Yanks = over 100 million dollars on 5 players

mofome

Banned
Time to stop watching baseball. Cashman is the worst Gm in the world, but who cares, just outspend everyone because you have more money than everyone. Baseball should be embarrassed.

mofome

Banned
Re: Yanks = over 100 million dollars on 5 players

didley only one amused by this?

nope. people are laughing at the yanks all over the place. people are sick of it im sure. i just cant stop laughing. most people have accepted it. dont act like you think this is good managing or good for the game. its a joke.

yep, i'm not really into bases anymore, so i'm yawn on bases news :)

not into baseball after these latest 150+ milli signing bonanza going on

mofome

Banned

didley only one amused by this?

Seriously. Baseball is an even bigger joke than it was just yesterday. The Yankees are just attempting to buy yet another championship. No different than what the Sox have done. Guess I will continue to be a lowly Orioles fan hoping they can come in third place in the East. Baseball really needs a salary cap to make it truly competitive. Thank goodness for the Rays and Phillies...they proved that you can win a championship without spending more than the US Government.

The reason I never watch baseball...what's that now, half a billion on 3 players? Plus a 26 million tax? F baseball.

Just LMFAO at the Yanks.

Remember when players actually wanted to play for the pinstripes and just came begging to play there?

Now they have to offer players 20 million more than any other team.

difference is the Red Sox offer market rate for players or slightly higher. The Yankees over pay everybody. I'd be shocked if they didn't say F it at this point and sign Manny.

Being a life-long Cowboys fan, I remember the days before the salary cap, when there were about 7 competitive teams. Does anyone that watches the NFL now think we're better off without a cap? And the NFL owners have shot themselves in the penis with killing the labor agreement they just signed too, they could end up back to a spot without the cap and the revenue sharing.

Baseball is the perfect model of why there should be a cap. Even if the Yankees don't win the WS, the bigger point is that they've stolen the ability for lesser teams to compete on a regular basis. Yes, small market teams will win in spots, but overall, the best talent goes to the team with the most money.

Imagine what Bob Kraft, Pat Bolen, Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder will do if there's nothing done to prevent the same thing in football. Just a thought.

:xmas5

One of only 2 franchises that is going to pony up the luxury tax this year. More and more incentive to hope they fall flat on their faces.

Timetopay

EOG Master

How you think I feel when my Rays got to go into the season to battle this garbage.

Not sure why although they can not have a salary cap they couldnt cap how much is spent in the offseason by one particular team.

This is garbage

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

mofome

Banned

yanks should be embarrassed. Cashman is the worst GM so they don't even have him work anymore. just outspend whatever other people come up with.

And these guys wonder why they get robbed outside of nightclubs!:LMAO

rjt721

EOG Master

Will just make it more enjoyable when they fail to win the World Series.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Will just make it more enjoyable when they fail to win the World Series.

Why would you think they were going to WIN the world series? They were far back in the AL East, didn't even make the playoffs last year and you are acting like they are a mortal lock to win? I appreciate your confidence, i'm not so confident. I'm just hoping for a good 90 win season this year...we have a lot of work to do, we still have a long way to go to beat out boston or tampa.

texansfan

EOG Master

Why would you think they were going to WIN the world series? They were far back in the AL East, didn't even make the playoffs last year and you are acting like they are a mortal lock to win? I appreciate your confidence, i'm not so confident. I'm just hoping for a good 90 win season this year...we have a lot of work to do, we still have a long way to go to beat out boston or tampa.

Over 400 million in this off-season and you're just expecting a 90 win season? Please, if they don't win the WS the season is a failure.

mofome

Banned

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

You guys don't know baseball that well. The Yanks are still the 3rd best team in the east until proven otherwise. 10 games is a lot to make up. Can we do it? Maybe. You guys seem to think its a fait accompli.

Either that, or you are trying to belittle an amazing accomplishment like winning a world series. You are trying to create some situation where if NYY wins it, they will get zero credit, but if they lose, they're some kind of major failure.

Now, if the Yanks WON the WS last year and then upgraded their roster like this i would agree with you that they would be the biggest failure ever. But, a team who doesn't make the playoffs is no sure thing to win any world series the following year.

You guys don't know baseball that well. The Yanks are still the 3rd best team in the east until proven otherwise. 10 games is a lot to make up. Can we do it? Maybe. You guys seem to think its a fait accompli.

Yankees didn't sign those FA's to just make the playoffs.

Either that, or you are trying to belittle an amazing accomplishment like winning a world series. You are trying to create some situation where if NYY wins it, they will get zero credit, but if they lose, they're some kind of major failure.

Let's just say the odds are stacked in their favor, because of their market.

Now, if the Yanks WON the WS last year and then upgraded their roster like this i would agree with you that they would be the biggest failure ever. But, a team who doesn't make the playoffs is no sure thing to win any world series the following year.

You are the WC equal of 5 Star. Congrats on the flawed logic.

mofome

Banned

You aren't an idiot, but sometimes you play one on eog. What you just wrote here is mind numbingly stupid.

roseman

EOG Dedicated

For gamblers this is a good thing b/c the prices on the yankees will be great to fade night in and night out. Damn, go get someone else and spend a couple hundred million. How the hell did Tex get this much money is my question...wow.