Would anyone here be opposed to their records being tracked for every play they post on this NCAAB page

mofome

Banned
If we could have someone track everyone here in one thread, would you like that? Keep everyones numbers together. This tracker would start everyone at 0-0 but you can obviously also keep your overall records in your threads. It was a suggestion and I wanted to see if anyone would be against it.

benny0420

EOG Dedicated
Re: Would anyone here be opposed to their records being tracked for every play they post on this NCAAB page

One of my goals since Christmas was to start tracking my plays and today I posted every single one of them and will tomorrow too. It took me a month to get on board and crazy you metion that today. :+cluelessSome of the guys here are great at tracking. I suck at it. I need to you need to everybody needs to. We want to win and if you cant expose your plays how are you going to get advise?

mofome

Banned
Re: Would anyone here be opposed to their records being tracked for every play they post on this NCAAB page

The more people posting plays and write ups the better for this site. We aren't as old as a lot of sites and i want to work hard to get us building slowly but surely. I'll do anything I can. I just want the ideas and feedback from you and I will do whatever I can for you guys.

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

Would be a ton of work to do since it would require going through every thread that was posted in on that certain day. I would also assume some wouldn't want to be tracked for whatever reasons or they would put their plays in the tracker forum...that or maybe some don't want the hassle of posting plays in 2 places every day.

mofome

Banned

Yeah if someone doesnt want in they could let us know. Would make it nice to have all the records in one place and save some guys the time of tracking themselves.

bjluenberger

EOG Senior Member

are we gonna do this mo??? sounds interesting

Blondie

EOG Master

I thought that is what we had the tracking forum for?

Unassail08

EOG Veteran

Lets do this.

PassTheRock

EOG Master

I like it.

But like blondie said, isn't that what the tracking forum is for?

Rags11

EOG Member

Sounds like a good idea to me.

alkoholiks

EOG Veteran

If we could have someone track everyone here in one thread, would you like that? Keep everyones numbers together. This tracker would start everyone at 0-0 but you can obviously also keep your overall records in your threads. It was a suggestion and I wanted to see if anyone would be against it.

i personally think it defeats the purpose of sub-forums if you do this. why would anyone even bother checking anywhere else but the main forum?

edit - nevermind misread. i thought you meant starting a thread in the main forum with everyones record.

Track away..... my record sucks this year. Fresh start sounds cool. Cant keep track of my own anyway and dont really want to take the time to research it.

mofome

Banned

are we gonna do this mo??? sounds interesting

Going to get some more feedback and then see who we can get to grade the plays for this forum.

mofome

Banned

I thought that is what we had the tracking forum for?

Not everyone posts there. Not everyone looks there. Everyone who has chimed in seems interested so far.

I like it...I am guessing the tracking forum would just go away?

mofome

Banned

No we don't want to take away from the tracking forum. people who post in each continue to do so. This will start from a different point and will likely include prizes of some kind once I figure it all out.

Blondie

EOG Master

Not everyone posts there. Not everyone looks there. Everyone who has chimed in seems interested so far.

I was just asking. :thumbsup

No sir :houra

babaoriley

EOG Addicted

:cheers Let's do it, mo.

Blondie

EOG Master

No we don't want to take away from the tracking forum. people who post in each continue to do so. This will start from a different point and will likely include prizes of some kind once I figure it all out.

Missed this before Mo :doh1

This sounds like a great idea but also like a huge undertaking.

It would be an interesting way to reward those that are doing well and sharing with us.

I think it would need some ironing out but is very feasible.

For instance, would it just track those that use a thread for their plays or would it track people that post their plays in another person's thread.

Key-Touch

EOG Veteran

of course i agree ha :thumbsup

chazzy

EOG Dedicated

great idea

munson15

I want winners...

I've liked this idea for a long time, and I have a suggestion. Someone would need to go into each pick thread and monitor the poster's results. Picks that were listed under another person's thread would not count. No units, just a W-L record vs. the closing line, whatever it happens to be. The biggest problem with this is using lines that are stale based on when the poster mentions the game. The only fair solution, IMO, is to use the closing number from a reputable source. Once someone got the hang of it, it wouldn't be that difficult to come in the next morning and update the records. Hell, if I didn't have a fulltime job, I'd do it just out of curiosity.

I really like Munsons suggestions. They pretty much cover all the sticking points.

DannyMay

EOG Enthusiast

would like it

mofome

Banned

Missed this before Mo :doh1

This sounds like a great idea but also like a huge undertaking.

It would be an interesting way to reward those that are doing well and sharing with us.

I think it would need some ironing out but is very feasible.

For instance, would it just track those that use a thread for their plays or would it track people that post their plays in another person's thread.

It would only track people who post their plays in their own thread. We could have weekly/monthly prizes. I want it to be creative and something that gives our guys/gals the chance to win a little something and see who is hot.

Even things like updating it by week, by last 10 picks, by last 20 picks. Things like that.

ie: Blondie is 21-17 overall ATS. Blondie is 9-1 over her last 10. Blondie is 13-7 over her last 20. Breaking down who is hot and things like that.

mofome

Banned

We could break it down even further:

tripp:
3-1 on road favs.
4-0 on overs
2-3 on road dogs
6-6 on unders

could be a very useful tool and a lot of fun for the guys.

Blondie

EOG Master

I like a lot

Why do I get the feeling this is going to be one of the list of Mo's greatest ideas that you come up with and I implement :LMAO

mofome

Banned

two peolpe have voiced any opinion vs it and they are mods. Makes me wonder why my co-workers hate mo.

:+crying-5

mofome

Banned

I like a lot

Why do I get the feeling this is going to be one of the list of Mo's greatest ideas that you come up with and I implement :LMAO

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

:cocktail

Blondie

EOG Master

two peolpe have voiced any opinion vs it and they are mods. Makes me wonder why my co-workers hate mo.

:+crying-5

:+clueless

I sure didn't.

I had questions, but that it what I do.

Good grief stop the sniveling. :doh1

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

mo,

you know im ALL FOR THIS!

Hell, why stop at CBB!

bases is coming up!

Blondie

EOG Master

mo,

you know im ALL FOR THIS!

Hell, why stop at CBB!

bases is coming up!

DO NOT rile him up dang it.

One forum at a time Madcapper

one forum at a time.....

Good grief 2348ji23e

:+textinb3