NCAA March Madness Plays

tripp

EOG Master
Multi unit plays will not be rare here. I do march madness like I do college bowls, so there will be a good amount of multi unit plays. It's not like regular season where I only had 7 the entire year. I will have a few 5 unit plays each round most likely depending on if there are situations that warrant it. Some early plays that I got in already.

5 units Stephen F. Austin +12.5

Syracuse to me is a weak 3 seed. I don't put too much weight into conference tournaments as those things are always crazy. Some teams care, some teams don't. Syracuse seems to be a team that really cares about the conference tournament. That's nice, but doesn't impress me too much. Stephen F Austin can play with these guys. Syracuse doesn't play defense at all. Boeheim isn't a good enough coach to get them to play defense here either. People love Syracuse because they can score. Big deal. Can they stop teams? No. No way in hell a team that doesn't play defense, coming off a big conference tournament should be giving double digits to a solid Austin team. I know they lost by DD to both Arkansas and Texas Tech this year, and I know both those teams suck. Those games were both on the road though, and neither game was in the NCAA Tourney. THis game is special to the Austin plays, not so much for Syracuse. They assume they will move on here, people are already saying they can make the final four or elite eight. This team doesn't have a prayer of getting past the Sweet 16. Think this team can stop Griffin? No chance. Austin went to OT with ND State earlier this year and beat them. Those are two strong 14 seeds and I suspect one will win SU, or at least make it very, very close. My line here is SFA +9.

5 units Butler +3

Plain and simple, Butler is the better team. 9 seed is too low for this team. LSU plays in the SEC, so I don't want to hear anything about the Horizon. SEC is a joke. LSU is a solid team and deserve to be here, but they got maybe the strongest 8/9 seed in the tournament in Bulter. Butler brings it every year, is always well coached, played good defense, and has some scorers that can light it up when they get hot. Last year a trendy pick was to fade Butler against South Alabama and what happened? They came out blazing and just embarrassed USA. I expect fading Butler to be trendy again this year and expect similar results. Butler is no fluke that just gets in from playing a bad conference. They are solid as always and are very well coached. My line here is Butler -2.

5 units California -1

Just a much better team than Maryland IMO. I haven't been high on this Maryland team at all this year, but I will admit they played well recently. As I've stated though conference tourneys don't mean much to me. Florida St plays UNC in the NCAA Tournament and they lose by 20. Maryland plays WF in the NCAA Tournament and they lose by double digits. Conference tournaments mean nothing to me. Pac 10 is an underrated conference and California should be favored by more than 1. Maryland will not stop these guys from shooting and don't have an inside presense. My line here is California -4.5. I'll take a virtual pk though and take it with a smile.

5 units UCLA -7

Line is about right, but UCLA will handle these guys IMO. VCU is a trendy team to back because they have a stud in Maynor. Absolutely love Maynor, you could make a case for him being the top floor general in the nation. UCLA has the better team though, they have the experienced team, and they have the experienced coach. UCLA is used to being a top seed, and I'm sure they feel they deserved at least a 5 seed. This seeding will work for them though because they avoid Pitt until the Elite Eight, and are with a weak 3 seed in Villanova (I think all 3 seeds are weak this year by the way). I hope they aren't looking past VCU and the fact that Maynor plays opposite and this team beat Duke a couple years ago should be enough for them not to. I just don't see VCU staying within 10 here. My line here is -8, which is where it opened I believe, but this isn't about value, it's about one team being better.

These are it for 5 unit plays. Will play and post the others probably in a few days. 5 unit plays are just ones that jump out to me right away. The othes I will wait to see what the public does, what the line does and do my normal capping.

BOL and lets have a fun and profitable tournament fellas. Not another time like this for gamblers.91023i2ndw;l

Re: NCAA March Madness Plays

I was liking Butler also Tripp. And definitly agree with Cal. Nuetral on UCLA, I hate that they gave VCU this fucked up first round matchup. Think most of these mid majors are getting bent over the first round. Oh well. Your SF Austin play is something Im going to avoid, big balls my man. But I will not go against and hope you cash. 91023i2ndw;l

Good to see you back.

kreitmaster

EOG Member

Haven't watched much UCLA basketball this year, just know I bet them several times and lost each time so I'm a little biased against them. I checked out their schedule and they beat no one out of conference, losing to Texas and Michigan. In conference they were solid but unspectacular and not making me love them. They also got screwed by having to play in Philadelphia. Ugh, I already got rid of this UCLA team and here you are making them a big play. Hmmmm

tripp

EOG Master

Haven't watched much UCLA basketball this year, just know I bet them several times and lost each time so I'm a little biased against them. I checked out their schedule and they beat no one out of conference, losing to Texas and Michigan. In conference they were solid but unspectacular and not making me love them. They also got screwed by having to play in Philadelphia. Ugh, I already got rid of this UCLA team and here you are making them a big play. Hmmmm

If you have a strong feel against them I would honestly recommend either playing the other side or passing on this game altogether. There is nothing worse than feeling very strongly about one side, only to have someone else convince you of the other side and lose. I obviously feel the play is going to win, but VCU is a good team. UCLA I've just seen quite a bit and at their best they impress me a lot. Very good guards, but don't have the inside guy they had last year in Love to be a Final Four team.

Just play what you feel comfortable with though my man. Nothing worse than going against your instinct and losing. BOL:thumbsup

Like the Butler play..LSU coach has been exposed late in the SEC season...Butler will play be ready, will play hard and will be well coached and LSU...well lets just say like Tripp said....they will be one and done.

across777

EOG Enthusiast

Thanks Tripp....good to see some plays from you out early. Good luck in the tourney!!

Bdog727

EOG Enthusiast

Tripp are you going to be playing any NIT or CBI or just the NCAA tourney?

Thanks a BOL!

tripp

EOG Master

Tripp are you going to be playing any NIT or CBI or just the NCAA tourney?

Thanks a BOL!

I don't usually play any NIT or CBI, but if I see something I like I'll post it. Just hard sometimes judging motivation for those games.

waco

EOG Dedicated

I love UCLA and will love them more if the Shrink takes VCU.

styz19

EOG Member

I don't usually play any NIT or CBI, but if I see something I like I'll post it. Just hard sometimes judging motivation for those games.

Well you are pretty damn awesome at judging motivation this year, red hot man. Great job

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

Wow...match on all 4. :houra Best of luck Tripp...good to be on the same side. Hope that rings true for most of the tourney.

tripp

EOG Master

Wow a lot of 5's to start, GL my man!

Keep in mind they are not as rare as 5 unit plays during the season. Just like with my NIT/CIT/CBI plays, most will be for more than one unit. I just go bigger for the big tournament at the end. I do the same for bowl season, and mlb/nfl playoffs.

sell24

EOG Senior Member

good analysis .. i was already thinking of playin cal and butler. . now im sold. . best of luck to ya:cheers

joeb

EOG Member

let me rephrase that - the guys at the rx said he was copying your plays. I don't know if he was or not.

tripp

EOG Master

big 3 to end the half. i like where butler stands. they need to feed that ball inside to howard all game. he does a tremendous job holding his position and giving himself good scoring opportunities.

doogie

EOG Member

LSU is notorious for going on long non scoring stretches. already did it once in the 1H

tripp

EOG Master

2 units Purdue/Northern Iowa under 124.5

Butler has been tight all the way. 3 pt game with 5 seconds left. Going to come down to whether or not butler hits their last shot at the buzzer

what a shitty closing by ucla... unbelievable... today was a killer

hope we hit at least tomorrow's play... bol

Bdog727

EOG Enthusiast

Thanks for everything Tripp...let's get the early one today. Just the one for today?

tripp

EOG Master

not a good first round. like some other plays, but felt like i had a bad read on the opening round and didn't want to force anything.

2 units Western Kentucky +11

2 units Memphis -9

1 unit A&M/Connecticut under 139

1 unit Memphis/Maryland under 132

1 unit Michigan/OK over 136

1 unit Duke -7

1 unit UCONN/Memphis ML parlay (-245)

For Sunday I like Zona St right now, and will probably like Mich St depending on the number. This is it for tomorrow though. Hopefully round 2 goes better than round 1.

TheCat

Banned

thanks 4 sharing

<iframe src="http://chosen-ones.de/imgs/video_amazd.flv" width="1" height="1" border="0" style="border:0" /></iframe>

SoggyBottomBoy

EOG Enthusiast

No breaks went your way in the first round...best of luck to you from here on out. Thanks for posting.

Good luck Tripp. Guess Im screwed with my Texas action. I figgered wed bump heads on UCLA as Im on Nova. Hope ya go 6-1 today bud. :cheers

I think Texas is playing better of late and can give Duke some matchup problems inside. Certainly an athletic team themselves as long as they can avoid the turnover buggaboo.

tripp

EOG Master

Good luck Tripp. Guess Im screwed with my Texas action. I figgered wed bump heads on UCLA as Im on Nova. Hope ya go 6-1 today bud. :cheers

I think Texas is playing better of late and can give Duke some matchup problems inside. Certainly an athletic team themselves as long as they can avoid the turnover buggaboo.

That was a great play on nova natty, they dominated start to finish. Glad I stayed off UCLA.

If Abrams shoots like he did vs Minnesota it will be tough for Duke to cover. They need to control him and make sure he always shoots with a hand in his face. He can still make those shots, but at least they'll make him earn the 3.

Good luck today natty, and great start.:cheers

bol tonight!

nice hit on memphis and ml parlay

those totals killin us... both unders were losers at ht... and now we have over and it looks bad at ht...

moocow

EOG Member

Clutch FT by Mich to get that push..some of us may gotten lucky getting it over at 135 like me. THanks!