Notre Dame/Georgetown (in - game) thread...

Bucsfan67

EOG Master
big matchup in the Big East tonight....Notre Dame has the nation's longest winning streak on the line after BYU lost Saturday, and Georgetown has already proved they can win on the road at good teams, by thumping UConn last week...

Lets go Irish, really like them tonight, hope they can get it done...hope the GT team that played Pitt shows up rather than the one that played UConn earlier.......

Lets GO IRISH...!!!!

:+excited-:+excited-:+excited-

Bucsfan67

EOG Master
Re: Notre Dame/Georgetown (in - game) thread...

both teams throwing up the 3's early, but none going in.......

didnt realize notre dame was 2nd best in the NCAA in turnovers....thats impressive

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

wow Harangody got fouled there, but it worked out better that they ddint call it....wouldnt have been shooting foul, but since they didnt call it, he was able to lay it up..

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

pretty amazing what Brey has done with the ND program...they are a perennial top 20 team, and have had some REAL talent come through there the last few years.....they are getting better talent for the bb team than the football team is getting...something u never would have said in the past....

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

T Jackson with a nice shot there for ND>...something u rarely see, a guy open, and steps in to nail a 2 pointer that he can hit, rather than shoot the 3, that he's not sure about......most guys i think would rather miss a 3, than make a 2 it seems..he just stepped in and nailed the 16 footer...

NascarWinners

EOG Veteran

This is gonna be a nice game to watch and dame will pull it out in the end

Also Under

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

apparently the "good" Georgetown team showed up tonight, i should have known.....this isnt the team i had on Saturday, thats for sure......they were down 10 by now at home in that game.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

not worried, just wish GT was laying an egg to make it easy

Harangody in the game with 2 fouls and 8 minutes left in the 1st half.

NascarWinners

EOG Veteran

I Agree But ND Looks Solid Just didn't like that last TO could of used a little better run

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

wow, Harangody gave em the ol Kareem skyhook....

that was sweet....

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

Georgetown guy looked like he took about 4 steps before dishing it off for the assist on the 3.....then they come down court, and it sure looked liked ND guy held the ball for about 2 steps before dribbling.......back to back weird plays there..

To be fair Summers also playing with 2 fouls for GT, but I know Thompson would trade Summers for LH to get off the floor.

I believe McAlarney is the key to this game. If he stays hot, ND will win and probrably going away down the stretch.

If GT can close out on him well enough to contain him GT could win.

LH will more than likely be offset by the physicallity of GT inside.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

wow u dont see that often.....35 second shot clock violation, and the guy wasn't even trying to shoot it....like they completely forgot about the clock..

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

sure seems like there are a lot of "over the backs" not being called on both sides...i dont mind it if its fair to both sides, but they sure could have called some fouls that they havent it seems....i think that actually favors GT though...as they are more physical, and not near as deep....

If ND gets a 6 point lead it will be over. GT is not a play from behind team. But if tey get a DD lead they will take the air out of the ball and watch the patience they show.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

Notre Dame starting to run now, and thats when they are there best.........

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

boy Harangody sure has a sweet shot.....he is stepping out and making deeper shots this year as well....but he's an NBA player for sure, with that body and height.....

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

ND took it to them last 5 minutes of first half and get an 11 point lead going into half....

nice work

Boy was I wrong about LH

He has scored their last 11 pts and can shoot against a normally stingey GT D

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

tempted to go with ND +2, cuz they just look sharper and faster than GT tonight...but its so risky cuz when it gets to end, they foul and ND will just be playing to win the game, not to win by the 9 you would need....but it might not come to that either....a quick foul for Summers and they are hurting, and if ND can string together another run to start half, like they ended it, GT likely to fold up like a Kmart lawnchair

mofome

Banned

shit 2H is way under. so i lose .5 on 2H and win 1 on game under. got myself off an easy win.
shit