If A-Roid beats Bonds' record HR's, will he make the HOF?

tripp

EOG Master
Re: If A-Roid beats Bonds' record HR's, will he make the HOF?

Both should be first ballot HOFers.

A-Rod and Bonds are the two greatest hitters to ever play the game. JMO

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

If Rose aint in ... 2 these guys

Hell ... Rose bet ... so what?

HE BET ON HIS TEAMS TO WIN !!!

Not like he was throwing the damn games

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

We shall see on that

Good luck McGwire, Palmeiro, Clemens or Sosa getting in

Sorry ... lot of "hardcore" voters and Ste-Rod has really fucked him "image"
good this time and no big loss if him and Bonds never make the HOF

tripp

EOG Master

We shall see on that

Good luck McGwire, Palmeiro, Clemens or Sosa getting in

Sorry ... lot of "hardcore" voters and Ste-Rod has really fucked him "image"
good this time and no big loss if him and Bonds never make the HOF

are you kidding? yeah, not having the two best players of all time in the HOF is no big deal...

rose should be in too for the record.

your stats and accomplishments should decide whether you get in or not, not any off the field issues, including steroids. if everyone really is so morally set against steroids just stop watching baseball because a good amount of these guys are juiced. people don't realize how many do it. i didn't play high school baseball, but according to my buddies over 3/4 of the team were on steroids, and those are HS KIDS that really had NO CHANCE of a pro career. so what the hell is going to stop young guys coming up that know it could be the difference between getting a regular job or making millions in the pros.

the best players should be in the HOF, period.

WVU

EOG Master

I was say he is +140 on making the HOF as of today.

WVU

EOG Master

Actually by the time he is eligible for the Hall things could be way different

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

are you kidding? yeah, not having the two best players of all time in the HOF is no big deal...

rose should be in too for the record.

your stats and accomplishments should decide whether you get in or not, not any off the field issues, including steroids. if everyone really is so morally set against steroids just stop watching baseball because a good amount of these guys are juiced. people don't realize how many do it. i didn't play high school baseball, but according to my buddies over 3/4 of the team were on steroids, and those are HS KIDS that really had NO CHANCE of a pro career. so what the hell is going to stop young guys coming up that know it could be the difference between getting a regular job or making millions in the pros.

the best players should be in the HOF, period.

You got to be kidding me. That's the biggest bullshit I've ever read. Honestly, it is. I came across 3 steroid users in 16+ years of baseball. I attended over 5 showcases, and played all across the country as a kid. That shit you said is absolute bullshit.

By the way, steroids are horrible for the game of baseball. You may not think it's a big deal, but numbers in baseball are sacred. This is a huge blow to baseball.

I do think that Bonds was one of the greatest players of all-time before steroids, and I do think A-Rod is clean now, but it's still horrible for the game.

3/4 of your high school team. :doh1

You got to be kidding me. That's the biggest bullshit I've ever read. Honestly, it is. I came across 3 steroid users in 16+ years of baseball. I attended over 5 showcases, and played all across the country as a kid. That shit you said is absolute bullshit.

By the way, steroids are horrible for the game of baseball. You may not think it's a big deal, but numbers in baseball are sacred. This is a huge blow to baseball.

I do think that Bonds was one of the greatest players of all-time before steroids, and I do think A-Rod is clean now, but it's still horrible for the game.

trust me...every school is different...did you go to a big hs well known for bases?

hell ben davis (my hs) wasnt big in bases but there were plenty of guys doing it...i cant imagine how bad its getting now...ive heard stories of other better baseball high schools in my area w/ the majority of the team doing it back when i was in hs

i think both should be first ballots if you elect anybody who played the majority of their ball from 01-08 to the HOF...

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

trust me...every school is different...did you go to a big hs well known for bases?

hell ben davis (my hs) wasnt big in bases but there were plenty of guys doing it...i cant imagine how bad its getting now...ive heard stories of other better baseball high schools in my area w/ the majority of the team doing it back when i was in hs

I went to one of the most tradition filled schools in the state of Illinois. Our former coach has the most wins in state history. My team, my junior year, had 7 division one players on it, and none of them did 'roids. No one on my high school team was doing steroids, I know that for a fact. I knew two kids in college that did it in the off-season, and I know of one kid from a showcase, that's now in the minors, that did it.

Maybe it's different between schools, but that did not happen at my high school.

I went to one of the most tradition filled schools in the state of Illinois. Our former coach has the most wins in state history. My team, my junior year, had 7 division one players on it, and none of them did 'roids. No one on my high school team was doing steroids, I know that for a fact. I knew two kids in college that did it in the off-season, and I know of one kid from a showcase, that's now in the minors, that did it.

Maybe it's different between schools, but that did not happen at my high school.

like i said...each school is different...also depends on the weight program of the school and the connections the players have

tripp

EOG Master

I'm telling you it's true. Obviously I'm not making a general statement that all or even most schools were the same, but 3/4 of that team did steroids and I'm not sure any of them really went on to anything big in baseball, not even div-1. I think they were just a bunch of kids that wanted to be great, so they looked for an easy way to get that rather than very hard work. They'd work hard, but more so in the weight room than actually at team practices.

I think you underestimate how some guys not only do this to improve their athletic skill, but do it to get huge for girls. I'd be willing to bet that's just as big of a reason for steroids as sports. Once guys get into HS they want to get huge, and they don't realize it's very easy to do with a solid workout plan. I don't think this was really an uncommon thing, but maybe I'm wrong.

Steroids might be bad for baseball in your eyes, but it is never going away. I wish they would just legalize it so we wouldn't have to listen to everyone talk about the "integrity of the game" being tarnished every single year. We need to accept a lot do it, and just be okay with it. It's not harming our bodies having them on roids, so why should we care. I say if they are willing to hurt their body for the benefits of steroids, that's their choice, not ours.

maverick

EOG Veteran

:doh1

Yeah funny how "Sacred" those numbers seemed to the countless management, coaches and commish who knew exactly what was going on but were all to busy making $$$$$ to blow the whistle..........

Kinda reminds me of Wall Street...........and the financial mess........lots and lots of looking the other way.........

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

I'm telling you it's true. Obviously I'm not making a general statement that all or even most schools were the same, but 3/4 of that team did steroids and I'm not sure any of them really went on to anything big in baseball, not even div-1. I think they were just a bunch of kids that wanted to be great, so they looked for an easy way to get that rather than very hard work. They'd work hard, but more so in the weight room than actually at team practices.

I think you underestimate how some guys not only do this to improve their athletic skill, but do it to get huge for girls. I'd be willing to bet that's just as big of a reason for steroids as sports. Once guys get into HS they want to get huge, and they don't realize it's very easy to do with a solid workout plan. I don't think this was really an uncommon thing, but maybe I'm wrong.

Steroids might be bad for baseball in your eyes, but it is never going away. I wish they would just legalize it so we wouldn't have to listen to everyone talk about the "integrity of the game" being tarnished every single year. We need to accept a lot do it, and just be okay with it. It's not harming our bodies having them on roids, so why should we care. I say if they are willing to hurt their body for the benefits of steroids, that's their choice, not ours.

Say that when it's your kid doing steroids because he wants to be like them. It's not OK just because everyone's doing it anyway. That's a stupid thing to say. It's not OK for the game, and it's not fair to people who refuse to use drugs.

Say that when it's your kid doing steroids because he wants to be like them. It's not OK just because everyone's doing it anyway. That's a stupid thing to say. It's not OK for the game, and it's not fair to people who refuse to use drugs.

some strength coaches here in the US feel that steroids arent all that bad when taken correctly...

For one, they destroy your liver. There's no need to take them for 1 cycle. That's retarded, and most can't stop after one cycle anyway.

PS: steroids can destroy the liver...when taken in high doses for an extended period of time...

benny0420

EOG Dedicated

Crown Royal destroys the liver. That don't stop people from drinking it!:doh1

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

and posting daily @ EOG can turn ya into a Mental Nutcase like Texasfan
but that doesn't seem to slow anyone down

roseman

EOG Dedicated

Nope
And for the jokers who think it should be legal and all that. Its not about the players or MLB. Its about the kids. Get a clue. The players make their decisions, its the 10 year olds that wont live to 30. Why is this so hard for people to understand?

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

I was say he is +140 on making the HOF as of today.
I think I would try some +140 on the yes. I think he is 80% or better to make the HOF, especially since he came out and admitted it (though I'm sure he didn't tell the whole truth).

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

The HOF is a joke without Dave Kingman having a Plaque