Anyone have any experience with gas powered RC cars?

Tuckman

Uh Poster
i bought me and the gf's son each one for xmas and these things are by far the most fucking fustrating thing i have ever dealt with... First i couldnt get them going, now i got them going, and u are suppose to idle 3 tanks of gas to break them in and once i get it started it fucking stalls out.. they are less then an hour away from being thrown into the garbage can...2938u4ji23

i am completely clueless with these things, what possessed me to buy them..My knuckles are completely cut and busted up from trying to get them started over and over :hangt

Timetopay

EOG Master
Re: Anyone have any experience with gas powered RC cars?

dude we got a gas shortage go with the hybrids

ballwonder

EOG Master

i bought me and the gf's son each one for xmas and these things are by far the most fucking fustrating thing i have ever dealt with... First i couldnt get them going, now i got them going, and u are suppose to idle 3 tanks of gas to break them in and once i get it started it fucking stalls out.. they are less then an hour away from being thrown into the garbage can...2938u4ji23

i am completely clueless with these things, what possessed me to buy them..My knuckles are completely cut and busted up from trying to get them started over and over :hangt

Not kidding but is it a pull handle job where you have to prime it to get it started? And if so after you primed did you smell gas?

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

Yeah I have one...had troubles with it after the first week (probably about 8 years old now). Pain in the ass getting it started a lot of the time with the glow plug heater and shit. When it would start it was fun as hell...fast fucking rc car. I think I ended up taking apart part of the engine and cleaning out all the dirt to get it to work right. Mine was a Traxxas...pain in the ass most of the time and fuel can get expensive.

ChuteBoxe

EOG Master

Yeah, it's an awesome hobby when you finally learn what you're doing. It's just expensive. I used to be part of a racing league in the late 80's here. Good times. Had the clip on Lambo body.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

i finally got 1 going out of the 2, fun as hell, but i just about put it thru the neighbors garage door... only problem i'm having, at full throttle its stalling out...

its pull handle and gas and so forth, i think i just need to adjust it to make it less rich, but no clue how to do that.. the hobby shop set it for break in period last night and i just had some fun with it, but now that i am thru the recommended 3 tanks at idle speeds i am ready to see this thing actually do 70 mph

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

I have a ton of experience with a Baja 5B. I have practically rebuilt the entire front end, and have it dialed in as far as break in then fast idle/slow idle and top end adjusts. It sounds like your top end is allowing too much fuel and stalling. One way I adjust mine on top end is to put it up on blocks and adjust it stationary. Since yours is new that would be my best guess. I have also upgraded aspiration with a dual stage oversized air cleaner and high stack exhaust to x can to straight exhaust. Loud as hell though. Good luck, I love mine.

Best Wishes...OF :+waving-5

Tuckman

Uh Poster

a lil funny story about the 2nd car.. i ordered the cars on 10/28 but they were xmas gifts as i previously stated... i finally took the cars out of the box around the first of the year to get them going.. the 2nd car i couldnt even get to start, so i took it into the hobby shop 3 days ago... it comes to find out the gas tank had a hole in it, so it wasnt holding compression right so it wouldnt start, and also a "servo" box, which is part of the steering system was broken as well (the car was never started before this, it came this way).. all in all to get it fixed it was like 72 bucks.. the main problem was the hobby shop didnt have a replacement gas tank the exact size for my car so it had to come from the stock company.. the hobby shop was just gonna poxy it closed for the time being to get it going.. so i called the company i bought the cars from (ordered online from trendtimes) and explain to them the situation and this lady was nice enough to offer to send me a new gas tank to replace the broken one and for the rest of the money i had to spend on getting it fixed they offered to send me 4 quarts of fuel.. which i thought was cool of them.. so i get a call from the hobby shop last night after they tried to fix the so called problem and it comes to find out the complete steering system is bad and my remote control was not working.. so i called the company back up today, and some new guy gets on and just about tells me to fuck off its not his responsibilty or his companys to fix the car in anyway and i should just be greatful they offered to send me the gas tank and some fuel for the money i had to put in a brand new car i never used...he says if i even want any chance to get it fixed i would have to go directly to the manufactor of the product he wasnt gonna do jack shit for me...

so what i got from it all is this, i'm gonna hafta fix it myself out of my pocket and if i ever go to any store and the product is defected or broken, not to try and return it, its not the stores resposibilty.. how fucked up is that

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

What a brutal bad story. Sorry to hear that bugman. I have nothing but awesome experience with mine, except I think the steering servo gears were manufactured or designed to last a short time, everyone including me upgrade to metal instead of plastic gears. I think I would go ballistic pissed off customer if that happened to me, and it would be wrath of Frog with that company. What a shitty experience.

Best Wishes...OF :+waving-5

a lil funny story about the 2nd car.. i ordered the cars on 10/28 but they were xmas gifts as i previously stated... i finally took the cars out of the box around the first of the year to get them going.. the 2nd car i couldnt even get to start, so i took it into the hobby shop 3 days ago... it comes to find out the gas tank had a hole in it, so it wasnt holding compression right so it wouldnt start, and also a "servo" box, which is part of the steering system was broken as well (the car was never started before this, it came this way).. all in all to get it fixed it was like 72 bucks.. the main problem was the hobby shop didnt have a replacement gas tank the exact size for my car so it had to come from the stock company.. the hobby shop was just gonna poxy it closed for the time being to get it going.. so i called the company i bought the cars from (ordered online from trendtimes) and explain to them the situation and this lady was nice enough to offer to send me a new gas tank to replace the broken one and for the rest of the money i had to spend on getting it fixed they offered to send me 4 quarts of fuel.. which i thought was cool of them.. so i get a call from the hobby shop last night after they tried to fix the so called problem and it comes to find out the complete steering system is bad and my remote control was not working.. so i called the company back up today, and some new guy gets on and just about tells me to fuck off its not his responsibilty or his companys to fix the car in anyway and i should just be greatful they offered to send me the gas tank and some fuel for the money i had to put in a brand new car i never used...he says if i even want any chance to get it fixed i would have to go directly to the manufactor of the product he wasnt gonna do jack shit for me...

so what i got from it all is this, i'm gonna hafta fix it myself out of my pocket and if i ever go to any store and the product is defected or broken, not to try and return it, its not the stores resposibilty.. how fucked up is that

bring the classic tuck lines back out and rip the guy to shreads on the phone!:+whipping

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Tuckman:

wow .... that story is why I love having my 10x bike and book 5 minutes left to get beer ,,,, 5 minutes right to get groceries

kid44

EOG Dedicated

For ANY fuel powered engine you need to get Seafoam. Do not over do it but it works wonders. I run at least 12 fuel engines in my business in 90 or -20 temps. Never thought something out of a can would be a fix all.

Works on 2 and 4 stroke, diesel, and outboards. Been using it for over 10 years and my stuff always starts and runs fine. I do not promote a product unless it does what they say. This stuff is the shit. A very good stabilizer and moisture evaporator.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

that didnt take long, i crashed it yesterday and snapped one of the back wheels completely off...