Pancake Tuesday............

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated
Re: Pancake Tuesday............

Put seven away at breakfast at Golden Griddle ($3.99) all you can eat pancakes every Tuesday. A deal.

I guess very few celebrate Pancake Tuesday around here.

Oh well more for me.

How do you all prepare for your 40 day fast ?

mofome

Banned

I want french toast monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday, friday, saturday, and sunday.

what is pancake tuesday

Known also as Fat Tuesday or Mardi Gras, National Pancake Day dates back several centuries to when the English prepped for fasting during Lent. Strict rules prohibited the eating of all dairy products during Lent, so pancakes were made to use up the supply of eggs, milk, butter and other dairy products?hence the name Pancake Tuesday, or Shrove Tuesday.

12io4j2w90

bmw530i

EOG Member

I used to love the IHOP, back in the day...
I could probably throw down 4 or 5. Now silver dollars would be another story.

louisvillekid

EOG Dedicated

i can't remember the last time i had pancakes, or waffles or french toast, basically anything that you generally put syrup on.

just cereal or oatmeal or maybe eggs and toast, sometimes just fruit for me in the morning.

Today is Shrove Tuesday, the day before Ash Wednesday, and as is tradition all the little catholic children will be giving up sweets, crisps, chocoltes etc for 40 days and as a treat they get pancakes for dinner the night before.

I guess it must be an Irish thing.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jWYAHPsUBUM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jWYAHPsUBUM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>