CFB 2009: Does Tennessee get more than 5 wins?

<TABLE class=title cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD background=http://media.graytvinc.com/images/orangeheader.jpg colSpan=3 height=18>2009 Football Schedule </TD></TR><TR><TD>Date</TD><TD>Opponent</TD><TD>Time/TV </TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#dddddd>9/05/09</TD><TD bgColor=#dddddd>Western Kentucky </TD><TD bgColor=#dddddd>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>9/12/09</TD><TD>UCLA </TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#dddddd><TD>9/19/09</TD><TD>At Florida</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>9/26/09</TD><TD>OHIO UNIVERSITY </TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#dddddd><TD>10/03/09</TD><TD>AUBURN</TD><TD>TBA</TD></TR><TR><TD>10/10/09</TD><TD>GEORGIA </TD><TD>TBA</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#dddddd><TD>10/24/09</TD><TD>At Alabama</TD><TD>TBA</TD></TR><TR><TD>10/31/09</TD><TD>SOUTH CAROLINA </TD><TD>TBA</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#dddddd><TD>11/07/09</TD><TD>MEMPHIS</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>11/14/09</TD><TD>At Ole' Miss</TD><TD>TBA</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#dddddd><TD>11/21/09</TD><TD>VANDERBILT</TD><TD>TBA</TD></TR><TR><TD>11/28/09</TD><TD>At Kentucky </TD><TD>TBA</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#dddddd><TD>12/05/09</TD><TD>SEC Championship </TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

A bit of a rough schedule with a bit of a rough team and new coach and all new systems to learn. 5 may be a reach here.

tripp

EOG Master
Re: CFB 2009: Does Tennessee get more than 5 wins?

Season win total vegas sends out will be around 7 in my opinion. Would have a hard time playing the under with that schedule.

5 should be easy. They should be favorites in every single OOC game. UCLA is the only maybe loss. Vandy should be an easy win at home. Then with home games vs SC, Auburn, UGA, and a game @ UK they should easily hit over 5 wins and should be a bowl team next year.

Who knows how good some of these teams will be next year without QB's. UGA loses their two best players, Bama lost their QB and start OT (although losing JPW is probably a good thing). They also miss LSU, who should be a top 5 team next year.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Ole Miss beats some pretty good teams. I think 6 wins. Yes. They have enough cupcakes and winnable home games. But some of the games they lose, they will get slaughtered.

Best Wishes...OF :+waving-5

I think you can remove SEC Championship off of thier schedule.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Why do I think Mofome would say: " I don't see who they lose to" if the Univ of Tennesssee had this schedule this fall??

<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="m"><td colspan="5" align="center">2009 Opponents</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center" bgcolor="#efedd6" width="50%">HOME</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="50%">AWAY</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center" bgcolor="#efedd6" width="50%">Chicago Bears</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="50%">Chicago Bears</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center" bgcolor="#efedd6" width="50%">Detroit Lions</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="50%">Detroit Lions</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center" bgcolor="#efedd6" width="50%">Minnesota Vikings</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="50%">Minnesota Vikings</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center" bgcolor="#efedd6" width="50%">San Francisco 49ers</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="50%">Arizona Cardinals</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center" bgcolor="#efedd6" width="50%">Seattle Seahawks</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="50%">St. Louis Rams</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center" bgcolor="#efedd6" width="50%">Dallas Cowboys</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="50%">Tampa Bay Buccaneers</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center" bgcolor="#efedd6" width="50%">Baltimore Ravens</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="50%">Cleveland Browns</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center" bgcolor="#efedd6" width="50%">Cincinnati Bengals</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="50%">Pittsburgh Steelers</td></tr></tbody></table>

5 star bomb

EOG Master

UNDER EASILY... Tenn program has really taken 2-3 steps backwards. Desperately need Kiffin to save them

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Kiffin is:

1) Cocky
2) An unproven commodity running any pgm

Lets wait and see how this experiment works out ....

5 star bomb

EOG Master

Kiffin is:

1) Cocky
2) An unproven commodity running any pgm

Lets wait and see how this experiment works out ....

Well Tenn was EXTREMELY desperate... Lets see what happens. I actually like Kiffin but Tenn wont be good for 3 years

I think Lane is the step in the right direction. Although I would think that program is national contenders in about 2 to 4 years depending on the recruiting and schedule. They'll need a stud QB to be effective and the D line will have to have speed. They have neither right now as we speak so 09' will be a lesson in what needs to be done.