WILL BARACK OBAMA BE A GOOD PRESIDENT?

Re: WILL BARACK OBAMA BE A GOOD PRESIDENT?

Obama has 2 very serious problems to deal with

1) Nothing, and I mean NOTHING he does will ever live up to the hype & expectations that people have delusionally developed, and

2) He's inheriting a massive clusterfuck of an economy that is on the brink of disaster-the worst that most, if not all of us have ever seen in our lifetimes.

1) Nothing, and I mean NOTHING he does will ever live up to the hype & expectations that people have delusionally developed, and

2) He's inheriting a massive clusterfuck of an economy that is on the brink of disaster-the worst that most, if not all of us have ever seen in our lifetimes.

What he has going for him, though, is the heart of a nation that was built on just that. While he wasn't the candidate I voted for, I listened to his speech today, and I, too, have hope that he can help our country return to what it was. And while his speaech was only words, delivered by an excelllent speech maker, there was pride in that they were spoken by the first man of color to ever hold this office. As a woman, a minority especially in this particular office, there is hope in this kind of possibility. This country sees that hope as did the world today. One man cannot accomplish what needs done in this country, but a nation full of people who have hope and who have regained some pride can help him get it done.

munson15

I want winners...

He'll play off lowered expectations, he is already alluding to that. Any improvement will be to his credit, and he can blame the mess on Republicans for his entire first term. He is a brilliant politician, and will have the country feeling better about itself, at the least, for a good long 'honeymoon' period. I hope he's as flexible as he seems, I believe he can persuade and cajole Congress into needed action.

the glue

EOG Veteran

Get out of Iraq and go to Afghanistan....Meet the new boss same as old boss....2938u4ji23

ONLY TIME WILL TELL....WHO KNOWS...2 EARLY IN THE GAME..:LMAO

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Look at the alterative:

SARAH PALIN .... enough said?

No, that's not enough said....in fact you haven't said anything yet! I asked you yesterday to identify where BHO blasted the NEO CON bullshit in his speech, because you said, and I quote...

"He blasted the NEO CON bullshit today in his speech"

....I'm still waiting. I even posted the entire transcript of BHO's inaugural address but so far you have run from my question like the little girl that you are. The truth is that BHO's speech yesterday could have been given by any president, liberal or conservative, and if he lives up to his speech, BHO will be making a good start towards a successful presidency.

And you, Doc, have been identified as the loudmouth blowhard that you are!

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Sorry guys, I'm rooting like hell for Obama to be a great president because the last 8 years have been brutal and the country really needs him to be, but a couple of hours into his presidency is probably not enough perspective to say that he will be one of the greatest presidents ever, as I believe I read a while back in this thread.

I'm praying for BHO too but it's not too early to assess BHO on the issue of abortion....his record, like that of his party, is crystal clear....

Life in the Time of Obama
For too many more, it may be far too short.

By Anne Conlon

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>At Mass on the Feast of the Immaculate Conception, while listening to readings that celebrate Mary?s great ?Yes? to a proposition that would certainly upset life as she knew it, I found myself wondering about the millions of women who, since the 1973 Roe v. Wade decision, have said ?No.? Maybe one or two (or three or four) were there at Mass with me, meditating on the unexpected angelic encounter that put human history on a course to salvation. Did any of them regret the answer she had given? Or were they, like so many Catholics who voted for Barack Obama, still unmoved by the Church?s teaching?untouched by the news that the fruit of their womb, too, was blessed?

The advent of the Obama administration brings a familiar darkness back to Washington. As it was with Bill Clinton, it seems that abortion will be the only ground over which our new leader will not negotiate. He promised as much at a Planned Parenthood function last year, and there?s no reason not to take him at his word. Abortion is, in fact, the only issue Obama has a record on. And while the press hasn?t trumpeted it, attention was paid after his careless ?above my pay grade? dismissal of Rick Warren?s question about when ?a baby gets human rights??enough so that no responsible voter could claim ignorance of Obama?s history of abortion extremism.

Why is there such need to extinguish all significance from the abortion act? A need so compelling that Obama would acquiesce in outright infanticide rather than support legislation?proposed in 2003 in the Illinois State Senate, of which he was then a member?to protect the lives of babies who survived bungled abortions? Obama, who gathered a winning coalition under the banner of ?change we can believe in,? said ?No? to this proposition a year after the U.S. Senate unanimously passed virtually identical legislation. Rescinding the Born-Alive Infants Protection Act (along with all other state and federal abortion regulations) is the kind of change Obama believes in.

He signaled as much by naming Ellen Moran, executive director of Emily?s List?a political action committee that raises money only for pro-abortion female candidates?as his communications director. This is more than a sop to women?s organizations whose support Democrats take for granted. This is a statement about who Obama is: an abortion stalwart. And what his administration will be: abortocratic. As of this writing, no pro-lifers have been named to his cabinet. (Choosing Rick Warren to give the inaugural invocation doesn?t count for much. It?s simply part of Obama?s ?I?m going to make you love me? strategy to get even more so-called pro-lifers to vote for him next time around.)

We shouldn?t be surprised. At current rates, one in three American women will have had an abortion by age 45. We can assume that while many may regret the decision?not just among the women themselves, but amongfathers, grandparents, and others who were party to it?many more do not. Eight years of George W. Bush?s unabashed pro-life advocacy?once upon a time, he was even called the nation?s second Catholic president?has been an ordeal for those who believe abortion is a right to be celebrated, not a wrong to be scorned. They expect a massive correction in abortion policy, and rhetoric, now that Democrats are in control.

For all we know, however, Barack Obama?s unabashed pro-abortion advocacy may be motivated by more than political expedience. Perhaps he has been personally touched by the experience. He has, after all, said he wouldn?t want his daughters to be ?punished? with an unwanted baby. Is that how he, or his wife, or his best friend, or someone else close to him now or in the past felt about some pregnancy or other?punished? Can abortion really make that feeling go away? Or does it, in the end, exacerbate it?

Some of the most powerful testimony about the personal anguish abortion can cause has come from people who support abortion rights. One especially memorable account appears in the late Magda Denes?s In Necessity and Sorrow: Life and Death in an Abortion Hospital. Denes, a clinical psychoanalyst (and one of the originators of Gestalt therapy), arranged to spend time observing procedures at the same hospital where she had had an abortion several years before. Her book came out in 1976.

In one chapter, after recording the discomfort she had felt while watching an abortion, Denes describes visiting the room where the remains of aborted fetuses are stored. At first, she recalls the unexpected pleasure of putting on surgical gloves and discovering that her ?hands feel completely protected without any noticeable loss of agility.? But pleasure quickly fades as she proceeds to inspect a ?garbage-can-filled graveyard,? using forceps to lift dead little human beings out of ?paper buckets?the type in which one buys fried chicken from take-out stores.?

Here she is at journey?s end: ?Finally, I lift a very large fetus whose position is such that, rather than its stiff face, I first see its swollen testicles and abnormally large stiff penis. I look at the label. Mother?s name: Catherine Atkins; doctor?s name: Saul Marcus; sex of item: male; time of gestation: twenty-four weeks. I remember Catherine. She is seventeen, a very pretty blond girl. Not very bright. This is Master Atkins?to be burned tomorrow?who died like a hero to save his mother?s life. Might he have become someday the only one to truly love her? The only one to mourn her death? ?Nurse, nurse,? I shout, taking off my fancy gloves. ?Cover them up.? ?

Magda Denes had the intellectual decency to call abortion ?murder?of a very special and necessary sort.? We don?t hear talk of murder these days; even most pro-lifers eschew that hard word. Now the word ?killing? also is being excised from the abortion lexicon, as proponents, including Barack Obama, propagandize the public with arguments that we cannot know for sure when life begins. Covering up the babies isn?t enough. Language has to be covered up, too. And common sense. But the price of this covering up is delusion. And as we have begun to see, a nation that can delude itself about killing, about murder, can delude itself about anything?the threat of terrorism, the stability of financial markets, the suitability of the president-elect.

? Anne Conlon is managing editor of The Human Life Review.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

cincy_

EOG Veteran

This guy has no life and no shame.

He gets bitch slapped and comes back as if nothing happened.

You been punk'd. It's called a KO.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by pioneer
You're such a fool.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Matthew 5:22:
"But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, ?Raca!? shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, ?You fool!? shall be in danger of hell fire."

Ahhh, duh sportsgirl....let me point out here that she readily claims to belong to no Christian denomination, just duh sportsgirl and her Bible, which she can interpret any which way she likes. She's the CEO, the papal equivalent of her own church...she likes it that way because she can't stand to be corrected. So let's take this passage, which is attributed to Jesus, whom we all know lived back in the first century AD. So according to the interpretation of duh sportsgirl, this passage means that in the 2000 years since Christ lived, no one has ever uttered any foolish words and therefore should not be called a fool. But let's go back to the first sentence of the passage duh sportsgirl quoted...
"But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment"
...first of all, I'm not angry at Kosar when I call him a fool, but I do have cause for so doing. Kosar claimed to have responded to my post, but I pointed out to him that he had not responded to what I had asked, but instead he had responded to what he erroneously thought I had said. And that is foolish on his part, ergo, the reason he was called a fool.

And note well, that duh sportsgirl's supposed Biblical put-down is selective; she assigns me to hellfire for using the word "fool", but neglects to mention Kosar who used the slang term for fool, "tool", to address me in the very same post I responded to. But I guess that's allowed in her church, since she's the CEO/Pope.

Also note well the reception of the peanut gallery here, led by the Chief FI's Shrink and cincy, who applaud duh sportsgirl for her blasphemous interpretation of holy scripture where they would have certainly castigated me for Bible-thumping if I had said the same thing.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

This guy has no life and no shame.

He gets bitch slapped and comes back as if nothing happened.

You been punk'd. It's called a KO.

Read on, my cowardly cincy, it's you who has been punked!

Gallup has been conducting the abortion poll and the results for the past 10 years has been flat. Pro-choice has been in the mid- to upper-40%, pro-life has been in the low- to mid-40%, with the rest no opinion. So cutting-and-pasting a one-sided diatribe from the managing editor of The Human Life Review isn't going to change too many minds. In fact BHO is in the slight majority! So if you, Pioneer, equate pro-abortion with the Devil, then I guess half of the American population should be labeled as such.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Gallup has been conducting the abortion poll and the results for the past 10 years has been flat. Pro-choice has been in the mid- to upper-40%, pro-life has been in the low- to mid-40%, with the rest no opinion. So cutting-and-pasting a one-sided diatribe from the managing editor of The Human Life Review isn't going to change too many minds. In fact BHO is in the slight majority! So if you, Pioneer, equate pro-abortion with the Devil, then I guess half of the American population should be labeled as such.

We agree, for a change

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Pioneer calling me a blowhard?

LOL!!

that is like Bush calling someone else a drunk ...

Nice try Mrs Coulter ....

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Go look at the history of Abortion ...

funny as hell seeing the GOP "taking a stance" since:

1) Bush was involved in 2 from his "partying" days

2) Fred Thompson - Abortion Lobbyist

3) "Mitty" Romney - Abortion supporter

4) Rudy Giulani - Abortion Supporter

The GOPers should stick to doing what they do best: like blowing cops in aiport bathroom stalls like Larry Craig

Blackcloud

EOG Dedicated

Well said.

With regard to #1 - He may turn out to be a good President (even I as a republican hope so) but the expectations are too high. As such, he may do a good job but be judged harshly because of these expectations.

With regard to #2 - I don't think there is any question that it may be the worst anyone has ever seen, with all due respect to the Great Depression. Our entire economic system is broken and I don't think our leaders, given recent bailout actions, have the stones to do what is necessary to fix it.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Pioneer calling me a blowhard?

LOL!!

that is like Bush calling someone else a drunk ...

Nice try Mrs Coulter ....

Hey, you said it, now you can't defend it...
"He blasted the NEO CON bullshit today in his speech"
...what a shocker....o, and it's Miss or Ms Coulter, she's not married!

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Go look at the history of Abortion ...

funny as hell seeing the GOP "taking a stance" since:

1) Bush was involved in 2 from his "partying" days

2) Fred Thompson - Abortion Lobbyist

3) "Mitty" Romney - Abortion supporter

4) Rudy Giulani - Abortion Supporter

The GOPers should stick to doing what they do best: like blowing cops in aiport bathroom stalls like Larry Craig

1 out of 4 aint bad for you...(Rudy still is pro-abortion)....the other 3 are pro-life, now....there's room for you and Rudy and BHO to change also

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

I told ya that is what Chris Matthews said

even Buchanon said yesterday pretty much the same thing

Hmmmm ... interesting what one can pick up without having to listen to the
bullshit from the 4th Reich Broadcasting network known as FOX NEWS

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

ALL FOUR BACK ABORTION ...

Sorry ... my name aint TexasFan and I don't subscribe to the Limbaugh Chronicles

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

I told ya that is what Chris Matthews said

even Buchanon said yesterday pretty much the same thing

Hmmmm ... interesting what one can pick up without having to listen to the
bullshit from the 4th Reich Broadcasting network known as FOX NEWS

No, you didn't but that's OK....I should have known you wouldn't have an original thought...as I already said in a previous post, his inaugural address could have been given by any conservative. But I gave you a chance to document where BHO blasted the NEO CON bullshit, and let the record show that you declined!

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Read his speech

Obvious as hell who it was aimed at and Matthews and Buchanon picked it
up ASAP

The "Party of God" is dead and if Palin is the "hope for the future" the Dems
are in power for a long time

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

WRONG....only Rudy is still pro-abortion
People who favor a person's RIGHT to have an abortion are PRO-CHOICE. Those that do not want to have an abortion may choose to not abort, that is their right in the USA. Nobody is PRO-ABORTION.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Thompson filled out a survey for Project Vote Smart back in 1994, when he was running for Senate. While it's mostly pretty predictable (boo foreign aid, yay low taxes), there are a few parts worth scrutinizing... (see: abortion, education, AIDS)

Here's the part about abortion:

Under abortion: He checked the box for: "Abortions should be legal in all circumstances as long as the procedure is completed within the first trimester of the pregnancy."

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Romney supports abortion in general, and believes in sustaining Roe v. Wade.

• "Romney ran against Senator Edward M. Kennedy in 1994. During a debate, Romney declared: 'I believe that abortion should be safe and legal in this country. I have since the time that my mom took that position when she ran in 1970 as a US Senate candidate. I believe that since Roe v. Wade has been the law for 20 years we should sustain and support it.' "
    (NOTE: Romney has supported abortion since before the 1972 Roe v. Wade ruling!)
    - Boston Globe, 3/2/2006
    Video of Romney vs Kennedy 1994 debate.
  • "When [during their debate] Kennedy called him 'multiple choice,' Romney demanded an extra rebuttal. He revealed that a close relative died of an illegal abortion years ago and said, 'Since that time, my mother and my family have been committed to the belief that we can believe as we want, but we will not force our beliefs on others on that matter, and you will not see my wavering on that.' "
    - Boston Globe, 3/2/2006
  • "On a questionnaire Planned Parenthood gave to the gubernatorial candidates in 2002, Romney answered ''yes" to the question, 'Do you support the substance of the Supreme Court decision in Roe v. Wade?' Romney also professed support for state funding of abortion services for low-income women, [Erin] Rowland [spokeswoman for the Planned Parenthood League of Massachusetts] said."
    - Boston Globe, 3/25/2005
  • "Marie Sturgis, legislative director of Massachusetts Citizens for Life, said she hasn't detected any change in Romney's stance. The group considers Romney to be an abortion-rights supporter, as do national antiabortion groups such as the Family Research Council."
    - Boston Globe, 3/25/2005
Romney campaigned for Governor of Massachusetts as a pro-choice candidate, and was endorsed by a pro-abortion political group

• "Romney, a Republican and the former Winter Olympics chief, was endorsed by the New York-based Republican Pro-Choice Coalition. He mentioned his mother, Lenore Romney, who favored abortion rights when she ran for the U.S. Senate in 1970, even before the 1973 Roe v. Wade case affirmed women's constitutional right to abortions. . . . Lynn Grefe, director of the Republican Pro-Choice Coalition, applauded Romney's 'commitment to family planning and protecting a woman's right to choose' in a letter on Wednesday."
    - Associated Press / New Bedford Standard-Times 10/3/2002
  • "Gubernatorial candidates Shannon O'Brien and Mitt Romney sparred yesterday over who was the strongest abortion rights supporter by touting endorsements from abortion rights groups and challenging each other's records on the issue . . . O'Brien and Romney both say that if elected they'll uphold state and federal laws protecting abortion rights. 'There isn't a dime of difference between Mitt Romney's position on choice and Shannon O'Brien,' said Kerry Healey, Romney's running mate."
    - Associated Press / New Bedford Standard-Times 10/3/2002
  • In 2002, Romney responded to the National Abortion Rights Action League's candidate survey: ''I respect and will protect a woman's right to choose. This choice is a deeply personal one. Women should be free to choose based on their own beliefs, not mine and not the government's. The truth is, no candidate in the governor's race in either party would deny women abortion rights." Notably, Romney refused to answer the candidate questionnaire sent to him by Massachusetts Citizens for Life.
    - Boston Globe, 7/3/2005
  • During the 2002 governor's race, Romney's platform stated, "As Governor, Mitt Romney would protect the current pro-choice status quo in Massachusetts. No law would change. The choice to have an abortion is a deeply personal one. Women should be free to choose based on their own beliefs, not the government's."
    - Romney's 2002 campaign website
Romney is willing to support some embryonic stem cell research

• "Romney has decided to support experimentation on surplus frozen embryos from in-vitro fertilization procedures."
    - National Review Online 2/11/2005
Romney Approves of Abortion Pill and Supports the Legalization of RU-486

• "When he ran for governor in 2002, Romney said he supported expanding access to the emergency contraception pill, a high dose of hormones that women can take to prevent pregnancy up to five days after sex . . . On a questionnaire Planned Parenthood gave to the gubernatorial candidates in 2002, Romney answered 'yes' to the question, 'Do you support efforts to increase access to emergency con-traception?' "
    - Boston Globe 7/7/2005
  • In 2002, the Boston Globe reported Romney's positions from his1994 campaign as follows: "ABORTION: Favored basic Roe v. Wade abortion rights, though would not endorse a specific version of the Freedom of Choice Act, which would codify those court-established rights as federal law . . . Said he would leave the matter of Medicaid funding for abortion to individual states . . . Endorsed legalization of RU-486, the abortion-inducing drug."
    - Boston Globe, 3/19/2002
  • "I don't really understand how it works or when it works but my understanding is it's an effective morning after pill and I think it would be a positive thing to have women have the choice of taking morning-after pills?.I would favor having it available."
    - Boston Herald, 5/19/1994
  • "A new law to make emergency contraception more available in Massachusetts continues to be a political rollercoaster for Governor Mitt Romney. He supported expanded access when campaigning for governor, but vetoed a bill expanding access, earlier this year. The bill then passed over his veto. Earlier this week, the governor sought to exempt Catholic and other private hospitals from having to offer 'morning after pills' to rape victims. Then yesterday, he reversed his position."
    - WBUR Radio, Boston, 12/9/2005

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Thompson filled out a survey for Project Vote Smart back in 1994, when he was running for Senate. While it's mostly pretty predictable (boo foreign aid, yay low taxes), there are a few parts worth scrutinizing... (see: abortion, education, AIDS)

Here's the part about abortion:

Under abortion: He checked the box for: "Abortions should be legal in all circumstances as long as the procedure is completed within the first trimester of the pregnancy."

Hello? Earth to Doc Mercer....this is 2009...WTF cares what Thompson's opinion on abortion was back in 1994? I'd be ASFL delighted if you and especially BHO changed his views on abortion also!!!!

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

The Right would vote for Charles Manson if James Dobson declared that
"Chuckie is REBORN .."

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Ohhhh ... so now Freddie is "part of the club"???

LOL ... FLIP/FLOPPING is now not a big "issue" for the Hannity Fan Club??

Ohhhh .... easy to see why the GOP put up ALMOST as good as fight as Poland on Sept 3 of 39

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Ohhhh ... so now Freddie is "part of the club"???

LOL ... FLIP/FLOPPING is now not a big "issue" for the Hannity Fan Club??

Ohhhh .... easy to see why the GOP put up ALMOST as good as fight as Poland on Sept 3 of 39

No, as I've said repeatedly, I would be delighted if you and especially BHO would Flip-flop on abortion

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

you or no one else should be involved in that decision

that is a decision a woman should make and our govt should stay the hell
out of their lives

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

you or no one else should be involved in that decision

that is a decision a woman should make and our govt should stay the hell
out of their lives

same thing could have been said about slavery(and in fact it was said) 160+ years ago...you're on the wrong side of history here Doc

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

same thing could have been said about slavery(and in fact it was said) 160+ years ago...you're on the wrong side of history here Doc
Whoever said that about slavery and their right to own slaves was wrong. Whoever says that about abortion and their right to have abortions is right. Different subject, same answer. Your analogy is like saying someone who answers 'No' to any question must be wrong if they answer 'Yes' to another question.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Love it ...

"I am on the wrong side of history ,,,"

Looks like Pioneer was on the wrong side yesterday

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

Pioneer does not mind being on the wrong side of anything.................as long as it does not interfere with his getting his two cents in.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Love it ...

"I am on the wrong side of history ,,,"

Looks like Pioneer was on the wrong side yesterday

glad you love it, Doc...I'm on the right side of history...I have always been pro-life, yesterday also as well as today and tomorrow