How do people blame McNabb for this loss?

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows
How is it possible? I am so confused. Can someone help explain to me how Frog, Cee, Thor and D Ray can blame McNabb for this loss? I'm so confused.

He played a GREAT game and his receiver dropped the ball at the end, that would have moved the chains. Am I missing something?

pioneer

EOG Dedicated
Re: How do people blame McNabb for this loss?

Well, for one thing, if Philly had won, he would have received all the credit....it sorta goes with the QB position

Can't blame him at all. Giving up 32 points is the problem.

rjt721

EOG Master

Because McNabb should have played middle linebacker to stop Hightower from getting in the end zone on the winning score. He also should have played some corner to prevent Fitz from scoring three times.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Well, for one thing, if Philly had won, he would have received all the credit....it sorta goes with the QB position

Funny thing is, he wouldn't have gotten all the credit. McNabb gets the blame more than other QB's. He made the play, and it was dropped. He can't throw it and catch it. You could argue that he shouldn't have had any INT's today, and he probably should have thrown for 400+ yards and 3 TD's. It's amazing the criticism he gets as a player. He played GREAT today, but his teammates didn't help him out much. Simple as that.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Because McNabb should have played middle linebacker to stop Hightower from getting in the end zone on the winning score. He also should have played some corner to prevent Fitz from scoring three times.

Also he should have played receiver so that he could have caught that ball that Curtis dropped at the end. What an idiot. I hope Philly runs him out of town so the Bears can pick him up. You don't know what you have until it's gone.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Sports fans are curious on forums:

same crowd that called Elway a loser

same crowd that called Peyton a "choker"

same crowd that said Phil Mickeleson didnt have the guts to win a Major

Donovan will get blasted and remember ... NFL LEGEND Rush Limbaugh said
he is overrated anyway

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Funny thing is, he wouldn't have gotten all the credit. McNabb gets the blame more than other QB's. He made the play, and it was dropped. He can't throw it and catch it. You could argue that he shouldn't have had any INT's today, and he probably should have thrown for 400+ yards and 3 TD's. It's amazing the criticism he gets as a player. He played GREAT today, but his teammates didn't help him out much. Simple as that.

WOW....we have been watching completely different media for the past 8-9 years or so. I am absolutely amazed at how much credit he gets for being such a great QB....frankly, I just don't see it

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

WOW....we have been watching completely different media for the past 8-9 years or so. I am absolutely amazed at how much credit he gets for being such a great QB....frankly, I just don't see it

You don't see it. He's been to 5 NFC Title games, 5. Count 'em. 5. He goes every other year. He's the focal point of an offense that's been to 5 NFC title games. The Eagles don't even sniff the playoffs with out McNabb, but if you listened to the media you'd think he was one of the worst QB's in the league. He's a borderline Hall of Famer, and people in Philly can't kick him out any faster.

If Donovan McNabb had Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark and the Colts offensive line his whole career he'd have Manning like numbers. Look what he did when he had TO. People, for some reason, crucify him. It's crazy.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Because he looked like a shmuck the entire first half throwing erratically. But if I really had to blame somebody my ol whipping boy Andy who can't coach in the big one comes to mind. Is there a phone on the Cards sideline McNabb can pick up and answer?

Best Wishes...OF :+waving-5

Brewers in 7

EOG Dedicated

Because he looked like a shmuck the entire first half throwing erratically. But if I really had to blame somebody my ol whipping boy Andy who can't coach in the big one comes to mind. Is there a phone on the Cards sideline McNabb can pick up and answer?

didnt matter too much but remember they wasted that timeout down near the goal line, couldve used that at the end

same here. Timely is just weird and puts words in peoples mouths. Mcnabb not being that good automatically means "he lost the game soley". According to timely. I've said philly wasn't that good all season. So if he wants to be weird and make his little rants, then more power to him, i'll just laugh :thumbsup

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

You don't see it. He's been to 5 NFC Title games, 5. Count 'em. 5. He goes every other year. He's the focal point of an offense that's been to 5 NFC title games. The Eagles don't even sniff the playoffs with out McNabb, but if you listened to the media you'd think he was one of the worst QB's in the league. He's a borderline Hall of Famer, and people in Philly can't kick him out any faster.

If Donovan McNabb had Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark and the Colts offensive line his whole career he'd have Manning like numbers. Look what he did when he had TO. People, for some reason, crucify him. It's crazy.

You may not like TO(I don't particularly care for him either) but when he said the Eagles would have won the SB if they had Favre at QB instead of McNabb, he was ASFL correct, not politically correct mind you, but Absofuckinglutely correct!

ps. I have to respond to your last line...people(like the entire ESPN talking head group) also give him so much credit for being a GREAT QB

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

same here. Timely is just weird and puts words in peoples mouths. Mcnabb not being that good automatically means "he lost the game soley". According to timely. I've said philly wasn't that good all season. So if he wants to be weird and make his little rants, then more power to him, i'll just laugh :thumbsup

Cee, how was McNabb not that good today? This is where we don't agree, at all.

You actually said that McNabb choked on the final drive, even though he made the pass and Curtis dropped it. Speaking of weird, that's what you are Cee.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

You may not like TO(I don't particularly care for him either) but when he said the Eagles would have won the SB if they had Favre at QB instead of McNabb, he was ASFL correct, not politically correct mind you, but Absofuckinglutely correct!

ps. I have to respond to your last line...people(like the entire ESPN talking head group) also give him so much credit for being a GREAT QB

He's been one of the 5 best QB's in the NFL for the last 10 years, and you could argue he's been one of the 3 best QB's in the NFL over the last 10 years. That's considered great to me.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

He's been one of the 5 best QB's in the NFL for the last 10 years, and you could argue he's been one of the 3 best QB's in the NFL over the last 10 years. That's considered great to me.

Exactly....that's considered overrated to me....tomato, tomahto

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

didnt matter too much but remember they wasted that timeout down near the goal line, couldve used that at the end

He blew a to in the first half badly, took an entire half to adjust and gagged at the end. Andy uses the same script in every championship game. They only had 1 to at the end when they needed all 3. Philly took the lead, needed to make one more stand and just failed badly. That long time consuming drive gave the Cards D some much needed rest as they were spent. But the key play was the Cards 4 down conversion running wide. Philly probably wins if that guy shoots the gap a fraction of a second earlier. To me that was the key play or turning point.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

How many rings does this great QB have? How many game winning drives in the NFC championship game or Super Bowl?

Best Wishes...oF :+waving-5

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

How many rings does this great QB have? How many game winning drives in the NFC championship game or Super Bowl?

Best Wishes...oF :+waving-5

Who would you put ahead of him, other than Manning, Brady, and Favre over the last 10 years?

How many rings did Marino have? Just wondering.

It's not his fault that Curtis dropped the ball. IT'S A TEAM GAME! Not a ONE man game. I thought you would be smart enough to know that Frog.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

I'd put Kurt, and Tom and Peyton in front of him for sure. Now McNabb is in the same class as Marino or Dan Fouts? Not even close. You are more like themanej today. Great QB tend to win big games. What is his record in championship games now? And this is with a good running and a great defense, something Marino never had.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

I am guessing Rypien and Hostetler are better qbs since they each have a SB ring

d ray

EOG Dedicated

when did i say they lost because of McNabb?

tripp

EOG Master

McNabb is a terrible QB and is simply not a winner. I would never have him as my starting QB. Reid/McNabb is just not a combination for a good football team.

Putting McNabb is any top 5 list is nothing short of ridiculous.

He missed badly on what probrably would have been 3 touchdowns. Not to mention he made alot of other poor throws.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Going into the 08 season McNabb is a bigger "winner" than the following based on Regular and Post Season winning Percentages:

Peyton Manning
Brett Favre
Kurt Warner
Eli Manning
Drew Brees
Carson Palmer

Go look at the guys career stats: 194 tds vs 90 ints and outside of that stint with TO has basically had no wr standouts

tripp

EOG Master

Simply Not a "winner"??

Based on what logic??

based on the fact that he's not a winner?

he has had very good defenses in his career, great ST's, an explosive RB and luck. Eli Manning beat the Giants last weekend, not McNabb. Minnesota as a team, along with Childress beat Minnesota in the first round, not McNabb. Tampa Bay handed Philadelphia a playoff spot they didn't deserve, McNabb didn't earn it for them.

d ray

EOG Dedicated

he has had very good defenses in his career, great ST's, an explosive RB and luck. Eli Manning beat the Giants last weekend, not McNabb. Minnesota as a team, along with Childress beat Minnesota in the first round, not McNabb. Tampa Bay handed Philadelphia a playoff spot they didn't deserve, McNabb didn't earn it for them.

i would agree with every one of those statements.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

It's funny how you spin everything against McNabb. That's usually what the McNabb haters do. He gets no credit for winning, and all the blame when they lose. Thanks for proving my point.

Simply not a winner. Jim Kelly was, "simply not a winner" too? He's been to 5 NFC title games. That smells of winning to me.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

i would agree with every one of those statements.

Yes, but you already proved to be a racist piece of shit so we can move past your opinion.

"Black QB's simply don't win Superbowls. Look it up." That is what you said I believe. Funny, last time I checked Doug Williams was black. Maybe try to educate yourself once in a while.

tripp

EOG Master

Going into the 08 season McNabb is a bigger "winner" than the following based on Regular and Post Season winning Percentages:

Peyton Manning
Brett Favre
Kurt Warner
Eli Manning
Drew Brees
Carson Palmer

Go look at the guys career stats: 194 tds vs 90 ints and outside of that stint with TO has basically had no wr standouts

I would take all of those QB's over him except Brett Favre. I would actually take Mark Sanchez or Matt Stafford in the draft over having either one of those two. I'd take them both over Eli Manning also.

It's a joke that McNabb is even compared with Peyton Manning. One is the best QB of all time and the other is an overrated idiot that doesn't even know the rules.