Check in fellow Browns fans...Ravens vs. Steelers...which is the lesser of two evils?

Buckeye

EOG Veteran
Talk about a Black Sunday! Steelers-Browns is regarded as one of the most heated rivalies in all of sports. Browns fans have for generations grown up hating Pittsburgh with a passion. Then there are the Ravens, our original Browns taken away from us by Art Modell in a move many Clevelanders consider the darkest day in the history of the town.

So who do you root for?

I'm going to take a beating from my fellow Brownies for saying this, but you have to respect the Pittsburgh history and the way the franchise is run from top to bottom. The model of consistency. An ownership who simply hires the right people then steps back and allows those people to run the show. Lots to like, or at least respect about the franchise. And lets admit it, as heated as the Cleve-Pitt rivalry is, there is a bit of mutual repsect amongst MOST fans. (Admit it, Terrible Towel wavers, the NFL just wasn't the same during the decade we didn't exist).

All that being said, if the Steelers advance to the Super Bowl, I'll be yelling "GOOOOOOOO EAGLES / CARDINALS" at the top of my lungs:+textinb3:+textinb3:+textinb3

trapper

EOG Member
Re: Check in fellow Browns fans...Ravens vs. Steelers...which is the lesser of two evils?

I guess I don't know how to feel after that move and the success of the Ravens other than upset. But, the move was made by Modell and the players have no control over what happened, so I will root for the Ravens and continue to root against the Steelers. It is tough though, Ben from Ohio and Santonio from OSU makes it more difficult for me. I tried to actually shift to become a Steeler fan due to the Browns disappointing me again, but it wasn't there. I say The Browns time will come and until then, down with Pittsburgh.

FeelTheTruth

EOG Addicted
Re: Check in fellow Browns fans...Ravens vs. Steelers...which is the lesser of two evils?

This is like asking would you rather be kicked in the left nut or the right one