DENVER @ LA LAKERS

Ned

EOG Veteran
This game sets up perfectly, the Lakers appear to have become quite defensive, as they have played 8 of their last 9 under, and that is holding this one down.

THE 8 UNDERS AND OFFENSIVE RANK OF OPPONENT OUT OF 30 TEAMS:

CHARLOTTE 29
DET 28
LA CL 27
OKC 23
ATL 20
HOU 18
NJ 17
MILW 15 (worse late with injuries)

As you can see they played no offensive team in their 8-0 under run, and when they did in their last game the total points scored were 226, and their previous game before all the soft offensive teams was 226 vs Chicago.

LA LAKERS THIS SEASON VS TOP 10 OFFENSES IN POINTS SCORED:

24 GAMES:

23 of the 24 games the Lakers went over 100 95.8%
14 of the 24 games the Lakers went over 110 58.3%

THE DENVER NUGGETS:

Went through offensive slump, scoring just 95.4ppg as they went 6-9 in the process:

Last year they closed with 23 of 24 OVER 100 points

They have currently scored 100+ in 14 straight games

VS TEAMS WITH TOP 10 OFFENSE AVG 104.8ppg

NUGGETS 14 in a row over 100: AVG 113.7ppg

MANY will point to the last game vs the Lakers:

The Nuggets were in a stretch of scoring 100 points in just 5 of 15 games, and averaging just 95ppg, they are now averaging 113.7ppg

The Lakers are a false under with all 8 unders vs teams in the bottom half of the league right now in offense.

DENVER/LA LAKERS OVER 210

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere
Re: DENVER @ LA LAKERS

Good luck Ned...2nd thoughts on the under now. Might have to buy out.

tool21

EOG Dedicated

Just to criticize a bit because i always look for info that doesn't make sense....

LA LAKERS THIS SEASON VS TOP 10 OFFENSES IN POINTS SCORED:

24 GAMES:

23 of the 24 games the Lakers went over 100 95.8% Good
14 of the 24 games the Lakers went over 110 58.3% Good

THE DENVER NUGGETS:

Went through offensive slump, scoring just 95.4ppg as they went 6-9 in the process: ?

Last year they closed with 23 of 24 OVER 100 points This is has nothing to do with this year. Different team different players, different style.

They have currently scored 100+ in 14 straight games What kind of defenses have they played?

VS TEAMS WITH TOP 10 OFFENSE AVG 104.8ppg What does the opponents offense have anything to do with how many points Denver scores? It would make more sense saying 'vs teams with top 10 defense avg'

NUGGETS 14 in a row over 100: AVG 113.7ppg Again, how do the opponents defenses ranked?

MANY will point to the last game vs the Lakers:

The Nuggets were in a stretch of scoring 100 points in just 5 of 15 games, and averaging just 95ppg, they are now averaging 113.7ppg Again, quality of defenses is a big thing.

The Lakers are a false under with all 8 unders vs teams in the bottom half of the league right now in offense. Their last game just went over.

DENVER/LA LAKERS OVER 210

Ned

EOG Veteran

here we go again:

Last year they closed with 23 of 24 OVER 100 points This is has nothing to do with this year. Different team different players, different style.

If you don't think it has anything to do with this year, then keep capping the games the way you cap them, and live with your results. The coach is the same, if you do your homework:

GEORGE KARL:

last 22 games 06-07 NUGGETS: 107.9ppg
last 23 games 07-08 NUGGETS : 119.3ppg
last 14 games 08-09 NUGGETS: 113.7ppg

05-06 team riddled with injuries, 04-05 same thing big offensive numbers late.

MILWAUKEE 02-03:

last 20 games his team averaged more than they did during the rest of the season.

The coach dictates the tempo not the players!!!!
EXAMPLE:

The Knicks averaged 96.9ppg last year, this year they average 105.3ppg.

QUESTION TO YOU: different players, different year...are you serious? THE COACH DICTATES THE TEMPO NOT THE PLAYERS!!!!

This is a joke, I have people that have no idea what they are talking about calling me out!

They have currently scored 100+ in 14 straight games What kind of defenses have they played?

The Lakers are 13th in the league on defense, they are a good defense, but they are a tempo team, that is why good offensive teams score against them

The Lakers allow 99.3ppg in the 14 game stretch, they played 3 games vs teams that are within 1.5 points per game of what the Lakers score and scored:

------
346/3 115.3ppg did better!

VS TEAMS WITH TOP 10 OFFENSE AVG 104.8ppg What does the opponents offense have anything to do with how many points Denver scores? It would make more sense saying 'vs teams with top 10 defense avg'

You really have no idea what this is all about, that is quite obvious. A team that scores a lot of points, doesn't mean they are a good offense, it means one of 3 things:
1) they are a good offense
2) they are an uptempo team
3) they are both

The Lakers take 40% of their shots within the first 10 seconds of the shot clock, and hit 55.6% of those shots, good for 37.6ppg

Denver takes 40% of their shots in the first 10 seconds of the shot clock, and shoots 57.3% good for 36.7ppg

Do you think I just sit here and throw up on this page, and hope for the best?

I get into great detail with what I put up here, but what I put up here is 10% of the reasons I have for a given game

I'm done responding to questions that might look savvy to an ameteur, but trust me, they are foolish, and shows you have no idea what is going on.

Do me a favor, and cap a game tomm. and let me see what you got. I would absolutely love to see what you come up with!

Ned

EOG Veteran

Just to criticize a bit because i always look for info that doesn't make sense....

If that doesn't sum it all up!!!! We have people here, that are going around and claiming they ALWAYS go around looking for things that don't make sense. Let me tell you why. You have no idea what you are doing!

tool21

EOG Dedicated

Thank you Ned. By me saying what i said earlier, a lot of viewers on this forum just learned a lot of information including myself. This is a public forum, which means we all have our opinions and our ways to cap. It's good to share information and learn off of others. Controversy isn't a bad thing, without it we would all be no where. G/L bud! :cheers You're a smart poster. 12io4j2w90

tool21

EOG Dedicated

I was merely stating my own thoughts when i was reading through the write up. I posted what didn't make sense to me, what is wrong with that, Ned? Obviously it worked because i got you to explain yourself more which now it does make sense.

TheBigRagu

EOG Veteran

Good Luck Ned, thanks as always...Tool i'm happy that you are on the other side, the way you have been picking lately.....

Hawks Fan

EOG Enthusiast

Ned thanks once again and glad to see you back.... Relax man, if they call you out does it really matter???

You know where you stand and what you are doing so if they question or don't really get it then who cares....

Tool why can't you just ask a question? Why do you feel the need to challenge and tell someone they are wrong? You could have just asked how Ned came to his conclusion and why but you have to be ignorant... Then Ned explains how he came to make this pick and you look like a fucking fool...

Hawks Fan

EOG Enthusiast

I was merely stating my own thoughts when i was reading through the write up. I posted what didn't make sense to me, what is wrong with that, Ned? Obviously it worked because i got you to explain yourself more which now it does make sense.

Not what you said but how you said it... Have some class. Ned is here posting his plays that he spends alot of time researching and then you call him out telling him he is wrong and rather ignorantly I might add...

Have some class

Ned

EOG Veteran

Hawk's right, and thanks, coming in with the bold statement, that you ALWAYS go around looking for what is wrong, or doesn't make sense, really isn't a way to avoid controversy. It is a way to allienate. Questions are one thing, but when someone has to come in with that attitude, respectfully stay away please.

Hawks Fan

EOG Enthusiast

Ned, no problem... Just sick of seeing good, hard working posters who share some good info being harassed and run off...

I hope you decide to stick around... I really would like to find out how you go about your business and learn from it...

munson15

I want winners...

Thanks, Ned. I just got back from a road trip golfing and read the pick. GL and I appreciate the writeup.:cheers

Hennessey

EOG Dedicated

Ned, thanks for yet another winner. Haters check in now... Oh wait, probably won't.

Thank you Ned!

Sun Dodger

EOG Member

Nice pick, Ned!!

Glad you decided to post again. Very much appreciated.

Your record speaks for itself.

munson15

I want winners...

Thank you, Ned, and thanks to my golfing buddy, Bert, who drove over the limit all the way home to get me back in time to place the bet.:+textinb3