that was the greatest play in super bowl history.,

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
Re: that was the greatest play in super bowl history.,

what a run back... he is now immortal. that is Franco Harris like immaculate..

rjt721

EOG Master

Or the worst, depending on your perspective. 2348ji23e

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Here is my luck. Have a prop Will the 1st half end in a tie +2000. If they tackle Harrison, I hit a $1000 square. FUCK.

Just sad when you can't even stop a guy like that.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

u got 20-1 on a tie after the 1st half? what book? that should be 5-1 max..

benny0420

EOG Dedicated

Pretty close. I lost my voice there. :blink:

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

u got 20-1 on a tie after the 1st half? what book? that should be 5-1 max..

5 Dimes had 1st half tie, Pitt win game +2000, 1st half tie Cards win game +2600. Also played the OT prop to cover it. This really blows.

Defensive sack-master runs 100 yards for at TD? Yeah, it was freakin' awesome!!!!

:houra:houra:houra:houra:houra:houra:houra:houra:houra

michael777

EOG Dedicated

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="98%" border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#99cccc><TD width="22%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Feb 1 6:01pm[/FONT]</TD><TD align=left width="32%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Football - Loss[/FONT]</TD><TD width="30%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial]1300.00 to win 1000.00[/FONT]</TD><TD align=right width="15%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial]-1300.00 [/FONT]</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#99cccc><TD width="100%" colSpan=4>[FONT=Verdana, Arial] 1. Football - Arizona Cardinals - spread +4 (-130)
for the 1st half held on Feb 1 at 6:20pm [loss]
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

Greatest play in SB history? That's just a ridiculous statement. These plays aren't better?

1) Tyree's catch.
2) Joe Montana to John Taylor
3) Dyson stopped at the 1-yard line
4) Marcus Allen's run

These were all more important and better at the stage of the game in which they happened.

kid44

EOG Dedicated

Bart Starr over right tackle.

kidslick

EOG Dedicated

Greatest play in SB history? That's just a ridiculous statement. These plays aren't better?

1) Tyree's catch.
4) Marcus Allen's run

These were all more important and better at the stage of the game in which they happened.

#3 was awesome.......

kidslick

EOG Dedicated

In this famous image, Kevin Dyson tries to extend the ball into the end zone as Mike Jones brings him down.

The final play of Super Bowl XXXIV (also known as The Tackle<sup id="cite_ref-0" class="reference">[1]</sup><sup id="cite_ref-1" class="reference">[2]</sup> and One Yard Short<sup id="cite_ref-autogenerated1_2-0" class="reference">[3]</sup><sup id="cite_ref-3" class="reference">[4]</sup>) happened in a game played between the St. Louis Rams and the Tennessee Titans on January 30, 2000.<sup id="cite_ref-4" class="reference">[5]</sup> It resulted in Titans wide receiver Kevin Dyson being tackled by Rams

Legacy

Given the pressure of the Super Bowl and the wild game that preceded it, "The Tackle" and/or "One Yard Short" is considered one of the more exciting game-ending plays in recent National Football League history. The image of Dyson stretching the ball towards the goal line with Jones wrapped around him has become a staple of NFL highlights, especially in the participating teams' markets. ESPN.com ranked The Tackle as the 35th greatest moment of the past 25 years in sports (as of 2007)<sup id="cite_ref-7" class="reference">[8]</sup> and the second-greatest moment in Super Bowl history.<sup id="cite_ref-autogenerated1_2-1" class="reference">[3]</sup> Fox Sports ranked The Tackle as the Greatest Clutch Play in Super Bowl History (as of 2007). Many consider Super Bowl XXXIV to be the greatest Super Bowl ever, and the tackle as the greatest Super Bowl ending ever.<sup id="cite_ref-8" class="reference">[9]</sup>
Going into the Super Bowl, the Rams' defense, including Jones, was a powerful and stout unit, overshadowed by the team's high-powered offense, known as The Greatest Show on Turf.<sup id="cite_ref-9" class="reference">[10]</sup>

[edit] Play

The Titans had just used their final timeout with six seconds remaining. The Titans had driven to the Rams' 10 yard line and, trailing by a touchdown, had one last chance to tie the game. The Titans executed a plan wherein tight end Frank Wycheck would run straight up the field on the right side in order to lure Jones away from Dyson, who would slant left over the middle. With Jones focused on Wycheck, quarterback Steve McNair would pass the ball to Dyson, who would be open from about five yards out for the score.
At the outset, the play was proceeding as the Titans envisioned. Jones stayed with Wycheck on the streak route from the beginning of the play. After McNair fired to an open Dyson, Jones, now at the goal line, glanced over his left shoulder and noticed Dyson catching the ball. Jones then switched directions and managed to wrap up Dyson's legs approximately two and a half yards from the goal line.
With his legs immobilized, Dyson then attempted to reach towards the end zone and breach the plane with the ball. Both players then went into a rolling motion of sorts as Dyson?his back in the air but nearly touching the ground, as his legs were on top of Jones?outstretched his hand with the football towards the goal line in the hopes of scoring the touchdown. Though his reach was close, and the ball mere inches away from the end zone, it was still not enough to score. As the rolling motion came to an end, with Jones now on top of Dyson's legs, his shoulder touched the ground, never having broken the plane with the ball. Time expired three seconds later, and the game was over.

[edit] The call

ABC Sports broadcaster Al Michaels made the following call as the play happened:

• "It is caught by Dyson. Can he get in? No, he cannot! Mike Jones made the tackle... and the Rams have won the Super Bowl!"
The St. Louis Rams radio announcer, Mike Bush, after seconds of St. Louis celebrating, said this:

• "St. Louis, the Gateway to the West, is now the gateway to the BEST... football team in the world!"
Westwood One/CBS Radio Sports broadcaster Howard David, during the national radio broadcast of the game:

• "Shotgun for McNair...takes the snap, looks to the right, throws...and it's complete the Titan at the one yard line and he's stopped short! The clock strikes triple zero. Kevin Dyson caught the ball and Mike Jones made the tackle at the one yard line to preserve a win for the St. Louis Rams in Super Bowl XXXIV."

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

none of those more amazing than what we just saw..

1) Tyree's catch.
4) Marcus Allen's run

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

1) Tyree's catch.
4) Marcus Allen's run

You sir, can't be serious. Two of them to essentially decide the SB and one to keep a drive going after a crazy scramble by Manning.

benny0420

EOG Dedicated

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="98%" border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#99cccc><TD width="22%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Feb 1 6:01pm[/FONT]</TD><TD align=left width="32%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Football - Loss[/FONT]</TD><TD width="30%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial]1300.00 to win 1000.00[/FONT]</TD><TD align=right width="15%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial]-1300.00 [/FONT]</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#99cccc><TD width="100%" colSpan=4>[FONT=Verdana, Arial]1. Football - Arizona Cardinals - spread +4 (-130) [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial]for the 1st half held on Feb 1 at 6:20pm [loss] [/FONT]
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I wont be very happy but Good Luck!:cheers

Quite a few better than that one. That looked like an XFL play compared to many others.

benny0420

EOG Dedicated

1) Tyree's catch.
4) Marcus Allen's run

#3 I was in Fort Knox Kentucky in AIT training and the drills let us watch the game. That was a very special moment for me. I had $10 on tennesse against my battle buddy!12io4j2w90

Good Shit if you ever been in the Army!12io4j2w90

Apple

Banned

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="98%" border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#99cccc><TD width="22%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Feb 1 6:01pm[/FONT]</TD><TD align=left width="32%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Football - Loss[/FONT]</TD><TD width="30%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial]1300.00 to win 1000.00[/FONT]</TD><TD align=right width="15%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial]-1300.00 [/FONT]</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#99cccc><TD width="100%" colSpan=4>[FONT=Verdana, Arial]1. Football - Arizona Cardinals - spread +4 (-130) [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial]for the 1st half held on Feb 1 at 6:20pm [loss] [/FONT]
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Sorry man.. OUCH I would of been evicted from my apartment if I had that bet..

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

lets take #2...maybe a 33% chance they would get a TD on that play..nice throw and catch..open guy perfect throw. seen that dozens of times in the course of watching football...

this play...good lord do you even want to say a 0.1% chance of that happen before the play started? guy scoring with that effort.. and toss in at a very critical junciton as well? that was an amzing effort for him to INT and score on that play.

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

michael777....like Bill Clinton would say, I feel your pain....

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

lets get this over with, congrats Steeler bettors.

you may have sucked out though

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Max McGee so hung over he doesn't even bring his helmet onto the field
because he doesn't think he is playing

Dowler gets hurt and Maxie boy blowing probably a .18 from the nite before
staggers onto the field and Starr hits him with like a 37 yr td pass for the 1st
td scored in the History of the Super Bowl

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

ok it just lost its luster... sorry...

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

the two best plays in superbowl history both in the same game!