Will Smith says "Boom goes the dynomite!"

MikeOswald

EOG Dedicated
Re: Will Smith says "Boom goes the dynomite!"

That clip is one of the best of all time and made for some great sports radio a few years back, I still laugh my ass off every time I see this.

Tim Finchem

EOG Dedicated

omfg...how did that kid ever make it on the air to begin with???:blink:

tripp

EOG Master

hahah that shit never gets old. How is he so clueless to be saying "miller shoots a three...and its good!" while JASON KIDD takes a TWO POINT shot. Classic clip.

Anybody know what this kid is up to now?

MikeOswald

EOG Dedicated

Believe it or not, he is actually on the air somewhere doing sports on TV, again. Mind you he is much much better now with a little practice. I'll try and dig up some more info on him

kid44

EOG Dedicated

I love that vid. He seemed extremely nervous. Do you think something was wrong with the teleprompter?

MikeOswald

EOG Dedicated

FromDeadspin.com

Brian Collins, the flustered college sportscaster thrust into internet infamy thanks to his woeful "Boom Goes The Dynamite!" display, has finally seen his hard work and humiliation pay off for him in the best way possible — an actual on-air job.
The 2008 Ball State graduate has apparently latched on full-time with KXXV in Waco, Texas (And Boom Go The Branch Davidians!) and according to his bio, "encourages residents to contact him about any story ideas."
I bet more than half of those requests will be for more Indiana Pacers coverage.
Congratulations to Brian.

Hennessey

EOG Dedicated

FromDeadspin.com

Brian Collins, the flustered college sportscaster thrust into internet infamy thanks to his woeful "Boom Goes The Dynamite!" display, has finally seen his hard work and humiliation pay off for him in the best way possible ? an actual on-air job.
The 2008 Ball State graduate has apparently latched on full-time with KXXV in Waco, Texas (And Boom Go The Branch Davidians!) and according to his bio, "encourages residents to contact him about any story ideas."
I bet more than half of those requests will be for more Indiana Pacers coverage.
Congratulations to Brian.

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

I about fell over when the Fresh Prince said that.

LOL, best part of this entry is that communications classes call it "the Brian Collins incident".

Brian Collins (reporter)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
<!-- start content -->For the New York based designer, see Brian Collins (designer).
<TABLE class="infobox biography vcard" style="FONT-SIZE: 95%; WIDTH: 22em; LINE-HEIGHT: 1.5em; TEXT-ALIGN: left" cellSpacing=5><TBODY><TR><TD class=fn style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 125%; TEXT-ALIGN: center" colSpan=2>Brian Collins</TD></TR><TR><TH style="PADDING-RIGHT: 1em; PADDING-LEFT: 0.2em; FONT-SIZE: 90%; BACKGROUND: none transparent scroll repeat 0% 0%; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.2em; LINE-HEIGHT: 1.2em; PADDING-TOP: 0.2em; TEXT-ALIGN: left">Born</TH><TD class="" style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0.2em; PADDING-LEFT: 0.2em; FONT-SIZE: 90%; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.2em; VERTICAL-ALIGN: middle; LINE-HEIGHT: 1.3em; PADDING-TOP: 0.2em">c. 1985
</TD></TR><TR><TH style="PADDING-RIGHT: 1em; PADDING-LEFT: 0.2em; FONT-SIZE: 90%; BACKGROUND: none transparent scroll repeat 0% 0%; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.2em; LINE-HEIGHT: 1.2em; PADDING-TOP: 0.2em; TEXT-ALIGN: left">Nationality</TH><TD class=category style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0.2em; PADDING-LEFT: 0.2em; FONT-SIZE: 90%; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.2em; VERTICAL-ALIGN: middle; LINE-HEIGHT: 1.3em; PADDING-TOP: 0.2em">American</TD></TR><TR><TH style="PADDING-RIGHT: 1em; PADDING-LEFT: 0.2em; FONT-SIZE: 90%; BACKGROUND: none transparent scroll repeat 0% 0%; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.2em; LINE-HEIGHT: 1.2em; PADDING-TOP: 0.2em; TEXT-ALIGN: left">Occupation</TH><TD class=role style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0.2em; PADDING-LEFT: 0.2em; FONT-SIZE: 90%; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.2em; VERTICAL-ALIGN: middle; LINE-HEIGHT: 1.3em; PADDING-TOP: 0.2em">reporter</TD></TR><TR><TH style="PADDING-RIGHT: 1em; PADDING-LEFT: 0.2em; FONT-SIZE: 90%; BACKGROUND: none transparent scroll repeat 0% 0%; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.2em; LINE-HEIGHT: 1.2em; PADDING-TOP: 0.2em; TEXT-ALIGN: left">Known for</TH><TD class="" style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0.2em; PADDING-LEFT: 0.2em; FONT-SIZE: 90%; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.2em; VERTICAL-ALIGN: middle; LINE-HEIGHT: 1.3em; PADDING-TOP: 0.2em">catchphrase Boom goes the dynamite</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Brian Collins (born c. 1985) is a reporter for KXXV television in Waco, Texas, best known for creating the catchphrase "Boom goes the dynamite" during a college sportscast that became an internet sensation.
Collins agreed to fill in for a friend on Ball State University's campus newscast during his freshman year providing sports highlights. When the teleprompter failed and printed copies were not in order, he improvised.<SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-espn_0-0>[1]</SUP> Eventually posted on YouTube, the newscast is now known as "the Collins incident" in communications classes.<SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-espn_0-1>[1]</SUP><SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-1>[2]</SUP>
Collins' sportscast was also featured on television and radio throughout the country and earned him an appearance on The Late Show (hosted by Ball State alumnus David Letterman). <SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-cbs_2-0>[3]</SUP>
A trademark application on the phrase was filed, but ultimately abandoned,<SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-3>[4]</SUP> by a San Diego based speculator who offered it on t-shirts, saying that part of the proceeds would go to a scholarship fund at Ball State for journalism students.
ESPN SportsCenter anchor Scott Van Pelt e-mailed Collins words of encouragement and paid homage to him using the "boom" line on the air several times.<SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-espn_0-2>[1]</SUP>

[edit] Popular Culture

The line Collins made famous has appeared in popular television programs.
  • In the Family Guy season premiere episode titled "Love Blactually," Cleveland Brown uses the line twice while having sex.<SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-4>[5]</SUP>
  • In the episode of How I Met Your Mother titled "I Heart NJ," Stella introduces her basement as "the coolest bar in the state, which is so close it will blow your mind," using the line.<SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-5>[6]</SUP>
  • In the Veronica Mars episode "Welcome Wagon," Veronica uses the line when the police open a garage full of stolen goods.
  • On the October 15, 2008 episode of The Colbert Report, Colbert uses the line while providing commentary on an unexciting chess match during his "Sport Report" segment.
  • Will Smith used the line after a mispronunciation during the 81st Academy Awards.<SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-6>[7]</SUP>

janus

EOG Dedicated

oh shit, will smith's ad lib was brilliant. that's insanely funny.