Yanks continue to make a mockery: 91 million to Burnett

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!
Re: Yanks continue to make a mockery: 91 million to Burnett

exactly. come down on the teams who are willing to do whatever it takes to put a brilliant product on the field and give a pass to the teams who are pocketing their money and laughing all the way to the bank.

mofome

Banned

I actually believe that thought was somewhat fresh.. I was real low on Burnett until last year.. I have changed my tune. But as a GM, I havent changed it 91 million times. He has good stuff for sure though

burnett is awesome. i wanted him on the os, but no dice.

rjt721

EOG Master

huh? Mo what do you mean? They spend money... other teams owners are cheap

Has nothing to do with other owners being cheap. You're kidding yourself if you don't think every team would spend money if they had the same resources as the Yanks.

mofome

Banned

Salary caps hurt the players. Pro sports leagues in this country are a monopoly, they shouldn't be allowed to put a ceiling on salaries. Thats not how this country was built. People should make what someone is willing to pay them.

please dont try and make me feel bad for the poor players.

mofome

Banned

huh? Mo what do you mean? They spend money... other teams owners are cheap

other owners dont have nearly as much money. the yanks make more money than everyone, not because they deserve more.

mofome

Banned

Who's fault is it that the Yanks make more money than the marlins and nationals?

Who's fault it is that a doctor in NYC makes more than a doctor in Washington DC?

fault? what are you kidding me? why do you think the yanks make more?

:pop:

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

other owners dont have nearly as much money. the yanks make more money than everyone, not because they deserve more.
The owner of the Kansas City Royals from their birth in 1969 until his death in 1993, Kauffman operated the Royals as if they were a public trust and financed them partly with his personal fortune. Kauffman spent what he had to spend to keep players like George Brett, Frank White, Willie Wilson, Dan Quisenberry and Bret Saberhagen

I don?t know if Pohlad has put any of his personal fortune into the Twins, but it is considerable. A longtime banker, the 92-year-old Pohlad is tied for 114th on the Forbes 400 list of the wealthiest people in the country with a fortune estimated at $3.1 billion.
He is the wealthiest baseball owner on the list, which also includes John Malone (Braves, tied for 188th, $2.4 billion), Mike Ilitch (Tigers, tied for 297th, $1.6 billion), and Tom Hicks (Rangers) and George Steinbrenner (Yankees, tied for 380th, $1.3 billion).

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

I guess Carl Pohlad couldnt afford to keep Johan around.

Maybe we should take up a collection for the Twins owner.

mofome

Banned

yes, but he doesnt bring that money in due to baseball. his team isnt bringing him that money. these business men want to make a profit, just like george. are you suggesting that other teams should lose money on their teams to spend half as much as the yanks?

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

yes, but he doesnt bring that money in due to baseball. his team isnt bringing him that money. these business men want to make a profit, just like george. are you suggesting that other teams should lose money on their teams to spend half as much as the yanks?

no difference. the guy had 3 fucking BILLION.

You just said they want to make a profit. And, that profit is coming at their own fans expense. They keep the money in their pockets and the loyal fans lose year after year after year.

mofome

Banned

no difference. the guy had 3 fucking BILLION.

You just said they want to make a profit. And, that profit is coming at their own fans expense. They keep the money in their pockets and the loyal fans lose year after year after year.

no difference? incorrect. There is a huge difference. This is an investment. You own the team to make money, not to win. George makes money because of the size of his market.

Its laughable for one team to spend 100 million more than the 2nd largest payroll in baseball. Thats a complete joke.

no difference? incorrect. There is a huge difference. This is an investment. You own the team to make money, not to win. George makes money because of the size of his market.

Its laughable for one team to spend 100 million more than the 2nd largest payroll in baseball. Thats a complete joke.

I dont have a problem with if from an ownership perspective as long as his bottom line is +++, he's making good decisions, at least from a financial standpoint.. but as a fan, its gross. i know what youre saying though, .... put mo at GM and we will win and spend less money, and yes, then make even a larger profit...

mofome

Banned

I dont have a problem with if from an ownership perspective as long as his bottom line is +++, he's making good decisions, at least from a financial standpoint.. but as a fan, its gross. i know what youre saying though, .... put mo at GM and we will win and spend less money, and yes, then make even a larger profit...

We should take over the operation. I would trade CC to the Os for Garrett Olson and a player to be named later. I would also pick up 90% of the contract.

oij213490

We should take over the operation. I would trade CC to the Os for Garrett Olson and a player to be named later. I would also pick up 90% of the contract.

oij213490

Its hard to say what to do now as their GM.. they have many tied in, and at salaries no one would be willing to take on in a trade.. They have overspent ridiculously, I just think this time they got some really great players..

The only thing Im pretty sure happens in the AL East: The Yanks make the playoffs, and The O's dig in for last.. ::LMAO:: Sorry

mofome

Banned

Its hard to say what to do now as their GM.. they have many tied in, and at salaries no one would be willing to take on in a trade.. They have overspent ridiculously, I just think this time they got some really great players..

The only thing Im pretty sure happens in the AL East: The Yanks make the playoffs, and The O's dig in for last.. ::LMAO:: Sorry

The Os may not win 23 games.

Matt Treanor was released by the Marlins. Surprised that wasn't the headline story.

jacksorbetter

EOG Dedicated

Salary caps hurt the players. Pro sports leagues in this country are a monopoly, they shouldn't be allowed to put a ceiling on salaries. Thats not how this country was built. People should make what someone is willing to pay them.

There is no way in hell you'd say that if you were a Royals or A's fan.

Do the kids that grow up a Yankees fan start rooting for a position instead of a favorite player? Take away Jeter and Mariano and how can you root for them. Your favorite player will be replaced in 2 years by the hot free agent. Randy Johnson, Pavano, Mussina, Giambi, and Damon have been busts for what they paid them.

I grew up a Brooks Robinson and Jim Palmer fan. Murray, Singleton, Ripken all spent the majority of their careers with one team. My son wore his Melvin Mora jersey today and will be very excited when he gets an Adam Jones jersey for Christmas.

Do Yankee kids get excited to get a "free agent to be named later" jersey?

Quality post Mr. S., top notch.:thumbsup

Wouldn't be surprised if the Fish end up resigning Matty at some point.

Ok, now back to your regularly scheduled Yankee-Red Sox circle jerk.

Quality post Mr. S., top notch.:thumbsup

Wouldn't be surprised if the Fish end up resigning Matty at some point.

Ok, now back to your regularly scheduled Yankee-Red Sox circle jerk.

HELL, for EXCESS Sake........ One More.. Misty May TREANOR

her ass.

mofome

Banned

for fuck sake mr sanders. thank you

:cocktail

jacksorbetter

EOG Dedicated

The Red Sox do the same exact thing but no one says a boo about them. No one. Its ok for them to do it, but not ok for NYY.

The Red Sox have only ever signed two guys for more than $50 million contracts (Drew and Dice K). It is far from the exact same thing.

Pickandwin2

EOG Dedicated

Say what you want about the Yankees spending.

Last year they tried the other way, by not going after any Big name pitchers.....and they went no where.

The famous "young guns' didn't last, be it injuries or whatever.

Time to go back to the "old days" and buy a world series :pop:

Boognish

EOG Enthusiast

I hate the yanks, but I think it's awesome!

It makes it that much better when they fail miserably.

biggamer3

EOG Master

Mo, do you realize the Yankees havent signed a bigtime FA in years now, and they have like 80M coming off the books with Giambi,Pettitte, Mussina, Abrue gone.

Why the fuck shouldnt they spend the money now?

Should they save up the money like other teams or put out the best product possible?

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

Mo, do you realize the Yankees havent signed a bigtime FA in years now, and they have like 80M coming off the books with Giambi,Pettitte, Mussina, Abrue gone.

Why the fuck shouldnt they spend the money now?

Should they save up the money like other teams or put out the best product possible?

Don't forget Carl Pavano's $11 million/year is also coming off the books.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

The Red Sox have only ever signed two guys for more than $50 million contracts (Drew and Dice K). It is far from the exact same thing.

Once you do it one time, its the exact same thing.

Also, the Red Sox 'brass' flew private plane to court Dice K, while Cashman flew commericial.

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated

<TABLE class=tborder id=post1786796 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid"> 12-11-08, 02:46 AM </TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid" align=right> #18 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 0px solid" width=175>mofome<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1786796", true); </SCRIPT>
Head Moderator

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_1786796 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid"> Re: Yanks continue to make a mockery: 91 million to Burnett
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1>Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Timetopay
Redskins tried this for years and no one was complaining around these parts
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

incomparable.

::LMAO::::LMAO::::LMAO::::LMAO::::LMAO::::LMAO::::LMAO::::LMAO::::LMAO::::LMAO::::LMAO::::LMAO::::LMAO::::LMAO::::LMAO::

The only difference is Mo loves the Skins and hates the Yanks.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

<TABLE class=tborder id=post1786796 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid"> 12-11-08, 02:46 AM </TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid" align=right>#18 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 0px solid" width=175>mofome<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1786796", true); </SCRIPT>
Head Moderator

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_1786796 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid"> Re: Yanks continue to make a mockery: 91 million to Burnett
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1>Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Timetopay
Redskins tried this for years and no one was complaining around these parts

incomparable.

::LMAO::::LMAO::::LMAO::::LMAO::::LMAO::::LMAO::::LMAO::::LMAO::::LMAO::::LMAO::::LMAO::::LMAO::::LMAO::::LMAO::::LMAO::

The only difference is Mo loves the Skins and hates the Yanks.

:yankcl: