2 for Sunday

Goin with the same system of elimination as yesturday. Ended up with about 9 possibilities and whittled it down to these two. Not real happy that I didnt get any cheap home teams. Miami and Montana came close but fell to my very discriminating reasons for disqualification.

843-Pitt +1 @ W.Va

I guess this may be considered a square play. I like to think that its OK to be square as long as its a winner. Pittsburgh was beaten in the conference tourney last year by W.Va, so there may be a bit of revenge the coaches can use as added motivation, if not the breif visit to number one in the polls, only to fall to Louisville and see that headline become yesturdays news before the weeks papers went out with the recycling pickup. I think they woke up pretty good with Syracuse and doubt they will look past this road test. They are flat out better than W.Va. Both play good defense but Pitt will have more firepower at thier disposal and will clean up the glass. W.Va. will not get the softness and inexperience it was given at GTown. Pitts physicality and willingness to drive and bang will leave them wondering what hit them the next day.
Another thing to consider is that W.Va is coming home off a huge emotional type road win with only two days to prepare while Pitt has had four. Thats a big edge and a letdown situation for W.Va.

847-N.Iowa +1 @ Missouri State

This game is very similar to my Pitt selection. A better team that can defend, is experienced and has proven itself capable of beating very good teams on the road and in this conference road wins are no joke even against mediocre to bad teams. N.Iowa is on a great stretch right now. Finally got a chance to see it firsthand when they played on ESPNU last saturday morning @ Drake. It was a beautiful sight to behold. They were flawless and displayed a version of basketball I dont get to see very often. I know teams can go cold overnight but I wouldnt get in front of one that is on a hot streak and plays the way I saw them play last week. Bottom line is, if they win....I win. And unless they throw up all over themselves they should win. Tough to imagine a team in the Mo.Valley winning five road games in conference play in succession, but so far they have taken down Drake, Evansville, Creighton, and S.Ill. on the road. The Creighton win was close but the others were pretty much domination and I think these teams are better than Mo.St.
Ill be anxiously awaiting some input from Pool on this game. This is his backyard.

Had a great Saturday and think I may have made some changes that will lower the chances that I get caught making lower percentage type plays that have been hurting me lately. Hopefully things will continue to be on the uptick. Good luck all.

approveme

EOG Addicted
Re: 2 for Sunday

gl bud.. I think I am going to get some sleep then check things out in the am.

Keep it rollin!

I forgot to mention that Mo.St. was beaten earlier this year by fourteen points at NI so theres a revenge factor involved for Mo.St. I think NI will prevail anyhow, but felt it should be included as relevant. It was a pretty lopsided game statistically. Im surprised by the stats that they didnt win by about 30: 71% shtg to 40%. Looks like NI really let up in the second half. They had a fourteen point lead going into halftime.

joecrackthedon

EOG Enthusiast

Good luck, Natty. Thanks for the thoughts on Northern Iowa. May tail you for a bit! Also, you should feel even better about your Pitt play, as I am on the other side and have yet to win a Big East game all year! :doh1

Big East is tough for me too. Ive won a couple though. Got crushed going against W.Va last time at GTown. Hope Im not beating a dead horse. I believe now, that WV is a better team than I gave them credit for. Just hope thier not better than Pitt. Ive struggled for most of this season but I think things are starting to clear up for me.

joecrackthedon

EOG Enthusiast

It's a marathon... my most-successful gambling buddy barely makes any plays during the first half of any season (especially NBA). He simply gathers information, and then KILLS IT in the 2nd half of the year. I like to play all year long, but sometimes that gets very costly! Here's to a good 2nd half of the college basketball season! :cheers

GoonBets@Noon

EOG Veteran

You know I like Pitt... and I like the N. Iowa play after reading the write-up. Might follow. Good luck Natty! :cheers

showtime

EOG Member

Good Luck. Not sure how to read WVU these days, but as long as Blair stay out of foul trouble shold be a Pitt win.

Bending my rules a bit but I think theres some logic in this. Hope I dont regret it.

2 tm ML parlay:

846 - Miami -320 vs Va.Tech
856 - Montana -230 vs N.Col

These two teams almost made it through to become regular plays. Just couldnt get past the pointspead value aspect. They are the better teams playing at home against teams that are (although dangerous) are not real good relatively speaking. Each game has an angle or two in thier favor and a few good cappers on this forum have thought them good enough to lay the points so I will rationalize that they both should win outright.

This pays just a hair under one unit. Not gonna do the math but its just a few bucks less.

Adding:

841 - Mich.St. -2 @ Ohio St. (bought 1/2 pt.)

Almost didnt play this because it was 3. That would be against the rules. Saw a 2 1/2 and bought the hook so all is good. Pretty much same thing here. MSU a better and more experienced team that has faced a tough sched. so far and looking to bounce back. Practically asking them to just win has a very high chance of happening in my opinion.
Sorry so late just got back in.

Sunday action recap:

Pitt +1

N.Iowa +1

Mich.St. -2

2 tm ML parlay:
Miami -320
Montana -230

That should do it for Sunday. Good luck.

Damn parlays, I shouldve known. Wouldnt have covered with Mia even if they pulled it out but 1-1 is better than 0-1. Thats why I hate to parlay. At least this will cure me of that kind of stupidity for a while.

benny0420

EOG Dedicated

Nice day Natty! :cheers I cashed on Pitt and Mich State as well... wish I would've joined you on N. Iowa.

It was up. I was late. Punched the shit in then got the red flag.

Too Late

Between N. Iowa and Boston Celtics Over I missed about 3 dollars. Today.2348ji23e

3-1 today and 10-3 for the weekend :+excited-

Hope everyone is doing good. Thanks for the positive support I think I can enjoy this til I wake up tomorrow. Still got a lot of making up to do.