Aikman Finally Criticizes Romo

TonyMar

EOG Dedicated
'bout time a cowboy did...:cheers

i think if parcells had not left,...romo would have continued to develop into a good qb. who knows what kind of career he has with that mess of a team...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3849113

The sniping that has followed the end of the Dallas Cowboys' disappointing season continues this week.
Tuesday, after a Dallas newspaper report of the team's implosion, former Cowboys quarterback Troy Aikman was critical of current QB Tony Romo on an interview with Michael Irvin on Irvin's radio program.
"I think maybe things happened so quickly for Tony in terms of obscurity to all of a sudden national spotlight that he hasn't fully grasped what being the Cowboys quarterback is all about," Aikman said to Irvin. "And you don't go to Cabo the week before a playoff game. You just don't do it.
"It didn't take away from his preparations. I know that. I mean, everything he says is I think accurate. I don't think that had any bearing.
"But to say, 'I don't worry about perception,' you better worry about perception, because it's a big part of making it through some very difficult times."
Romo famously vacationed in Cabo San Lucas with girlfriend Jessica Simpson during a bye week before last year's NFL playoffs.

TonyMar

EOG Dedicated
Re: Aikman Finally Criticizes Romo

just cannot envision a day... when he is standing on that stage...holding the lombardi trophy.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Try to bring back:

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td colspan="5"> </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td bgcolor="white" width="4">
</td> <td class="contentBlack" bgcolor="white" width="434" height="378">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Wonder who said Romo was overrated at the beginning of the season?
Oh, yeah. That was me. :devil:

tripp

EOG Master

Romo is a top 5 QB in the NFL. Peyton, Brady, Palmer..those are probably the only three I'd put ahead of him to be honest.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

Dallas has a dearth of talent. Does anyone remember how bad they were when Homo was hurt?

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

He might be a top 5 QB in his own division.

Best Wishes...OF :+waving-5

I think if Parcells stayed around he would have either choked him or had a stroke after too many Romo Oh no's!!!

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Yeah but Jessica was heard saying:

"ohhhh Tony ... you are one of the best five fucks I've ever had .."

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

System qb?

LOL ....

Mr System QB will be in the HOF one day ....

Give me a break ... Romo's ass is on the bench if Drew becomes a qb

mofome

Banned

Romo is top 5 without any question in my mind. hes just a flake.

mofome

Banned

Oh, yeah. That was me.

Didnt you say he is not overrated hes just not an mvp of his team? idk, all i remember is someone saying that Matt Ryans career would be ruined if he started this season.

:cocktail

tripp

EOG Master

He might be a top 5 QB in his own division.

I think if Parcells stayed around he would have either choked him or had a stroke after too many Romo Oh no's!!!

nobody is his division is even CLOSE to him. Jason Campbell? Simply manages the game. Eli Manning? The single reason the Giants are not in the Super Bowl. Average QB at best. Donovan McNabb? Don't even get me started on him, he's not even a top 15 QB.

None of them are even close to Romo. One of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.

tripp

EOG Master

System qb?

LOL ....

Mr System QB will be in the HOF one day ....

Give me a break ... Romo's ass is on the bench if Drew becomes a qb

HOF? No way. I won't even say Romo is a HOF QB. The HOF should be for the best, not for just above average players that put up nice stats a few years. Brees really has no shot unless he has a ridiculous few years to end his career and wins a few titles. Only HOF talent QB's I currently see in the league are Peyton, Brady (both top 5 all time), Warner (I actually don't really think he should, but he will) and I think Carson Palmer has a shot if he can stay healthy. He should win an MVP or two if he can get decent players around him.

Heatwave

EOG Enthusiast

Oh, yeah. That was me. :devil:

Overrated compared to what? The unrealistic expectations of 100 TD's, no interceptions, Super Bowl Championship, being all around good guy and balancing the federal budget that ESPN and the media has bestowed on him?

Did he have a disappointing season? Yes. Did the Cowboys underachieve - YES, massively. But was it all Romo's fault? No....the defensive and special teams breakdowns, as well as the not as great offensive line and WR play, coupled with some untimely injuries to key players led to that season.

My opinion on how to fix Romo and the Cowboys - note that the great QB's spread the ball around to different receivers - and the QB doesn't care who they are...if your open I throw it to you. Big Ben, Warner, McNabb, Brees, and Aikman in his heyday are all perfect examples. Romo fixes on Owens whether open or not, and if not open, checks down to Witten usually....Owens came along at a bad time for Romo, because Romo doesn't want the Owens tongue-lashing that he knows will come if he doesn't feed him the ball....get rid of Owens....take the cap hit and move forward. Let Miles Austin, Crayton, Hurd, Roy Williams take over.

HW

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Give me a break ...

Brees is a stud ... "system" qb??

Like Purdue's system?

Like SD's system?

Like NO's system?

Load up that bong and pass it over here as the shit you smoke is potent

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

The HOF is a fuckin joke

Aikman is in there and so is Namath

Stats dont mean shit as those had avg numbers and Namath's is funny as
hell

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

If Romo was not on America's team you would barely hear about him. I think he has some serious issues, including lack of leadership. I think Troy was getting at that as well. I also think Parcells bailed on that entire fiasco knowing Romo would not be the guy, not then, not now, maybe never. He has had a lot of press clippings so far, mostly negative. If that changes I'll be the first one to say I was wrong about the guy.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

You can't criticize Romo and here is why.

Jerry Jones has cultivated this culture. He brings in all these talented 'cancers' and hires a puppet as a coach, what do you expect?

Jones is not serious about winning football games as the first and most important priority. He would LIKE to win, but he is not willing to do WHATEVER it takes to get that done. He hires incompetent 'yes men' as his coaches. He brings in selfish players who aren't team oriented. He just wants publicity and soap opera and he's definitely got that.

Winning is secondary in Dallas at this point in time. Until a real football coach is brought into this fold and until Jones stops being a more sane version of Al Davis, this team isn't going to win....they're always going to get outcoached and they're always going to get out 'team concepted'.

soli

EOG Dedicated

If TO leaves Homo will be exposed even more....I don't like TO but half the TD's TO gets is from the Run after the catch.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

If Romo was not on America's team you would barely hear about him. I think he has some serious issues, including lack of leadership. I think Troy was getting at that as well. I also think Parcells bailed on that entire fiasco knowing Romo would not be the guy, not then, not now, maybe never. He has had a lot of press clippings so far, mostly negative. If that changes I'll be the first one to say I was wrong about the guy.

Speaking of serious issues. :doh1 And no that is not why Bill left. Get a clue.

TonyMar

EOG Dedicated

i do not view romo as an 'elite' nfl qb...

he simply does not care about winning, like all of the great one's do...which is reflected by his repetitive... "it's just a game" comments after losses in big games...

and his performance in those 'big' games is evidence enough...to not include him in any top 5 list.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

I must admit #1 interferring, meddling owner Jerry has laid the foundation for this mess. First he gets can't coach a lick or control this team son of Bum Phillips. Then he finds every available cancer out there, including the worst ever Pacman, and expects to magically transform them to team players who don't get in trouble. He has a contract waiting for Vick upon his release from Leavenworth. So seeing Romo would rather make headlines in Cabo with bimbo rather than be a team guy is really no surprise. What happened to the preseason favorites to win it all anyway?

Heatwave

EOG Enthusiast

Compared to other QBs in the league. He's not Top 5 - and let him get a wiff of the playoffs and he's not even top 10.
12io4j2w90

He may be top 5 in some eyes, not top 5 in others....I love these arguments between a bunch of internet armchair QB talent evaluators over who is better than who. Who cares where he stands in reference to other QB's in the league? How can a QB be over-rated compared to others - he is either better or worse. Bottom line, he is 0-2 in the playoffs in 3 years starting. Not great, but he has some years left. He is no Aikman, granted, but he does have the ability to lead the Cowboys to the Super Bowl, but in order to get to the Super Bowl, the stars have to be aligned the right way - so far, in Dallas, they have not been.

I still think your opinion of Romo is too much based on the Steeler game, which is probably the only one you saw. Maybe not, but the guy had a pretty good season. The problem, again, is the ESPN hype machine anointing him as the next Brett Favre. He may never be nearly as good, but every failure he has is replayed over and over and over again.

Romo not the reason Parcells left. Romo was Parcells' guy....even after Jerry went out and got Drew Henson, the supposed god of all QB's - Parcells kept Romo over him. Parcells left because of Jones' quick trigger signings - like Owens. My belief is that Parcells didn't want a guy like Owens, but he was forcefed to him.

Until a football guy runs the Cowboys, the stars may never be aligned for a Super Bowl run. Teams win Super Bowls, not groups of players thrown together.

HW

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Strange that when the man himself, was interviewed by the Sun Sentinel, he blamed Romo for making him quit coaching, and leaving Dallas, directly. In fact, it was a direct quote. I guess he was lying during that interview. That Parcells, what a liar.

Best Wishes...OF

one of my good friends who is a die hard boys fan said last year that romo is awful and the cowboys will never win anything w/ him under center...he also drafted matt ryan in the 3rd or 4th round this year!

kyhawk

EOG Addicted

Nothing better than Cowboys sucking.
Almost as good as Yankees sucking.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

royal fan = stalker

Wrong, who came into my thread after another layoff meltdown? Short memory but if you want to embarrass yourself defending him feel free. And speaking of stalkers, you seem to show up wherever I am. At least Frog has some wit once in a while. Have warned you before, you may not like looking like an idiot also. You might take notice.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Wrong, who came into my thread after another layoff meltdown. Short memory but if you want to embarrass yourself defending him feel free. Have warned you before, you may not like looking like an idiot also. You might take notice.

Pretty much every long term poster on this board and across the street has come to the same conclusion. Is this going to be another dumb and dumber post thread by you? Being a lesser talent does not mean you have to lash out at everyone on all of the forums. Ask Phil Ivey and Phil Helmuth for some forum tips.

Best Wishes...OF :LMAO

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Pretty much every long term poster on this board and across the street has come to the same conclusion. Is this going to be another dumb and dumber post thread by you? Being a lesser talent does not mean you have to lash out at everyone on all of the forums. Ask Phil Ivey and Phil Helmuth for some forum tips.

Best Wishes...OF :LMAO

Speaking of dumb and dumber. Dumb is not being able to win or work anymore, dumber is playing on credit when you cannot win. How is the payoff plan coming. Wife raise your allowance? :LMAO:LMAO

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Speaking of dumb and dumber. Dumb is not being able to win or work anymore, dumber is playing on credit when you cannot win. How is the payoff plan coming. Wife raise your allowance? :LMAO:LMAO

There is a big difference from you and I royalstalker. You need to make up shit, I just use what you post. But then when you have lost all respect from every good poster out there I guess you resort to desperate measures. Please don't cobra/camel clutch me, I'm scared.

Best Wishes...oF :+waving-5