Luckiest win I have ever gotten....

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated
Anyone have money on the women's tourney Okla-Pitt game just now?

6:09 remaining in game.. OKla up 70-47 and giving 12... I have Pitt..

Pitt goes on a 12-0 over the last 6:09 including a backdoor cover layup with 10 seconds left to lose 70-59 and cover... No points for Okla the last 6:09 of game.... No BS fouls by Pitt... :houra

Re: Luckiest win I have ever gotten....

Did you watch until the end, or did you give up and then come across the final after it finished?

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

I didn't watch any of it. I can bet women's basketball but I can't watch it. I had the gametracker up on CBSsportsline. I figured I lost earlier and just clicked over to see 70-57 with about 15 secs left and sure enough there goes the red highlighted box for a Pitt layup. Then I'm begging for no fouls and it just ends.. very satisfying.. not deserving...

THE HITMAN

EOG Dedicated

Maybe a bit off-topic, but this one remains a real sweet spot in my heart:
It was about 27-28 years ago & I was punching tickets as a clerk at Gulfstream racetrack. At that time, the old manual punch machines were in use. Longer story short: A guy asked for 6 tix on a perfecta combo right before the bell. He didn't have money to pay for them & bolted.........I started to yell for the tote man to come & cancel them out, but he was down on the other end of the line & the bell went off. I was pissed cause I was going to have to eat the tickets.

Well,the thing came in and the (mine now) tix were worth a little over $1000, a tidy,tidy sum for that time. And, it was close to the end of the meet, so it came in really handy since the track was closing soon.
Funny, I can't tell you what I ate for lunch 3 days ago, but I can remember the lead horse's name, Bold Sunrise, # 4.

I thought the guy would come back & try to claim at least part of his tickets. But, no. And since they were individuals, I cashed one at a time and avoided the tax window.