TELL ME THE TRUTH

WINBET

EOG Dedicated
I've been skeptical of Governments for best on 20 Years and generally of everything in the last 5 Years. I now hate going out because the World is full of Idiots that just wind me up with their stupidness.

I can quite happily get on with my life never stepping outside the door (with the exception of a 5 minute drive to a stranded beach) and feel like I'm missing nothing.

Outside My Properties which I realised Years ago have no value because I will die without using the assets, I have ?50k in various funds, ?20k in shares for tax reasons and about ?50k in Books. The 50K is nice for scalps which realistically are few and far between so with the rest is not really earning.

While I have not lost Money in this latest nonsense, is it time to invest in the stock market even though I know its full of bullshitters who havent a clue. Or should I take the plunge and double my Bank for Betting, knowing that trying to double your bets is tougher to do on the betting markets.

Of course I'm not that stupid to ask you Idiots for advice, just looking forward to a few laughs at the nonsense you will come up with. :LMAO:cheers

scrimmage

What you contemplate you imitate
Re: TELL ME THE TRUTH

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Usurious Bastards

by Ed Encho
Excerpts from:
http://existentialistcowboy.blogspot.com/2009/03/usurious-bastards.html

As the conventional wisdom goes, the stock market is predicated on trust and as a crusty old uncle of mine once said to a young and impressionable teenager with zero knowledge of the way that the world really worked: ?trust me is just another two letter word that means the same as fuck you.?

In phase two of the ongoing SPLURGE (any similarity to the con-game called the surge that allowed us to become winners in Iraq is fully intentioned), on Tuesday[3/24/2009] night, our very own national Teflon coated bullshit salesman, President Barack Obama, the banker?s gofer and shill for the new generation began to sell it to the saps and a marvelous job he is doing.

This man my friends is no new Roosevelt, he is the devil in disguise and he (as many progressives had warned) is in the bag for the establishment. What we really have is a by proxy continuation of the Clinton administration, of course Hillary was to have been the one but in the waning days of the ruinous Bush-Cheney neocon war on America it was just too tough to pimp another dynasty so the crooks who run the system found another pitchman. I cannot possibly articulate the sense of disgust and betrayal that I am experiencing as I write this, it is very difficult to restrain my gag reflex and keep from vomiting on my keyboard because once again the scum wins again and Americans have been played for chumps. Nobel Prize winning economist Paul Krugman and columnist for the damned liberal New York Times put it best in his Monday[3/23/2009] column Financial Policy Despair:
Over the weekend The Tmes and other newspapers reported leaked details about the Obama administration?s bank rescue plan, which is to be officially released this week. If the reports are correct, Tim Geithner, the Treasury secretary, has persuaded President Obama to recycle Bush administration policy ? specifically, the ?cash for trash? plan proposed, then abandoned, six months ago by then-Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson.

This is more than disappointing. In fact, it fills me with a sense of despair.

But the Geithner scheme would offer a one-way bet: if asset values go up, the investors profit, but if they go down, the investors can walk away from their debt. So this isn?t really about letting markets work. It?s just an indirect, disguised way to subsidize purchases of bad assets.

The likely cost to taxpayers aside, there?s something strange going on here. By my count, this is the third time Obama administration officials have floated a scheme that is essentially a rehash of the Paulson plan, each time adding a new set of bells and whistles and claiming that they?re doing something completely different. This is starting to look obsessive.

But the real problem with this plan is that it won?t work. Yes, troubled assets may be somewhat undervalued. But the fact is that financial executives literally bet their banks on the belief that there was no housing bubble, and the related belief that unprecedented levels of household debt were no problem. They lost that bet. And no amount of financial hocus-pocus ? for that is what the Geithner plan amounts to ? will change that fact.

You might say, why not try the plan and see what happens? One answer is that time is wasting: every month that we fail to come to grips with the economic crisis another 600,000 jobs are lost.
Now that it has become pretty apparent that Obama is just more of the same and like Bush has his own legions of cultlike devotees and apologists we can all just take Bobby Knight's advice that if rape is intevitable relax and enjoy it because really what choice do we really have?

Before it even really started the revolution has been hijacked, progressives are still getting the shaft, the Employee Free Choice Act is going to be dead on arrival, there is NO antiwar movement if the media refuses to acknowledge that there is a fucking war and even the Ron Paul movement libertarians have been marginalized by the old fool's proclivity to ghettoize himself and keep showing up at Nazi bund meetings like CPAC and regularly appearing on FOX.

The oligarchy has it's shit together, this is their homefield, they own the refs and there is no replay booth. Welcome to chumpland, when a show like HBO's Real Time With Bill Maher features Keith Olbermann as a guest and they both mock the very real detention camps by conflating their existence with the weeping, at the edge of sanity fascist basket case Glenn Beck it's a done deal that the agents have seized control of all phones and the only way out of the matrix will be in a body bag.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

I'm RED HOT

I had Villanova today and at anytime I am famous for a 2 - 3 game max
winning streak

Ya may want to "jump onboard"

scrimmage

What you contemplate you imitate

Excerpts below from:
http://thearchdruidreport.blogspot.com/2009/03/galloping-with-blinkers-on.html

It?s a pity that Toynbee didn?t live long enough to see the current economic debacle, as there has rarely been a better example of the phenomenon he outlined. Consider the way that nobody in American political life has anything to offer in the face of economic crisis but more attempts to reinflate a bubble like the ones that popped in 1987, 2002, and 2008. All sides are declaiming about economic growth, at a time when further economic growth in the current sense of that phrase is the last thing America needs. A sane strategy would seek economic contraction instead ? a massive downsizing of the banking and finance sector until our annual production of debt has some relationship to our annual production of goods and nonfinancial services; a steady decrease in energy use across the board until US energy use per capita equals that of Europe, about a third of the present US level; the systematic rebuilding of American manufacturing and agriculture protected by trade barriers, which would require Americans to pay prices reflecting American wages for their consumer goods; and so forth.

Conventional wisdom insists that any such program would be rejected by the American people. I?m not at all sure that that?s true; many people in the working class, I suspect, would be quite willing to accept higher prices for consumer goods in exchange for a return of manufacturing jobs and a sustained drop in housing costs. Still, nothing of the kind will be proposed at any level where the necessary decisions could be made, because such a program flies in the face of the set of economic solutions that Americans from the middle class on up want to apply ? even though those ?solutions,? which amount to flooding imaginary wealth into a broken system, have themselves become a major cause of the crises shaking our economy to its core.

One of the telltale signs that a creative minority has become a dominant minority is that failure no longer carries any penalty. Consider what happened to executives and middle management in the last quarter century or so when their actions, as so often happened, drove their companies into the ground. The number of them who had trouble finding new jobs was vanishingly small; members of a well-networked class that generally takes care of its own, they were shielded from the consequences of their own incompetence. Even those who openly looted failing companies rarely suffered any penalty, since this has long been standard practice in American corporate life; the cult of the bonus and the plundering of business assets to line the pockets of executives reaches far beyond the handful of financial firms where it has recently become infamous.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Consider what happened to executives and middle management in the last quarter century or so when their actions, as so often happened, drove their companies into the ground.

THANKS FOR THE UGLY REMINDER... LOOK AT FIORNA OF HP .... SUCH A HELLVA DEAL ....

DISGUSTING

Never play the other man's game. The stock market is a sucker's game that is rigged for the insiders. Everyone else is a mark. If you are liquid or have access to reasonably-priced liquidity and don't mind doing your research, there are bargains to be had as a result of the current misfortunes.