KHL will be greater than NHL very soon

glavlit

EOG Member
couple of years. us economy will kill sports. players will like tax treatment and less scheduled games overseas. europe format far superior to bungling nhl heads.

Stiven

EOG Enthusiast
Re: KHL will be greater than NHL very soon

Um, the KHL is already having financial trouble, any suggestion that the NHL will very soon be dethroned is uneducated I think.

No offense, but they NHL will eliminate teams and cut costs before they lower themselves to the KHL..

Its not even close man

lol, I enjoy to go to a few flyers game every now and then but hockey as a hole is dead. No TV money...

I just was raised on 3 sports baseball, basketball, and football. . .

Can't follow the puck, and just can't watch it on TV.

Stiven

EOG Enthusiast

lol, I enjoy to go to a few flyers game every now and then but hockey as a hole is dead. No TV money...

I just was raised on 3 sports baseball, basketball, and football. . .

Can't follow the puck, and just can't watch it on TV.

Ya, but you grew up in the States. Come to Canada and its hockey crazy (obviously).

Hockey gets this bad face because of the Commish, Gary the Weasel Bettman and his shady shady behavior.

There is little doubt that Ontario could easily easily support another team, along with several other Canadian cities. However, Mr Bettman's agenda has been trying to forcefeed cities, with absolutely no market for the game, teams, Revenue sharing etc.

Hockey is far far from dead. Fact is there are several US teams that have for years been well supported and are financially sound. It are the teams like Phoenix, Nashville, Florida, Tampa, teams without any fucking snow that are dying.

The NHL should cut several teams, but we are certainly not in any danger of folding

Dude, I've tried and tried to get into just to keep up with my sports knowledge but I just can't.

Stanley Cup game 7 and a shoot out, I might take a peek.

glavlit

EOG Member

agree with the stiven poster. man named bettman is very bad and teams of warm weather tend to not fare very well. a contraction would be good indicator of bad times but would be wise move business for league.

Stiven

EOG Enthusiast

Dude, I've tried and tried to get into just to keep up with my sports knowledge but I just can't.

Stanley Cup game 7 and a shoot out, I might take a peek.

Ya at the same time have you ever played hockey competitivly? Im not trying to take a shot at you or anything, but it's and unbelievably fun sport to play, and can be appreciated so much more.

the stanley cup playoffs are as about as intense as you will get with sports and thats why the say its the hardest trophy to win, the games are unreal. People who give hockey a chance and like it end up loving it.

Stiven

EOG Enthusiast

agree with the stiven poster. man named bettman is very bad and teams of warm weather tend to not fare very well. a contraction would be good indicator of bad times but would be wise move business for league.

If we were flourishing (in the states, the economy isnt near as bad in Canada atm) economically, itd STILL be a good idea to contract a bit, like even 2 teams, then just relocate a couple others to places like Winnipeg, Hamilton, and then try seatle or kansas city.

I just dont agree man that the KHL is NEAR where the NHL is, the first year has been a major major failure, already reports Jagr wants to jump back to the NHL.