Anyone seen Slumdog Millionaire Yet?

Re: Anyone seen Slumdog Millionaire Yet?

Saw it. Will win the Oscar. Well-crafted, great story. Evokes emotions. Thumbs up.:thumbsup

Qtip

EOG Addicted

I have not heard a single person say anything bad about this movie. I'm really looking forward to watching this.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

easy to figure out how this will unfold..not clever..loved the brother of the main character...something different...will win best picture.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

there is at least one scene that makes your toes curl up very tight and you have to look away.

It's a good movie and it is going to win BP like GD said. Does it deserve it? No. I thought Milk was a much better movie.

Was going to see Milk this week but something came up. Hope to check it out next week so I can give an accurate comparison.

J

joeybagadonuts

Hines,

Out of curiosity, why did you think Milk was better? I've been trying to see every movie that is up for an Oscar, or has someone in it that is. I thought out of all of them, and the only one I haven't seen is Frost/Nixon, Slumdog was the best. It evoked emotion, it used a unique storytelling method, the end wasn't too predictable.

As far as Milk is concerned, I understand the political and social impact of it, shit I live in SF for gods sake and knew enough about Harvey Milk before I saw it. Yes I thought the acting was outstanding, and not just James Franco and Sean Penn, but I still lacked something I can't quite pin-point. All and all, I'd say it's second best (once again, w/o seeing F/Nixon), so can you explain why you thought it was a much better movie?

Thanks,

Hines,

Out of curiosity, why did you think Milk was better? I've been trying to see every movie that is up for an Oscar, or has someone in it that is. I thought out of all of them, and the only one I haven't seen is Frost/Nixon, Slumdog was the best. It evoked emotion, it used a unique storytelling method, the end wasn't too predictable.

As far as Milk is concerned, I understand the political and social impact of it, shit I live in SF for gods sake and knew enough about Harvey Milk before I saw it. Yes I thought the acting was outstanding, and not just James Franco and Sean Penn, but I still lacked something I can't quite pin-point. All and all, I'd say it's second best (once again, w/o seeing F/Nixon), so can you explain why you thought it was a much better movie?

Thanks,

I thought Slumdog was a good movie, but I didn't think it was Oscar worthy. It's a little corny, cliched, and very predictable. Good story though and I thought it deserved the nomination.

However, Milk brings up a salient issue and the acting is superb. Brolin, Franco, and Penn are all great. I'll admit I didn't know anything about Harvey Milk and the story fascinated me.

Also, I think if No Country for Old Men or There Will Be Blood came out this year, it would win the Oscar over Slumdog.

J

joeybagadonuts

I thought Slumdog was a good movie, but I didn't think it was Oscar worthy. It's a little corny, cliched, and very predictable. Good story though and I thought it deserved the nomination.

However, Milk brings up a salient issue and the acting is superb. Brolin, Franco, and Penn are all great. I'll admit I didn't know anything about Harvey Milk and the story fascinated me.

Also, I think if No Country for Old Men or There Will Be Blood came out this year, it would win the Oscar over Slumdog.

Fair enough, and for sure agree with this- "Also, I think if No Country for Old Men or There Will Be Blood came out this year, it would win the Oscar over Slumdog"

pvcpipe

EOG Master

It was great, but I was bummed to find out 20 million rupees is like 500 bucks. :)