It's no wonder people cant "get there"

<TABLE id=DGDetails style="BORDER-RIGHT: #999999 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #999999 1px solid; FONT-SIZE: 11px; BORDER-LEFT: #999999 1px solid; WIDTH: 100%; COLOR: black; BORDER-BOTTOM: #999999 1px solid; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; BACKGROUND-COLOR: white" borderColor=#999999 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 rules=all border=1><TBODY><TR align=right><TD vAlign=top>INTERNET/-1</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>TIGER WOODS - TOTAL MAJORS WON IN 2009</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: xx-small" vAlign=bottom>TNT
</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: xx-small" vAlign=bottom>[11004] 1 MAJORS +150
</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: xx-small" vAlign=bottom>
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>500/750
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>500
</TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cccccc" align=right><TD vAlign=top>INTERNET/-1</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>TIGER WOODS - TOTAL MAJORS WON IN 2009</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: xx-small" vAlign=bottom>TNT
</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: xx-small" vAlign=bottom>[11005] 2 MAJORS +300
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>500/1500
</TD></TR><TR align=right><TD vAlign=top>INTERNET/-1</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>TIGER WOODS - TOTAL MAJORS WON IN 2009</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: xx-small" vAlign=bottom>TNT
</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: xx-small" vAlign=bottom>[11006] 3 MAJORS +1200
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>500/6000
</TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cccccc" align=right><TD vAlign=top>INTERNET/-1</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>TIGER WOODS - TOTAL MAJORS WON IN 2009</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: xx-small" vAlign=bottom>TNT
</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: xx-small" vAlign=bottom>[11007] 4 MAJORS (GRAND SLAM) +2500
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>500/12500
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

WTF is this goofball thinking?

Journeyman

EOG Master
Re: It's no wonder people cant "get there"

I'm assuming he thinks if Tiger wins all 4 , he gets credit for all 4 wins.

ChuteBoxe

EOG Master

Maybe he really thinks Tiger would win 3 or 4, and is just covering himself with the 2? But why 1? Pretty strange. :+clueless

No majors = -2000

1 major = -750

2 majors = +0

3 majors = +4500

Grand Slam = +11000

Good luck.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Maybe he really thinks Tiger would win 3 or 4, and is just covering himself with the 2? But why 1? Pretty strange. :+clueless

yeah throwin 1 in there, really makes no sense at all...it could still work out for him.

he could go 0-4 too

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Haney said Tiger is stronger than he was before he got injured

US Open - Bethpage - Woods won the Open there a few years ago

British - Turnberry

PGA - Hazeltine - runnerup to Beem last time played here

Woods doesn't play to play ... he plays to win and is the most focused and dominant athlete in the world today

Timetopay

EOG Master

funny when he hits the grand slam and thinks hes the champ

he on a side note is this Mo's account?

royboy

EOG Dedicated

mickleson has always been a fan of these future bets

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Remember Mickelson getting fined by Finchem?

It was the playoff between Furyk and Tiger at Firestone .... I dont remember exactly what playoff hole but it was on 18 and Furyk left his 1st bunker shot in the trap and Mickelson is in the players lounge and pipes up:

"I got $500 that says Furyk holes out .. any takers?"

I think Weir and another dude split the bet and .... Furyk holed out !!!

Mr Finchem got word and had a "talk" with Phil .... :LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

Travis, you shouldn't be showing everybody my account.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

My memory is pretty good except I forgot about the odds part:

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Bet that's illegal: Mickelson's $500 wager broke PGA Tour rules[/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Friday, August 31, 2001[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]SEATTLE POST-INTELLIGENCER NEWS SERVICES[/FONT]
Phil Mickelson won $500 last Sunday in a wager that Jim Furyk would hole a bunker shot during a seven-hole playoff against Tiger Woods in the NEC Invitational.

Mickelson also violated PGA Tour policy by gambling. Golf World magazine reported the bet this week.

On the first playoff hole, Furyk left his third shot in the bunker. Mickelson, in the players lounge, turned to the table next to him and offered 25-1 odds that Furyk would hole out from the bunker.

Stewart Cink and David Toms both turned down the bet, but Mike Weir accepted the $20 wager. Furyk holed the shot to extend the playoff, which he eventually lost six holes later.

Journeyman

EOG Master

The most Woods ever won was 3 and that was a while ago...at best he wins 2.

royboy

EOG Dedicated

My memory is pretty good except I forgot about the odds part:

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Bet that's illegal: Mickelson's $500 wager broke PGA Tour rules[/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Friday, August 31, 2001[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]SEATTLE POST-INTELLIGENCER NEWS SERVICES[/FONT]
Phil Mickelson won $500 last Sunday in a wager that Jim Furyk would hole a bunker shot during a seven-hole playoff against Tiger Woods in the NEC Invitational.

Mickelson also violated PGA Tour policy by gambling. Golf World magazine reported the bet this week.

On the first playoff hole, Furyk left his third shot in the bunker. Mickelson, in the players lounge, turned to the table next to him and offered 25-1 odds that Furyk would hole out from the bunker.

Stewart Cink and David Toms both turned down the bet, but Mike Weir accepted the $20 wager. Furyk holed the shot to extend the playoff, which he eventually lost six holes later.

i remember the talk of phil having a big futures ticket on the ravens the year they won the sb in 2000 or 01... wonder how much he's given back since that big score?

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

Lol...looks solid. I'm tailing this guy. :+textinb3

soli

EOG Dedicated

I've learn one thing since Tiger Woods got on Tour...don't bet against him..after this long layoff, he could come out and win all 4 majors...

<table id="DGDetails" style="border: 1px solid rgb(153, 153, 153); font-size: 11px; width: 100%; color: black; font-family: Verdana; border-collapse: collapse; background-color: white;" border="1" bordercolor="#999999" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" rules="all"><tbody><tr align="right"><td valign="top">INTERNET/-1</td><td align="left" valign="top">TIGER WOODS - TOTAL MAJORS WON IN 2009</td><td style="font-size: xx-small;" valign="bottom">TNT
</td><td style="font-size: xx-small;" valign="bottom">[11004] 1 MAJORS +150
</td><td style="font-size: xx-small;" valign="bottom">
</td><td valign="bottom">500/750
</td><td valign="bottom">500
</td></tr><tr style="background-color: rgb(204, 204, 204);" align="right"><td valign="top">INTERNET/-1</td><td align="left" valign="top">TIGER WOODS - TOTAL MAJORS WON IN 2009</td><td style="font-size: xx-small;" valign="bottom">TNT
</td><td style="font-size: xx-small;" valign="bottom">[11005] 2 MAJORS +300
</td><td valign="bottom">500/1500
</td></tr><tr align="right"><td valign="top">INTERNET/-1</td><td align="left" valign="top">TIGER WOODS - TOTAL MAJORS WON IN 2009</td><td style="font-size: xx-small;" valign="bottom">TNT
</td><td style="font-size: xx-small;" valign="bottom">[11006] 3 MAJORS +1200
</td><td valign="bottom">500/6000
</td></tr><tr style="background-color: rgb(204, 204, 204);" align="right"><td valign="top">INTERNET/-1</td><td align="left" valign="top">TIGER WOODS - TOTAL MAJORS WON IN 2009</td><td style="font-size: xx-small;" valign="bottom">TNT
</td><td style="font-size: xx-small;" valign="bottom">[11007] 4 MAJORS (GRAND SLAM) +2500
</td><td valign="bottom">500/12500
</td></tr></tbody></table>

WTF is this goofball thinking?
I kinda like it.

At least in my mind, it is relatively doubtful that Tiger will not win a Major so basically, the player is saying that he thinks it is worth risking $750 that Tiger wins at least two with anything else being a bonus.

Hell, he has won three in a year before and four in a row across seasons and if he comes back focused and fully recovered, is it such a stretch that he could do so again?

If the bettor is willing to tie up $2000 on a bet that will not be graded for several months, I would imagine that he might enjoy following Tiger that much more throughout the upcoming tour.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

anyone that thinks Tiger is not gonna play at the same level as before
his injury needs to take a piss test

He has finished in the top 3 44% of his starts on the PGA tour and
Haney said his knee is stronger than it was before he was injured

If he wins at Augusta ya got to like his odds of winning at BlackPage
in NY and also at Hazeltine

Enjoy it .... Tiger is one of those once in a lifetime athletes