HOW TO BY-PASS THE BULLSHIT 72MINUTE CUTOFF FROM MEGAVIDEO

rayray

EOG Dedicated
*(does not work with google chrome)

start the movie and then quickly pause it. let it load to 100%. if using IE, go to "tools" and click on "work offline". if using Firefox, go to "file" and then click on "work offline". then you can go back to the movie and watch it all without it cutting off. obviously, you cant play on the internet while using that browser, but you can pull up another one and rock on beavis. i use google chrome for most everything but it doesnt have a work offline feature so watching megavideo is almost impossible with that browser. (not positive who runs into this cutoff problem since egos movies are embedded but just in case you do...)

everyone who watches movies online should do themselves a favor and go to Divx.com download the free player and shit because the divx player is far and away the best picture out there. it is usually loads movies a bit slower than mega, but the quality of the picture blows everyone away.

picoman

EOG Senior Member
Re: HOW TO BY-PASS THE BULLSHIT 72MINUTE CUTOFF FROM MEGAVIDEO

yeah, i had that problem too. i am addicted to chrome cuz IE is about 10x slower. i just watch the movie in two sittings. you shouldn't be sitting there too long anyways. i just don't have the attention span after i started gambling

Sorry for the snafu guys.....

Will look for a better alternative.

If you watch the movie at Megavideo's site, would you still get the cut off ??

rayray

EOG Dedicated

yeah. ever since they came out with the new player with the better features, it cuts you off after 72 and makes you wait about an hour to watch whatever else. its really not a big deal to start, pause to load and watch it while working offline. i use IE if im gonna watch a movie on megav. , that way i can play on the inet and shit while using chrome. (chrome is so much faster)

oh, here is the official note that shows up on a few sites that tells you the 2 ways to by-pass the time limit...

MegaVideo WorkAround for the Time Limit!
There are 2 ways you can do the workaround. First you start the Megavideo Movie or Movies, pause the player or players, let them buffer 100%. Then you can either in your Browser go to File and Click on Work Offline or push the button on your modem (the standby button). This will allow you to watch MegaVideos all Day Long!

still, if you want the best quality picture (not sure bout the embed though) go dl the divx player.

Rayray (formerly slappy) has offered to help me with this section, and will be posting movies.

You will need to download the divx player to view these movies (just click on a movie and follow the install directions)

Gonna leave my movies up here for a little while longer (a week or so) in case nayone wants to watch them, or finish watching them.... and then I will be moving them to the archives

picoman

EOG Senior Member

there is a better way. watch 72 min on one browser. open a different brower...say chrome instead of IE then finish the movie. just skip ahead to where you left off.

rayray

EOG Dedicated

there is a better way. watch 72 min on one browser. open a different brower...say chrome instead of IE then finish the movie. just skip ahead to where you left off.

hey pico, have you actually tried this yet? man i could have sworn that i tried this right when they started the cut-off and it wouldnt let me do it. i figured the cut-off was put on the ip address or something. i dunno. changing browsers would be a lot easier though fo sho.

picoman

EOG Senior Member

hey pico, have you actually tried this yet? man i could have sworn that i tried this right when they started the cut-off and it wouldnt let me do it. i figured the cut-off was put on the ip address or something. i dunno. changing browsers would be a lot easier though fo sho.

yes, i did this with the movie, Taken. i did what you said. turn IE offline, but it stopped at 72 minutes still.... while IE still offline, i opened up chrome and finsihed the movie.

Taken is a great movie. non stop action...sort of like a video game.

rayray

EOG Dedicated

cool, that seems much easier then. yeah, saw Taken about 5 months ago or so when the dvdrip was leaked. i really liked it too. had a "man on fire" feel to it.

picoman

EOG Senior Member

i love revenge movies...even though the hot chick is your own daughter. every guy loves to rescue some helpless hot chick. i think that should be the theme of the movie section :thumbsup

picoman

EOG Senior Member

i love revenge movies...even though the hot chick is your own daughter. every guy loves to rescue some helpless hot chick. i think that should be the theme of the movie section :thumbsup