ESPN is a silly joke -- Zags vs. St. Marys

I was watching the Halftime show of ALA ARK and Fran Frachilla was making the bold prediction that the Zags were going to win the game tonight. The other cheesedick was like, "WOW, really??" ... So Im thinking going by the reaction that the books might have this relatively close and Im wanting to call in a bomb on the Zags. I get online and check the fucking line and its -9 1/2 Zags.... :hangt

Fucking ESPN bitches.. acting like that was a suprise pick and the zags are a TD and an FG favorite... :LMAO.. Im not playing the line at :LMAOnear 10, but I was excited for a second thinking it might be close. Fucking dicks, idiots.

BTW the Zags outta mop the floor with them. Pargo and plenty of other great athletes to stay with the overhyped Mills and Samhan is a fucking bum.

My call: Zags by 15.

PO69

EOG Master
Re: ESPN is a silly joke -- Zags vs. St. Marys

I bet on St Marys, so someone had to go against you.

St Marys has only lost 1 game all year and +10 is alot

Not against me. I didnt play it. I wouldnt have played it once the Zags went past -6.. I still think they roll, but not for my money.. Especially my credit :LMAO

Good luck beating them :thumbsup

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Gonzaga shouldn't wipe the floor with them, that's for sure. This is a very even match up and I'm shocked to see the line where it is. Some experts may argue that St. Mary's is a better team. I don't agree with that, but it's close.

Gonzaga shouldn't wipe the floor with them, that's for sure. This is a very even match up and I'm shocked to see the line where it is. Some experts may argue that St. Mary's is a better team. I don't agree with that, but it's close.

I couldnt disagree any more, but whats new there?

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

Gonzaga is a Great 8 and possible Final Four team. St. Mary's is not and they're on the road.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

I couldnt disagree any more, but whats new there?

Explain to me how Gonzaga should wipe the floor with them? Have you watched St. Mary's play this year? They are extremely talented, experienced and disciplined. They have two studs, and a lot of good role players. Just not sure how you've drawn the conclusion that you've come to.

rayray

EOG Dedicated

lost on the road to a shitty utep team. hard to bet on a team who hasnt played anyone in the top 40 or 50. gl on this one but i would stay away. not enough info

Don't ever, ever, lend any credence whatsoever to what the talking heads of ESPN say about the final outcome of a game. Their business is ratings--nothing more. So when Kirk and the Coach say a game will be "closer than the experts think," they are merely parroting what their handlers want them to say. . .

For some reason, they think people won't tune in to a game which is predicted to be a blowout. . .

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

Explain to me how Gonzaga should wipe the floor with them? Have you watched St. Mary's play this year? They are extremely talented, experienced and disciplined. They have two studs, and a lot of good role players. Just not sure how you've drawn the conclusion that you've come to.

Because St. Mary's has played a bunch of ass teams and Gonzaga has played some very good non-conference opponents and they are a very good team at home and always have been.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Because St. Mary's has played a bunch of ass teams and Gonzaga has played some very good non-conference opponents and they are a very good team at home and always have been.

Really? So Gonzaga losing to Portland State isn't as bad as the UTEP loss? Or how about their 10 point loss to a mediocre Utah team?

Gonzaga is a public team. Could they win this game by 10 or more? Sure, anything can happen but if they played this game 100 times they wouldn't cover a 9.5 more than 40 times. St. Mary's is for real.

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

Really? So Gonzaga losing to Portland State isn't as bad as the UTEP loss? Or how about their 10 point loss to a mediocre Utah team?

Gonzaga is a public team. Could they win this game by 10 or more? Sure, anything can happen but if they played this game 100 times they wouldn't cover a 9.5 more than 40 times. St. Mary's is for real.

I'm telling you right now it happens every year. Some team besides Gonzaga actually wins some games and all the sudden they think they can challenge the Bulldogs until they arrive and play them on the road. It's one of the toughest places to play in college basketball and this is the most talented Gonzaga team I've ever seen and I'm from Washington.

You mention their losses but how about their wins? And, they should've beaten UCONN easy. This is a potential Final Four team we're talking about here.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

I'm telling you right now it happens every year. Some team besides Gonzaga actually wins some games and all the sudden they think they can challenge the Bulldogs until they arrive and play them on the road. It's one of the toughest places to play in college basketball and this is the most talented Gonzaga team I've ever seen and I'm from Washington.

You mention their losses but how about their wins? And, they should've beaten UCONN easy. This is a potential Final Four team we're talking about here.

I'll bet you they don't get to the Sweet 16 if you want. Gonzaga is very talented, but there's no way this is their most talented team. They should have beat UConn, but they didn't. They have been playing well, but not great, as of late. They're a very good team, and no this doesn't happen every year. There isn't a team every year that has a Patty Mills, and this St. Mary's team is for real. I know you don't really believe it, but they are very good. They can shoot the ball and they play well as a team. This team is much better than some think. Hell, Trippp (who has a great NCAA mind) thinks they're a top 10 team. I don't think they're that good but they are a top 25 team.

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

I'll bet you they don't get to the Sweet 16 if you want. Gonzaga is very talented, but there's no way this is their most talented team. They should have beat UConn, but they didn't. They have been playing well, but not great, as of late. They're a very good team, and no this doesn't happen every year. There isn't a team every year that has a Patty Mills, and this St. Mary's team is for real. I know you don't really believe it, but they are very good. They can shoot the ball and they play well as a team. This team is much better than some think. Hell, Trippp (who has a great NCAA mind) thinks they're a top 10 team. I don't think they're that good but they are a top 25 team.

We'll agree to disagree but this is their most talented team and you can take it from a guy that grew up 2 hours from their campus and was watching them when the rest of the country had never heard of them.

That said, St. Mary's is looking great right now.

I have no need to get into a debate with you again.. I made the statement the Zags should roll. I didnt play the game at -9 1/2 because I thought it was too much.

Why is it I need to validate everytime I make a selection on here (which I rarely do)?.. If you revert back to the original post, you can see where I wrote what I wrote. I didnt play the game.

St. Mary's up 6 now, so its looking like I may be wrong. But it wont matter to you if Gonzaga wins by 40 from this point, somehow you will be right and St. Mary's would've be the "right side" regardless... :hangt

Again, didnt bet the game. And to answer the question directly, (which you also never do) I dont think St. Mary's have half the team that Gonzaga has, I think Samhan sucks. Also, I have watched St. Marys play 1 game this year, but more than 6 games last year. Its the same guys, just 1 year older. The Zags are playing so far below their athletic potential IMO right now.

Again, didnt bet the game. The line was too high.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

I have no need to get into a debate with you again.. I made the statement the Zags should roll. I didnt play the game at -9 1/2 because I thought it was too much.

Why is it I need to validate everytime I make a selection on here (which I rarely do)?.. If you revert back to the original post, you can see where I wrote what I wrote. I didnt play the game.

St. Mary's up 6 now, so its looking like I may be wrong. But it wont matter to you if Gonzaga wins by 40 from this point, somehow you will be right and St. Mary's would've be the "right side" regardless... :hangt

Again, didnt bet the game. And to answer the question directly, (which you also never do) I dont think St. Mary's have half the team that Gonzaga has, I think Samhan sucks. Also, I have watched St. Marys play 1 game this year, but more than 6 games last year. Its the same guys, just 1 year older. The Zags are playing so far below their athletic potential IMO right now.

Again, didnt bet the game. The line was too high.

I just don't agree with you, sorry. Not trying to offend you at all. How can Patty Mills be "overhyped"? Gonzaga will always be way more hyped than St. Mary's or any of their players. St. Mary's is a very good team. I agree with you on a lot of things, but some times we have very different opinions. I am very opinionated in baseball and NCAAB. I live and breath those two sports. I love them.

I agreed with you that Kentucky should be a top 25 team, but not a top 15 team. Their loss yesterday was one of the main reasons why you can't call them a top 15 team. They are much better than most, including myself, thought they would be at the beginning of the year. Hope all is well, and my apologies; I thought you said you bet the game.

One thing Mary's does have is experience. So that kind of spread is unrealistic against a team with a good point, and some tough experienced guys. Plus, its basically for the Conference tonight. St. Mary's prolly was the "right side", but I would taken the Zags at -5 all day...

Looks like I may have lost as well

I just don't agree with you, sorry. Not trying to offend you at all. How can Patty Mills be "overhyped"? Gonzaga will always be way more hyped than St. Mary's or any of their players. St. Mary's is a very good team. I agree with you on a lot of things, but some times we have very different opinions. I am very opinionated in baseball and NCAAB. I live and breath those two sports. I love them.

I agreed with you that Kentucky should be a top 25 team, but not a top 15 team. Their loss yesterday was one of the main reasons why you can't call them a top 15 team. They are much better than most, including myself, thought they would be at the beginning of the year. Hope all is well, and my apologies; I thought you said you bet the game.

Try reading the posts a little closer.

Everyone loses games. I still see KY as one of the best 15 teams in the country.. Name any team right now in spots (8-15) that will go the remainder of the season undefeated. All Tuesday showed is UK can still lose a game, and the more physical you are with them, the better chance you have to win.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Try reading the posts a little closer.

Everyone loses games. I still see KY as one of the best 15 teams in the country.. Name any team right now in spots (8-15) that will go the remainder of the season undefeated. All Tuesday showed is UK can still lose a game, and the more physical you are with them, the better chance you have to win.

They lost to a bad team. That shouldn't happen, but they're still a little young. I think they'll be a top 15 team by years end. For some reason, I just get that feeling they'll be there. I think the loss may help them, but we'll see. I'd love to see another Kentucky vs. Marquette match up in the tournament. I think you'd have the edge this time, because Wade isn't wearing their jersey anymore haha.

I do like UK a lot more than I did when you made that post though.

PS. I'm pretty stoned so reading posts thoroughly is tough. It took me 2 more tries, after you told me you said it, to actually find where you said it. HAHA

TonyMar

EOG Dedicated

large play for me...

gonzaga -8.5 2nd half...

go zags!!!

FeelTheTruth

EOG Addicted

Patty Mills status for he 2nd half is a mystery... even if he plays can he be effective with a taped shooting hand

TonyMar

EOG Dedicated

Patty Mills status for he 2nd half is a mystery... even if he plays can he be effective with a taped shooting hand

yep...

either way...i am bettin' that he cannot...

and that the zags start knocking down some three's.

They lost to a bad team. That shouldn't happen, but they're still a little young. I think they'll be a top 15 team by years end. For some reason, I just get that feeling they'll be there. I think the loss may help them, but we'll see. I'd love to see another Kentucky vs. Marquette match up in the tournament. I think you'd have the edge this time, because Wade isn't wearing their jersey anymore haha.

I do like UK a lot more than I did when you made that post though.

PS. I'm pretty stoned so reading posts thoroughly is tough. It took me 2 more tries, after you told me you said it, to actually find where you said it. HAHA

the stone is supposed to improve Z focus, sir :smoking2:

The Zags have so much talent. I will tell you where their season goes. It goes wherever Josh Heytfeldt wants it to. If he decides for a few weeks that he wants to be a tough bull, they can win the whole damn thing. This is definitely a top 5-10 team in the country as far as talent goes.

TonyMar

EOG Dedicated

gael's showing some major fight here in the 1st 5 mins...

still have the lead...2348ji23e

TonyMar

EOG Dedicated

what a move by daye...reminded me of mchale....

zags for the lead here...

got it...

:+excited-

TonyMar

EOG Dedicated

simpson walks...draws the foul...horrible shit there...

wow

TonyMar

EOG Dedicated

sweet slamma by downs...

timeout gaels...

house is a rockin' now...

zags will take this bitch W.F.O. now...and not look back...:houra

Mark Few has some good fucking players on this team.. you St. Mary's players got some bad luck.. Mills couldve kept this game slowed down, and made that 10 pt spread look like candy. Tough luck there

TonyMar

EOG Dedicated

depending on how bad mills' wrist is damaged...

that could be the gael's season...

huge huge loss...not only for this game...but the rest of the way...

hopefully it is not as bad as it looks

TonyMar

EOG Dedicated

zags by 5 now...on gray's trey...

that kid can shoot lights out...

A nightmare for the St. Mary's backers....

Looks like this thing is going to get away fast now

TonyMar

EOG Dedicated

couldnt even get a shot off...

mills 'stirs the drink'...

i dont see a way the zags dont cover the 8.5 now...

7 pt lead now...:+excited-

TonyMar

EOG Dedicated

gaels cannot even get a decent look at the basket...

runaway train here...

It's fair to say this is a bad team without Mills. He and Simpson are the only two offensive weapons. Then Samhan can just be the put-back guy..

TonyMar

EOG Dedicated

frustrating for stmary's now...

i know mills is a super-soph...

but someone should have tried to step it up...what's hughes' excuse?

TonyMar

EOG Dedicated

It's fair to say this is a bad team without Mills. He and Simpson are the only two offensive weapons. Then Samhan can just be the put-back guy..

more than fair...

this team looks lost here...no one is stepping up...and bennett has a bunch of seniors on his team here.