Lakers. 2008-2009 NBA Champs

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere
Re: Lakers. 2008-2009 NBA Champs

Not a lot of doubt...elevated their game big time even with Bynum out. Kobe on a mission.

ATX

defense wins championships.

they will have to improve on that end.

they may just be that anomaly we haven't seen in quite a few years.

I'm looking at Spurs and Cavs futures. I think there will be decent overlay.

BCTTWR

EOG Dedicated

Spurs with a healthy Ginobli will give the Lakers all they can handle. Assuming Parker & Duncan healthy too.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Lakeshow does not come up short this year. Gasol, Odom, D Fish and Bryant now have a training camp and part of a season and post season to gel. Is there any value? Probably not. But they appear dominant. Spurs a big short, very long in tooth. Horry was the unsung hero. Celtic miss outside shooting and are not starving hungry for rings, see Heat. Cavs still shorthanded, even starters. Lakeshow get Bynum back a done deal.

Best Wishes...OF :+waving-5

tripp

EOG Master

They will not win the championship. I would take either Boston or Cleveland over them in the finals. JMO

Boston

EOG Dedicated

They will not win the championship. I would take either Boston or Cleveland over them in the finals. JMO

I would agree with this although I don't think the cavs have a chance getting by boston. I was at the celts lakers game earlier this month and Even though the celts played like shit I think if garnett doesn't foul out with that much time on the clock we win that game. Now if bynum is healthy it might be a dif story but the kid is injury prone. The celts d is not what it was last year and that is a huge problem but I've watched many lakers games that seem like they don't know what d is. Still a lot of ball to be played

tripp

EOG Master

I would agree with this although I don't think the cavs have a chance getting by boston. I was at the celts lakers game earlier this month and Even though the celts played like shit I think if garnett doesn't foul out with that much time on the clock we win that game. Now if bynum is healthy it might be a dif story but the kid is injury prone. The celts d is not what it was last year and that is a huge problem but I've watched many lakers games that seem like they don't know what d is. Still a lot of ball to be played

They always have a chance with Lebron James on the team. He had a poor series for the most part last year and they still went 7 games with Boston. Boston really isn't better, and Cleveland is. I would put those at around the same level right now, and I think their series in the Eastern Conf Finals will determine the NBA Champion. I just don't think LA is made for the playoffs.

I actually think there is a good chance LA won't make the finals...

ATX

I actually think there is a good chance LA won't make the finals...

tough because of the officiating.

NBA has a huge need for the Lakers, and not SA, to be in the finals.

with James star power, not as true for the Celtics. I think whoever has to play Orlando out of Cavs/Celts loses the Eastern Conf Finals. That series will probably drain either team. Not sure what to make of Portland. Can't count out Jazz, NO, Rox. Mavs = Texas Tech.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

The Cavs just got dominated at home, where they were undefeated until the Lakers spanked them, with Lebron, and Kobe sick as a dog. One player without a supporting cast has never won a championship. None. Celts look way worse on defense, half the time just going through the motions, waiting for post season. Lakers also beat them at home, with the Lakeshow coming off back to back on road. The East does not have the quality as last year, as evidenced by Boston's losses at home all against West. The Lakers were Finals team without time playing together. Odom and Gasol got exposed. They are vastly improved. There were times the Lakers won titles with average defense and superior offense. That time should return. They have advantages vs every contender, and may not have much trouble getting to Finals, except for Spurs. Just about a two team conference this season.

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

Didn't we hear this same Lakers crap last year? :pullhair

Seems like I remember doing really well betting the finals. Not so much betting on LA though. No. the other team. :+excited-

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

I don't see the hunger in the Celtics. Those guys would walk through walls for a ring, but now they have rings, they barely walk up court. Lakers had the pieces, just not the time together to learn each other's games, and the triangle. Was not the Lakeshow's turn last year. Homecourt advantage would help.

ATX

Cavs have a better supporting cast than Kobe's Lakers. Arguable, but who plays D on that team. When they don't hit 50% of their shots in a playoff game what are they going to do? the refs will help them out for sure.

What happens right now in the NBA is fairly meaningless and a lot of Lakers fans will probably be pushing the line on futures.

LA went over -200 without home court before the Boston series started last year. One of the strangest lines I have ever seen in any sport. Lakers are -140 to win the West at the All-Star break. +180 to win the Finals. and trail Boston in the standings again. Spurs +300 to win the West. Not much there. If West Conf Finals started tomorrow the Spurs would probably be close to that vs the Lakers. The NBA is a joke, same bad teams are bad every year.