all, I'm staying away.

Apple

Banned

I don't think notre dame is that bad guys. The one thing that bothers me is the fact that the trolan d is so damn good. Can the irish score more than 3 points. I wonder if this line hits 34

Axel Rose

EOG Member

My biggest concern is a turnover or 2 early leads to USC points and this game gets out of hand quickly. This team's pysche is extremely fragile + all the Weis Coaching status stories out there have not helped team focus. I have zero confidence in this ND team.

Apple

Banned

I'm definitely afraid of ND not being able to score against the best defense in the nation bar none.

Peteyapple

EOG Veteran

Tough one. I couldn't bear to watch if I had ND. I know I would be watching the 4th Quarter hoping to get a back door cover.

USC usuallly gets up for these big games, however I thought the line would be around 26.

Tough Call.

I do Love Hawaii. playing another team just coming off a Rivalry game and Wash State won, therefore will get blown out.

What do you think about the Rainbows>

Zooey_Glass

EOG Enthusiast

With the spread approaching 35 at some places, I am definitely considering taking the points.

The big elephant in the room regarding USC this season is that they're the best team in a putrid conference. The defense has bailed them out on several occasions when the offense was feeble, and the one time it didn't -- against Oregon State -- they lost.

Notre Dame is hardly a great team -- or even a good one, relative to the nation's best -- but this spread is more appropriate for Washington State.

I see a final similar to last week's USC/Stanford game. 45-23 or thereabouts.

Zooey_Glass

EOG Enthusiast

If I see 35 I'm going to play ND

Yep, I'm just waiting for the public to push it up another point or so.

Putrid conference may be strong -- I do respect Oregon State, and Arizona, Oregon and Cal are formidable. But it's a down year. Do you agree?

Apple

Banned

Definitely a down year, but next year the teams have promise.. Stanford will be much better next year, Oregon will be solid. Cal and Arizona should be about the same and USC is always top notch.