CUTLER JUST TRADED TO.................

tripp

EOG Master
Re: CUTLER JUST TRADED TO.................

Very good trade by Denver. Can't believe they got so much for this guy when everyone knew they were pressed to trade him. Orton is not as bad as people are making him out to be. Is he good? No, he's certainly not one of the better starting QB's in the league. He's not a guy that will turn any team into a playoff team. He's a worthwhile starter though. To get that AND two first round picks AND a third round pick is amazing. Great job by Denver.

I think Chicago did well with this trade also. They got a cry baby in return for all those picks and Orton, but they got a talented cry baby. Cutler will be a top 5 QB in his prime, and is already a top 10 QB in the league. Does this make Chicago a threat for the Super Bowl? Absolutely not. Does it make them a threat for the playoffs? Yes.

NFC North going to be pretty good this year. Green Bay and Minnesota still have good teams, and are still probably better than Chicago. Going to be a tight race in that division though.

tripp

EOG Master

Who gives a crap about Denver now...Da Bears are pre season division favs right now and they have the best QB in the division right now :cheers

Give me Aaron Rodgers over Jay Cutler any day. Chicago should not be the favorite in this division. Minnesota and Green Bay are still better.

Good point tripp

All the attention on Chicago and Minnesota......should be able to get nice prices on GB to win the division

rjt721

EOG Master

All things considered, Broncos made out very well with this deal.

Fuck the NFL. It's baseball season.

felonee

EOG Veteran

Cutler has nobody to throw to on the Bears and only one decent offensive lineman....this is gonna be a brutal year for him

tripp

EOG Master

Cutler has nobody to throw to on the Bears and only one decent offensive lineman....this is gonna be a brutal year for him

Quite a big difference between Brandon Marshall and Devin Hester. He will find that out soon enough.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

If Pace can stay healthy, which is a big if, then they have him at the LT, Kreutz still in the middle and they can move Chris Williams to the right side. That would be very formidable line.

Hester will be a 1000 yard receiver with him throwing him the ball. Devin was open deep at least once a game, wide open, last year and Orton would consistently miss him. That won't happen now.

Top 10 quarterback, but not Top 5 and certainly not #1 like ESPN analysts recently voted on

Whenever discussing Elway think of this. Did the Dolphins draft a QB in the first round when Marino was in his early 30s? Did the 49ers with Montana? Did the Packers with Favre? Have the Colts with Manning? Have the Pats with Brady?

No to all of the above. But yes in Elway's case.

Gotta love morons that still use this argument. News flash he didnt get along with the Dan Reeves. Had nothing to do with his ability.

Very good trade by Denver. Can't believe they got so much for this guy when everyone knew they were pressed to trade him. Orton is not as bad as people are making him out to be. Is he good? No, he's certainly not one of the better starting QB's in the league. He's not a guy that will turn any team into a playoff team. He's a worthwhile starter though. To get that AND two first round picks AND a third round pick is amazing. Great job by Denver.

I think Chicago did well with this trade also. They got a cry baby in return for all those picks and Orton, but they got a talented cry baby. Cutler will be a top 5 QB in his prime, and is already a top 10 QB in the league. Does this make Chicago a threat for the Super Bowl? Absolutely not. Does it make them a threat for the playoffs? Yes.

NFC North going to be pretty good this year. Green Bay and Minnesota still have good teams, and are still probably better than Chicago. Going to be a tight race in that division though.

His trade value was high when multiple teams wanted him. Shows how bad the QBing is in the league.

Remember guys Cutler is coming from the same system that made Brian Greise and Jake Plummer Pro Bowlers. Shanny system was always credited with keeping the INTs down. That was until Cutler came along. I bet he throws more INTs than TDs next year,

Gotta love morons that still use this argument. News flash he didnt get along with the Dan Reeves. Had nothing to do with his ability.

You know why he didn't get along with Dan Reeves? Because he was a turnover machine. ONE more TD than INT in his first 10 years.

I made a very good argument in another thread dedicated to this. It's funny that the critiques weren't made in that thread. I'll bump it later tonight and see if you will respond then.

You know why he didn't get along with Dan Reeves? Because he was a turnover machine. ONE more TD than INT in his first 10 years.

I made a very good argument in another thread dedicated to this. It's funny that the critiques weren't made in that thread. I'll bump it later tonight and see if you will respond then.

Maybe the fact that he was a 1 man team had something to do with it? Who was Elways pro bowlers? All those other QBs you mentioned were surounded by either talent coaching or both. Elway had niether until shanny got there.

OK ..there Mr. Tripp well just see what kind of year your Denver Bronco's have...only time will tell. Hogan is on record saying they have just screwed up trading "as you say a top 5 QB"..who knows he might be in his prime next year...bad bad trade for Denver and great job by Da Bears. Mr. Tripp you have your opinion and Hogan has his and I'm loving Mr. Cutler with the Bears and out of the 32 year old Bozo's hair...See ya Denver...Kyle Orton :LMAO

tripp

EOG Master

OK ..there Mr. Tripp well just see what kind of year your Denver Bronco's have...only time will tell. Hogan is on record saying they have just screwed up trading "as you say a top 5 QB"..who knows he might be in his prime next year...bad bad trade for Denver and great job by Da Bears. Mr. Tripp you have your opinion and Hogan has his and I'm loving Mr. Cutler with the Bears and out of the 32 year old Bozo's hair...See ya Denver...Kyle Orton :LMAO

Why are they "my" Denver Broncos?:+clueless

I am a Jets fan and would have loved to see Cutler in a Jets uni. I would not be happy, however, if they gave up two first round picks, a third round pick, and a player to get him. I think that is a bit much.

In the end though I think this helps both teams. It gives Denver way more than they should have gotten for him, and it gives Chicago a chance at the playoffs.

Give me Aaron Rodgers over Jay Cutler any day. Chicago should not be the favorite in this division. Minnesota and Green Bay are still better.

Nope...Hogan says Chicago is now Da Big Dog in Da Division because of Cutler...only time will tell here again Mr. Tripp. Hogan will be reminding you from time time this coming NFL season...so be ready for Cutler and Da Bears :cheers

Quite a big difference between Brandon Marshall and Devin Hester. He will find that out soon enough.

Quite a difference between the Bear defense and the Bronco defense also...Defense wins championships and with a QB who can take a team down the field...DA Bears will win big ......Hoganknows :cheers

If Pace can stay healthy, which is a big if, then they have him at the LT, Kreutz still in the middle and they can move Chris Williams to the right side. That would be very formidable line.

Hester will be a 1000 yard receiver with him throwing him the ball. Devin was open deep at least once a game, wide open, last year and Orton would consistently miss him. That won't happen now.

Thank you Timely...you see what is coming together for Da Bears :cheers

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Hester might get a 1000....only when they expand the schedule to 18 games....:+textinb3

Why are they "my" Denver Broncos?:+clueless

I am a Jets fan and would have loved to see Cutler in a Jets uni. I would not be happy, however, if they gave up two first round picks, a third round pick, and a player to get him. I think that is a bit much.

In the end though I think this helps both teams. It gives Denver way more than they should have gotten for him, and it gives Chicago a chance at the playoffs.

OH now if Cutler went to Jets..it is OK...Do you like him or not.

Jets would have loved to have Jay Cutler..Pro Bowl QB in NY :thumbsup

felonee

EOG Veteran

"Bears Defense" was 21st out of 32 teams in yards per game and they played Detroit twice....and they gave up 75 points to the Vikes over two games? This is an improvement for the Bears, but IF they make the playoffs, they still are one and done...

kermit

EOG Enthusiast

Anyone who puts Cutler on some pedestal is not paying attention. The guy is a spoiled little brat ! I have seen him have a little tizzy when one of his receivers drops a pass or runs the wrong pattern. However nothing ever is his fault. This guy has never won a big game but has thrown countless interceptions in crunch time. Big stats mean nothing. Cutler has a ton of talent but like Owens doesn't have what it takes as far as team chemistry. I predict this trade will be the best thing that has happened to Denver in the long run. They will have 4 first round draft picks in the next 2 years to help them rebuild their pathetic defense. Bears will give the spoiled brat a big raise and will go nowhere. JMHO

dustdevil

EOG Dedicated

Remember guys Cutler is coming from the same system that made Brian Greise and Jake Plummer Pro Bowlers. Shanny system was always credited with keeping the INTs down. That was until Cutler came along. I bet he throws more INTs than TDs next year,

Laughable statement about td-int ratio. We'll see next year. Love the trade.

tripp

EOG Master

OH now if Cutler went to Jets..it is OK...Do you like him or not.

Jets would have loved to have Jay Cutler..Pro Bowl QB in NY :thumbsup

I never said I didn't like him. I said 1) he is getting overrated a bit, which he is. I would say the same if he was in a Jets uni. He is a very talented QB, but he is a baby, and not a top 3-5 qb right now, which people are making him out to be. and 2) they gave up too much for him. I even said that with the Jets comment. I would like to see him in a Jets uni, but not if they had to give that much for him.

Never said he wasn't incredibly talented, because he is. Simply said people are making too much of him, and they gave up too much. It will improve the Bears though, never disagreed with that.

BCTTWR

EOG Dedicated

After reading some of these posts, no wonder I win every year betting NFL football. Cutler is a Jeff George clone. Great highlights on ESPN but with all his weapons on offense, Cutler always managed to blow it in the end. Fade the Bears.

d ray

EOG Dedicated

:party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party:

LOL @ GB probably still better then Chicago, what'd they win like 6 games last year...HAHAHAHAHA
good 1 tripp!

After reading some of these posts, no wonder I win every year betting NFL football. Cutler is a Jeff George clone. Great highlights on ESPN but with all his weapons on offense, Cutler always managed to blow it in the end. Fade the Bears.
If you have been fading Cutler...you have made a lot of money the past few years

Nobody has answered Hogan's Triva question about the last great Bear QB who was a Vandy Grad. Who was it?

Hoganknows only time will tell with Jay Cutler and the Bears...but Hoganknows this...the Bears are a hell of lot better at the QB postion right now than they were a week ago and Denver...well what are they going to do for a QB...KO:+clueless Nope :LMAO.

Are Bear fans excited ..Hell yes and what are Bronco fans doing..well :+clueless

Go Bears..Titans..Vandy :thumbsup

texansfan

EOG Master

This will be his 3rd season guys..I'd take him in a heart beat

Only 3 other QB's in last two years throw for over 8,000 yards and 40 tD's and Kyle Orton sure ain't one of them :LMAO

I like how you always put out the 40 td's stat but yet you never mention the 30 plus interceptions he has thrown to go with it.

I like how you always put out the 40 td's stat but yet you never mention the 30 plus interceptions he has thrown to go with it.

or the no playoff appearances...or the horrific 4 game tank job to finish last season and not make the playoffs, or the diva "trade me" crybaby act only to follow with..."that's not me, I didn't want to be traded".

Fat dude will be swallowed hole in Chicago. This Chigago Tribune columnist nails it on the head.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...sey-jay-cutler-bears-chapr03,0,4048493.column

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

Nobody has answered Hogan's Triva question about the last great Bear QB who was a Vandy Grad. Who was it?

Hoganknows only time will tell with Jay Cutler and the Bears...but Hoganknows this...the Bears are a hell of lot better at the QB postion right now than they were a week ago and Denver...well what are they going to do for a QB...KO:+clueless Nope :LMAO.

Are Bear fans excited ..Hell yes and what are Bronco fans doing..well :+clueless

Go Bears..Titans..Vandy :thumbsup

whats the anwer....i'm curious.

Deal is even worse than first mentioned.....

Two firsts, a third, and Orton, for Cutler and a fifth

Cheers to the Broncos for pulling off a great deal with your backs to the wall.

dustdevil

EOG Dedicated

As a die hard Bears fan I like the deal. Gave up 2 firsts for him, but Bears screwed the pooch with their high picks anyways. Give me a 25 year old qb entering his prime and should be there for another 10 years anyday for a couple of draft picks. High draft picks are over rated in football anyways IMO. They'll be begging for Cutler back when they have a Simms - Orton combo next year. Love the deal. Now let's grab some young athletic receivers and see where we are. I'm excited to see how this pans out.