Kiffin calls Meyer a cheater

mofome

Banned
Saving Richardson's highlights till the end of the 90-minute "recruiting celebration," Kiffin delighted in recounting the 5-foot-9, 151-pound Richardson's recruiting process that he said caused Florida's Meyer to violate NCAA rules and showcased the value of new Vols running backs coach Eddie Gran, a South Florida recruiting staple.

"Just so you know, when a recruit's on another campus, you can't call a recruit on another campus," Kiffin said Thursday morning at the Knoxville Convention Center. "I love the fact that Urban had to cheat, and still didn't get him (Richardson). Great job man!"

<script language="Javascript">document.write(insertImage('http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/879/728584.jpg', '728584.jpg', 0, 364, 250, 1, 'Lane Kiffin told a crowd of UT fans Thursday morning that Florida coach Urban Meyer violated NCAA rules in contacting UT signee Nu\'Keese Richardson. ', '', 1233851976000, 'Kiffin tn 250', 879, 'Align=Left'));</script><table align="left" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="258"><tbody><tr><td width="252"> </td><td rowspan="3" width="6"> </td></tr><tr><td height="3"> </td></tr><tr><td align="center">Lane Kiffin told a crowd of UT fans Thursday morning that Florida coach Urban Meyer violated NCAA rules in contacting UT signee Nu'Keese Richardson. </td></tr></tbody></table>While Richardson committed to the Vols during his official visit last weekend, he steadfastly maintained in media interviews he remained pledged to the Gators. That, Kiffin said, was part of Tennessee's plan.

"You can't understand how hard this is to get done. Eddie had this set up at 7 o'clock in the morning, they (Richardson's aunts) got the papers signed by the kid," said Kiffin, hired Dec. 1 to replace the fired Phillip Fulmer. "They didn't go do it at the school because they knew somebody at the school was going to screw it up, the fax machine wouldn't work or they would have changed the signatures. All the things that go on in Pahokee, now. The aunts took it over to a junior high, found a fax machine that worked and faxed them over to us at 7 o'clock and I kept it in a drawer till their 1 o'clock press conference."

Hopefully Florida only beats us by 100 once.

:cocktail

rayray

EOG Dedicated
Re: Kiffin calls Meyer a cheater

way to get yourself laughed out of the swamp lane. wouldnt bother me a bit to see urban running the score up and still throwing the ball late in the game. give me florida for the max now please.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

So how does this work?

On Leave it to Beaver Wally would step in to defend the Beaver

Does that mean ol Monte and Urban will getting it on at midfield?

urban seems like a cocky dickhead from what i've read about him. but all that is coming from fsu fans, so i'm not 100% hahah

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

The last National Title they win is with a qb who is now posting here under
the handle of "MOFOME"

Isnt that right Tee Martin?

Wait, so someone is insinuating that cheating is rampant in the SEC?

Have we finally lost our innocence?

tripp

EOG Master

I like Kiffen, the guy will turn tennessee around. It will take a couple of years though.

Kiff was a good choice for the Vols, but he's gonna regret the ever living shit out of making that comment.:bank:

mofome

Banned

yeah Kiffin was an awesome choice, but Fla will have to be -74.5 next year in The Swamp.

mofome

Banned

Urban will want to kill this fuck. Ed Orgeron was talking shit about stealing two fla recruits (teague/richardson) as well. Its going to be a blood bath.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

"Just so you know, when a recruit's on another campus, you can't call a recruit on another campus," Kiffin said Thursday morning at the Knoxville Convention Center. "I love the fact that Urban had to cheat, and still didn't get him (Richardson). Great job man!"

They just had this story on ESPN...the Florida AD says it is NOT an NCAA or a SEC violation to call a recruit on another college campus. He says Kiffen just doesn't know the rules(all the while implying that he is stupid) and owes Florida and Coach Meyer an apology.

mofome

Banned

Meyer is a scumbag. We had to trick him to keep the gaytors from cheating and getting Nuke.

oij213490

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Meyer is a scumbag. We had to trick him to keep the gaytors from cheating and getting Nuke.

oij213490

Perhaps, but if what they say is true and it was NOT an NCAA or SEC violation for Meyer to call him on another college campus like Kiffen accused him of doing, then Kiffen would indeed be the scumbag. But there's plenty of scumbags in college football...it doesn't have to be one or the other.

mofome

Banned

Perhaps, but if what they say is true and it was NOT an NCAA or SEC violation for Meyer to call him on another college campus like Kiffen accused him of doing, then Kiffen would indeed be the scumbag. But there's plenty of scumbags in college football...it doesn't have to be one or the other.

I think Kiffin knew that it was fine and just wanted to spark things up a bit. Its healthy to renew the rivalry that had died.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

I think Kiffin knew that it was fine and just wanted to spark things up a bit. Its healthy to renew the rivalry that had died.

I agree....but be careful what you ask for....like you said, you'll be lucky if the Gaytors only beatcha by 50 next year...lol

mofome

Banned

Losing by 1 and losing by 50 is about the same. We've got peoples interest and our name is out there more than anyones right now. Yeah, thats right, i said our.

:houra

I also think they he is having a couple all americans sign with us late on purpose. Jackson today and Oku later on. Perhaps tonight but definitely soon.

We'll see where Oku ends up.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Mo,
They just showed a tape on sportscenter where Kiffen was addressing the Vols boosters and it was pretty obvious that he was being slightly facetious when he made those cheating allegations against Meyer. You were right on...Florida AD making a mountain out of a molehill and Kiffen has already apologized so much ado about nothing.

Coach LT

EOG Enthusiast

It does NOT matter how or why you call another Coach a cheater, you better be right. Especially when the complaining head coach has yet to coach a game and the target coach has coached over 80 games and OBTW,has won 2 out of the last 3 BCS National Championships.

Suck on it, Lame Kitten! Meow. :thumbsup LT

benny0420

EOG Dedicated

It does NOT matter how or why you call another Coach a cheater, you better be right. Especially when the complaining head coach has yet to coach a game and the target coach has coached over 80 games and OBTW,has won 2 out of the last 3 BCS National Championships.

Suck on it, Lame Kitten! Meow. :thumbsup LT

No Doubt.

Good to see ya LT hope to see some rubberband games soon!:thumbsup

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

He was just joking around to the alumni, but that is something you just don't joke about. Especially inside your own conference. The last thing the SEC wants is whistle blowers inside thier own kingdom. And the biggest fear any school has is an NCAA investigation. Ask Bama. Not very prudent for the new kid on the block.

Best Wishes...OF :+waving-5

WVU

EOG Master

Kiffin is a tool who should have known the rules before running his mouth. He better watch his program because there will be plenty watching him more closely now.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

He was just joking around to the alumni, but that is something you just don't joke about. Especially inside your own conference. The last thing the SEC wants is whistle blowers inside thier own kingdom. And the biggest fear any school has is an NCAA investigation. Ask Bama. Not very prudent for the new kid on the block.

Well, evidently it is, since he just did it!

And the SEC came out and confirmed that it was NOT a violation so there was no whistle blowing involved, and thus no possibility of an NCAA investigation. Get a clue, OFI.

UT didn't hire Kiffen to be prudent, they hired him to win games, specifically to beat the gaytors and tide. If firing up the troops/alumni helps achieve that goal, then prudent indeed would Kiffen's behavior be!

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Kiffin is a tool who should have known the rules before running his mouth. He better watch his program because there will be plenty watching him more closely now.

Speaking of tools, well look who's back? Done licking your wounds, WVU? Ready for another ass whupping?

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

You just don't bring that kind of negative spotlight on your own conference. Especially cheating and implications of NCAA violations. Hi, I'm brand new, and a complete idiot. How can I embarrass my proud National Championship team and conference? Well let me start by saying Meyer is cheating...

WVU

EOG Master

You just don't bring that kind of negative spotlight on your own conference. Especially cheating and implications of NCAA violations. Hi, I'm brand new, and a complete idiot. How can I embarrass my proud National Championship team and conference? Well let me start by saying Meyer is cheating...

You got that right. The SEC bigwigs have to be fuming over his remarks

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Supposedly what Meyer did is NOT a violation.

BUT. Had it BEEN a violation, should Kiffin blown the whistle as he did, or just keep quiet about it?