So, OSU...would the buy a 3 at -170 for....

the duke game be worthy?

Lines moved 3 points already, take on another 3 and have 16.5, that is, if it is done moving, which i think it may have leveled out by now

munson15

I want winners...
Re: So, OSU...would the buy a 3 at -170 for....

I know you didn't ask me, but I think once you're into double-digits, the game is a little less apt to fall close to the number. But I believe anything under 20 is viable.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

ok for fun..
<TABLE class=slip-tbl style="WIDTH: 245px" cellSpacing=0><TBODY><TR class=first><TD colSpan=3>Basketball NCAA - 712 St. Johns +16? buying 3 points -170 for Game </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR class=second><TD> </TD><TD align=middle>56.10 USD </TD><TD align=middle>33.00 USD</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

91023i2ndw;l
ok for fun..
<TABLE class=slip-tbl style="WIDTH: 245px" cellSpacing=0><TBODY><TR class=first><TD colSpan=3>Basketball NCAA - 712 St. Johns +16? buying 3 points -170 for Game </TD><TD></TD></TR><TR class=second><TD></TD><TD align=middle>56.10 USD </TD><TD align=middle>33.00 USD</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

I was going to trail along, but 5 dimes wants -195, F that
Most shops don't let you buy 3 whole pts at 10 cents a half. Very uncommon these days because of the discussion we had yesterday.

munson15

I want winners...

I was going to trail along, but 5 dimes wants -195, F that
Very wise, this is only viable at -170 or better. What I don't get is why the books aren't aligned on this practice of selling/not selling points for 10 cents.

patswin

EOG Veteran

I don't think you want to do it this type of spread

Probably better to make a +6 a +9 or a -9 a -6 with the -170 price

High Times

EOG Master

Most shops don't let you buy 3 whole pts at 10 cents a half. Very uncommon these days because of the discussion we had yesterday.

Some of the best bookmakers turn down a lot of profitable bets.

Just because they don't take a bet doesn't mean it not a money maker for the books.

You value the IQ of these bookies more than you should.

I'm thinking the way to use this is on NBA favs of 3.5 to 4.5 points, making them -.5 to -1.5 points.

Maybe dogs of +2 or more as well, but not DD spreads.

Just because they don't take a bet doesn't mean it not a money maker for the books.

True, they turn down anti-correlated parlays,like:

under 44

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

Well how come there was a day when just about all books allowed you to do this but have one by one decided to stop? Do you think they stopped taking action where they were showing profit? I could just imagine that conversation in the backroom. "Sure we win letting these donks buy the 3 points for 10 cents a half but I'm just not going to let them fuck themselves like this anymore." :LMAOGive it a rest HT, you are 100% wrong here and should just give it up but I do love your handle and avatar.:cheers

the duke game be worthy?

Lines moved 3 points already, take on another 3 and have 16.5, that is, if it is done moving, which i think it may have leveled out by now

If you feel you have a +EV bet at the current market level then buying the 3 points for -170 would make the +EV bet even stronger. (Up to around the 20 point mark. The samples get smaller from there and the data may not be as strong.)

That being said, if you do not have an indication on where the market may close from here on this particular game then you are risking losing some, if not all, of your expected ROI if the market closes against your position.

People whom can really take advantage of this are people who have a working knowledge of what direction the market will end up. That is when it gets really fun. :+waving-5

Good luck with whatever you decide to do. :cheers