BC - Miami

Ice Bowl

Nicklaus 86 Masters

75 Red Sox - Reds game #6

Giants SB win last year

THIS LIST AINT SHORT ....

Doc Mercer

EOG Master
Re: Great discussion this AM on the radio: Greatest finish in any sporting event

how did they start with only 5 horses?

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated
Re: Great discussion this AM on the radio: Greatest finish in any sporting event

Easy and not even close.

Cal vs. Stanford

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Brickshitforbrains is a great reminder of what can happen when 2 retards fuck

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Enfuenog:

there was a Div II or III game recently that matched Cal - Stanford ....

Don't remember the teams but saw the video and the final play went on for like 3-5 minutes

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

Enfuenog:

Don't remember the teams but saw the video and the final play went on for like 3-5 minutes

I know this one. There were about 12 laterals on the play. However, Cal and Stanford was special because of the big time confereance they play in and it involved observers of the game. Not only was it on the final play but a score had just happened before the kickoff that we all thought ended the game. It was a rollercoaster.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

It was special cause ya won money on it !!!

I wonder what that line was?

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Bricks "think" she is intelligent ???

yeah and Bush thought he was a fuckin Military genius!!!

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

You need to get out Doc, your old body is getting very weak. You work too much on your fingers and running your mouth and soon wont be able to walk because your muscles with deteriorate.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

love this one!

Affirmed v Alydar in the 1978 Belmont

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

thought for sure Sportsgirl would say FRANCO IN 72

Hill to Laetner with 1.2 secs left was classic.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Colo - Michigan w/Westbrook catching the deflected pass in the end zone

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Shit

who was the white dude in the NCAA March Madness that took out Miss St?

Drew from Valpariso?

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Danny Ainge vs ND in March Madness

DrunkHorseplayer

EOG Addicted

Clark's catch was nowhere near the end of the game; the clinching play came when the Niners forced a fumble at midfield. Best finish ever: Kirk Gibson's home run.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Drunk:

when ya drunk it seems to be near the end of the game !!!

was Garagiola the color commentator with Scully that nite?

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

i am biased - i admit it

i was a 20-year(at the time) broncos' fan who had seen 4 SB losses - each worse than the one before so when SB XXXII came along i was cautiously optomistic but still scared

when john mobley knocked down favrenugen's pass to the child molester and we won the game it was one of the happiest moments of my life and a great finish

as far as a finish where the game was decided on the last play of the game

Kirk Gibson - 1988

the guy couldn't walk and he was facing THE best closer in MLB and one of the best ever. the "Roy Hobbs" feel was unreal

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Winky:

who was the child molestor?

was it Churma???

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

I started thinking that I don't recall Keith Jackson having any issues in
that area

wasn't it some high school gals at his hottub??

ATX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Mercer
Enfuenog:

I know this one. There were about 12 laterals on the play. However, Cal and Stanford was special because of the big time confereance they play in and it involved observers of the game. Not only was it on the final play but a score had just happened before the kickoff that we all thought ended the game. It was a rollercoaster.

Code:
http://www.40acressports.com/2007/10/28/trinity-u-wins-game-on-15-lateral-final-play/

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

15 laterals!!!

Imagine having $500 bet on the other team at pick em??

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Real Quiet losing the Belmont and Triple Crown after having a 5 length lead with 70 yards to go. He got reeled in and lost the triple crown on a head bob. He was in front an inch before the wire to WIN the triple crown and lost.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIRP4UbrCg8

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Flamingo ...

the ol "Head Bob" ????

thats good and been there too many times

Technically not the end of the game, as the score came with nineteen seconds left; enjoy it again, and again. . .:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/s8zZRBTOcnY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/s8zZRBTOcnY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ATX

Technically not the end of the game, as the score came with nineteen seconds left; enjoy it again, and again. . .

still get chills from that.

will never forget that 4th and 1 stand.

still get chills from that.

will never forget that 4th and 1 stand.

For someone who's been a Longhorn fan since diaper days, the game will never be forgotten; the picture of Vince in the confetti shower at the end of the game is indelibly etched in my memory banks. . .

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

4625:

then you must tear up thinking about that pass ol Street made to .... shit ...
was his name Paschell (???) in the 69 game

Before my time, Doc. But I grew up hating the Hogs, so anybody, anytime, beating those son-of-a-bitches is all right with me. Tricky Dick--who I like on foreign policy--visited the winning team. . .

Seriously 37 posts and no one mentions NC State-Houston? I guess everyone here is under 30 because it has all the intangibles.

1) Meaningful game- 1983 NCAA Basketball Championship game. It was for all the marbles, not a meaningless regular season game like others.

2) Storyline- The ultimate underdog, the Cardiac Pack, wouldn't have even gotten in to the Big Dance if not for a remarkable ACC tourney run over some all-time great teams (um, Jordan/Daugherty/Worthy UNC, and Sampson's UVA) vs. the juggernaut Phi Slamma Jamma, with two all-time greats Akeem the Dream and Clyde the Glide. No one was giving the Pack a chance in this game.

3) Outstanding cast- you had the always quotable Jimmy V, Guy Lewis and his intimidating cast of Cougars. One of the all-time greats in Akeem, Derek W. coming back from a broken foot and Big T, Thurl Bailey.

4) Historical context- Without this game there would have been no Jimmy V foundation, no "Don't give up, don't ever give up" speech, no ESPYs, a stretch but maybe no Villanova over G'town.

5) Perfect ending- clock winding down, State trying for the last shot, nearly thrown away for a steal and a Phi Slamma Jamma dunk to win it, desperation heave as time winds down, role player catches ball in mid-air over all-time great center and dunks it home as clock ticks zero. Chaos ensues, everyone in shock, Valvano run around like a chicken with his head cut off.

Simply, it was a real life movie script with a perfect ending. Everything else pales in comparison.

If you take things into context, the USA v. Russia Olympic game is the only thing that comes close. However, in this one the good guys (or the underdogs which Hollywood always portrays as the good guys) won.

Seriously 37 posts and no one mentions NC State-Houston? I guess everyone here is under 30 because it has all the intangibles.

1) Meaningful game- 1983 NCAA Basketball Championship game. It was for all the marbles, not a meaningless regular season game like others.

2) Storyline- The ultimate underdog, the Cardiac Pack, wouldn't have even gotten in to the Big Dance if not for a remarkable ACC tourney run over some all-time great teams (um, Jordan/Daugherty/Worthy UNC, and Sampson's UVA) vs. the juggernaut Phi Slamma Jamma, with two all-time greats Akeem the Dream and Clyde the Glide. No one was giving the Pack a chance in this game.

3) Outstanding cast- you had the always quotable Jimmy V, Guy Lewis and his intimidating cast of Cougars. One of the all-time greats in Akeem, Derek W. coming back from a broken foot and Big T, Thurl Bailey.

4) Historical context- Without this game there would have been no Jimmy V foundation, no "Don't give up, don't ever give up" speech, no ESPYs, a stretch but maybe no Villanova over G'town.

5) Perfect ending- clock winding down, State trying for the last shot, nearly thrown away for a steal and a Phi Slamma Jamma dunk to win it, desperation heave as time winds down, role player catches ball in mid-air over all-time great center and dunks it home as clock ticks zero. Chaos ensues, everyone in shock, Valvano run around like a chicken with his head cut off.

Simply, it was a real life movie script with a perfect ending. Everything else pales in comparison.

If you take things into context, the USA v. Russia Olympic game is the only thing that comes close. However, in this one the good guys (or the underdogs which Hollywood always portrays as the good guys) won.

I would think that most are embarrassed about that game. Phi Slama Jamma was the finest collection of basketball talent that has ever been assembled. The semifinal game against Louisville is the best college basketball game I have ever witnessed. NC State should not have been allowed on the court with Houston; if not for Guy Lewis pulling in the reins on his thoroughbreds, NC State would have lost by double digits. I couldn't eat for a day after the travesty occurred, or read the sports page for a week. I hated Valvano forever after that game, and wasn't sorry to see him go. There, I said it; maybe it's karma for winning one he shouldn't have. . .