Plaxico Burress shot

rjt721

EOG Master
New York Giants receiver Plaxico Burress suffered an accidental gunshot wound Friday night in a club, according to multiple sources.

Details of the incident weren't immediately available, but according to a source the wound was not considered life-threatening. Fox Sports.com reported that Burress accidentally shot himself in the leg and spent the night in the hospital.Burress, who was not expected to play against the Washington Redskins on Sunday because of a hamstring injury, was not at team meetings and did not attend the team's Saturday walkthrough.

The Giants organization was not commenting on the story. In September, Burress was suspended for a game and fined for a violation of team rules, reportedly failing to appear at a team meeting and being unavailable by phone. At the time, his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, said that Burress was tending to urgent family matters. Burress signed a five-year, $35 million contract this fall after helping the Giants to a Super Bowl championship last season.

rjt721

EOG Master
Re: Plaxico Burress shot

Am I a terrible person for, upon first reading this news, thinking, "Shit. This isn't good for my fantasy football team with the playoffs right around the corner."

:+clueless

He got his big contract after he stepped it up at the end of the year last year. Now, he's going to lay some eggs unless he feel like trying from time to time. His attitude, ego, and selfishness have always been questioned at every level.

"They are who we thought they were..." --denny green

Am I a terrible person for, upon first reading this news, thinking, "Shit. This isn't good for my fantasy football team with the playoffs right around the corner."

me too.. luckily I have Steve Smith, Randy Moss, and Hines Ward as well.. but my late season trade to get Burress is not looking to smart now.

rjt721

EOG Master

me too.. luckily I have Steve Smith, Randy Moss, and Hines Ward as well.. but my late season trade to get Burress is not looking to smart now.
Same here. Picked up Plax in a trade two weeks ago. Didn't get one start out of the guy. Good thing I have Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Lee Evans and Breaston.

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

doesn't surprise me a bit.

your broke your whole life.sometimes you might even do without a meal growing up and you never had much more than a couple dollars at one time.you never really worked because your too busy playing sports so you don't know the value of hard work or a paycheck either then all of a sudden you have ten or twelve million dollars thats all yours.i'm surprised some of these guys don't end up in a damn mental ward.so what they think is money equals power so they get a hot head,get an enterouge of hanger ons who care about nothing but the money.in about five years the money is all gone and you see the player on the news drunk,high and exhausted from breaking the law and all his so called friends are nowhere to be found.

ChuteBoxe

EOG Master

I just thought, "Motherfucker! I just bought his authentic! Hopefully the Giants don't get rid of him."

Moldoveanu

EOG Master

giants should know better that they should get rid of him!

they are a good team without him ! thats a waste of money that

they are throwing away! damn i am pissed when some1 gets paid

so much and fucks aroudn to much! ass hole !

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

He got his big contract after he stepped it up at the end of the year last year. Now, he's going to lay some eggs unless he feel like trying from time to time. His attitude, ego, and selfishness have always been questioned at every level.

Been thinking the same thing for weeks now Sanderson......

Plaxico is also gonna be facing weapons charges for this

And teammate Antonio Pearce also stands to face charges for taking the gun and hiding it from authorities

Word has it that police showed up at his home in New Jersey to question him about the incident and they were denied entry.

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated

<TABLE class=tborder id=post1754316 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid"> 11-29-08, 02:09 PM </TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid" align=right> #14 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 0px solid" width=175>5 star bomb<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1754316", true); </SCRIPT>
Posting Legend

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_1754316 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid"> Re: Plaxico Burress shot
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1>athletes need guns now days... They are targets, you need self defense.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Plaxico needed some kevlar pants too. It's a shame the dumb bastard didn't have the gun aimed up instead of down

The "goose" said it exactly right, if you need a gun to go into a certain club, you have no business being there in the first place.

The motherfucker carried a gun into a club. Please, dipshits, dont try to defend this. Burress hopefully gets a massive dose of karma at some point in his life. Dude is a piece of shit, and is buttfucking my fantasy team meanwhile :hangt

kidslick

EOG Dedicated

Plaxico needed some kevlar pants too. It's a shame the dumb bastard didn't have the gun aimed up instead of down

:+excited-:+excited-

You can tell how bad the giants missed him........lol

kidslick

EOG Dedicated

JAILTIME BABY..................................

3.5 years mandatory

91023i2ndw;l91023i2ndw;l91023i2ndw;l

PassTheRock

EOG Master

Receivers in general are a whacky bunch -- "Ocho Cinco," T.O., Plax, Moss, etc.

They're free to act like prima donna idiots because, for the most part, they avoid the consistent physical beating most other players experience.