NBA PLAYOFF SYSTEM

Ned

EOG Veteran
Re: NBA PLAYOFF SYSTEM

Ok just so he doesn't distort the facts here is exactly what I emailed grreenfly:

Sorry but I have to reveal my true identity in the process, but I have been called out, so no choice in the matter. These stats are not housed by me they are housed at http:/XXX

NCAAF:

<TABLE class=sf_admin_list cellSpacing=0><THEAD><TR><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_handicapper_id>Handicapper </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_number_win>Win (desc) </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_number_loss>Loss </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_number_push>Push </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_timeframe>Weeks </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_percentage>Percentage </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_net_units>Net Units </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_roi>ROI </TH></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR class=sf_admin_row_><TD>Mr East</TD><TD>91</TD><TD>67</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>57.59%</TD><TD>78.24</TD><TD>12.58%</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

NFL:

<TABLE class=sf_admin_list cellSpacing=0><THEAD><TR><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_handicapper_id>Handicapper </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_number_win>Win (desc) </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_number_loss>Loss </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_number_push>Push </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_timeframe>Weeks </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_percentage>Percentage </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_net_units>Net Units </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_roi>ROI </TH></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR class=sf_admin_row_><TD>Mr East</TD><TD>80</TD><TD>60</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>57.14%</TD><TD>45.96</TD><TD>8.05%</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

NBA:

<TABLE class=sf_admin_list cellSpacing=0><THEAD><TR><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_handicapper_id>Handicapper </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_number_win>Win (desc) </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_number_loss>Loss </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_number_push>Push </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_timeframe>Days </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_percentage>Percentage </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_net_units>Net Units </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_roi>ROI </TH></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR class=sf_admin_row_><TD>Mr East</TD><TD>160</TD><TD>122</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>173</TD><TD>56.74%</TD><TD>82.04</TD><TD>8.54%</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

MLB:

<TABLE class=sf_admin_list cellSpacing=0><THEAD><TR><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_handicapper_id>Handicapper </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_number_win>Win (desc) </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_number_loss>Loss </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_number_push>Push </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_timeframe>Days </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_percentage>Percentage </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_net_units>Net Units </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_roi>ROI </TH></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR class=sf_admin_row_><TD>Mr East</TD><TD>89</TD><TD>81</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>57</TD><TD>52.35%</TD><TD>118.87</TD><TD>16.44%</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

There is 762 picks with an avg ROI of double-digits, let's see your track record

you can click on the name and it will take you to every writeup, and every game, with the results verified!

I'm ready Fly just let me know how much and when you want to start, and I'm all in!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ned

EOG Veteran

ALSO:

As for the challenge, I am immediately skeptical since I can guarantee myself a profit by accepting it and betting on whatever wagers Ned posts.

You will not see my picks until gametime has come and gone, they will be hidden. There are many sites that house this capability, and by no means would you see any pick I made until the game started, and likewise for yours, so your guarantee is nothing, until you win!

Ned

EOG Veteran

Ok just so he doesn't distort the facts here is exactly what I emailed grreenfly:

Sorry but I have to reveal my true identity in the process, but I have been called out, so no choice in the matter. These stats are not housed by me they are housed at http://

NCAAF:

<TABLE class=sf_admin_list cellSpacing=0><THEAD><TR><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_handicapper_id>Handicapper </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_number_win>Win (desc) </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_number_loss>Loss </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_number_push>Push </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_timeframe>Weeks </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_percentage>Percentage </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_net_units>Net Units </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_roi>ROI </TH></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR class=sf_admin_row_><TD>Mr East</TD><TD>91</TD><TD>67</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>57.59%</TD><TD>78.24</TD><TD>12.58%</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

NFL:

<TABLE class=sf_admin_list cellSpacing=0><THEAD><TR><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_handicapper_id>Handicapper </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_number_win>Win (desc) </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_number_loss>Loss </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_number_push>Push </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_timeframe>Weeks </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_percentage>Percentage </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_net_units>Net Units </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_roi>ROI </TH></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR class=sf_admin_row_><TD>Mr East</TD><TD>80</TD><TD>60</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>57.14%</TD><TD>45.96</TD><TD>8.05%</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

NBA:

<TABLE class=sf_admin_list cellSpacing=0><THEAD><TR><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_handicapper_id>Handicapper </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_number_win>Win (desc) </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_number_loss>Loss </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_number_push>Push </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_timeframe>Days </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_percentage>Percentage </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_net_units>Net Units </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_roi>ROI </TH></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR class=sf_admin_row_><TD>Mr East</TD><TD>160</TD><TD>122</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>173</TD><TD>56.74%</TD><TD>82.04</TD><TD>8.54%</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

MLB:

<TABLE class=sf_admin_list cellSpacing=0><THEAD><TR><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_handicapper_id>Handicapper </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_number_win>Win (desc) </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_number_loss>Loss </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_number_push>Push </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_timeframe>Days </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_percentage>Percentage </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_net_units>Net Units </TH><TH id=sf_admin_list_th_roi>ROI </TH></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR class=sf_admin_row_><TD>Mr East</TD><TD>89</TD><TD>81</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>57</TD><TD>52.35%</TD><TD>118.87</TD><TD>16.44%</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

There is 762 picks with an avg ROI of double-digits, let's see your track record

That's 4 sports Fly:

50.00 bettor made $16,255.50
100.00 bettor made 32,511.00
500.00 bettor made 162,555.00
1000.00 bettor made 325,110.00

high rollers 5,000.00 made 1.625 MILLION!!!!

Your so far out of your league Fly, but if your dumb enough, name your price, I know easy money when I see it, and I will donate your money that you stake, to charity

Hawks Fan

EOG Enthusiast

Oh shit!!! That is one impressive record Ned...

Really appreciate you being around here and sharing...:thumbsup

tool21

EOG Dedicated

Ha, this entire thread makes me chuckle. Guys fighting over a forum because their ego's are too big, lol. Ned, if you were making THAT much money you wouldn't give a shit about what ANYBODY on this forum says. You are a knowledgeable capper....but i just don't understand why you care about a few negative comments.

Ned

EOG Veteran

You want to know why? Think about it. I displayed 0 ego, until some idiots, that are allowed to rampage through these forums, jump in with their ignorance, so it's time to call them out, and put up or shutup! Can I stop them? NO! Their only purpose is to drive out the solid cappers, and get the negative attention they crave, you can spot them a mile away! They start off bleeding to death, always against someone doing good things, then when enough antagonististic behavior starts to threaten their existance, they temper it, and make themselves try to fit in. You can spot them a mile away. If I was a mod, I'd have a rule. One negative post and the IP address is permanently banned. Why they continue to put up with these people, and drive away those that post to the benefit of all, is a mystery to me. If they dealt with it from post one, every good capper would be here sharing. It is never too late mods, figure it out!

You know what the next step is here? I will leave and the talk will be about like the one that left before me, too bad the idiots drove him away.

Mods, do you see the same picture being painted over and over?

I negative comment and gone, and you will host the best forum on the net!!!

First owner, or mod that figures that out will win!

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

Well I guess you just banned yourself then, Ned. Calling people idiots and such. Very negative and uncalled for. See ya.

Ned thinks he just showed he is competant, he actually showed the exact opposite.

It appears he is a low functioning tout. I never heard of this "sports monitoring" site before he just posted. Among the problems with these types of "monitor" sites which have happened in the past....

-Anyone could have 18 or 25 or 50 monitored user names and of course one of them is bound to be doing well

-Ned could be the owner of the site and have any "record" he wants

-He could be friends with the owner and allowed to fudge his record.

Not accusing anyone of anything, but these are possible problems at these types of sites that have happened which preclude this 'documented record" from meaning anything at all.

And frankly I find Ned's arrogant tone offputting, unneccesary and CHILDISH.

He appears to be a very low functioning tout ( that website appears to be an attempt to sell picks). I will leave it to grreenfly if he wants to persue this Ned tout-tard, i have no interest in the guy.

Anyone who listens to him frankly deserves what they get, which currently I believe is 3-17 documented. LOL.

Mr.Bartender

EOG Enthusiast

I have been following these forums for about 6 months now, I am by no means a "capper". I am a casual gambler that enjoys reading others "takes" on the games i bet on. I pick games for small money, and put large money on games that some of the better cappers here take. There has been a tremendous amount of talent on these boards and there is always the guy like greenfly that takes a bet, loses once, and then calls the capper out as a moron, idiot, insertwhatevercommentyoulikehere.

No one is 100%, if one thing i have learned since beginning to gamble daily, it is you are going to lose, the best tip a wise capper here told me, was to bet the same unit on every bet you make. Dont parlay, dont tease, just straight up units and you will come out on top.

Since following that advice i am up around 21 units.

So i would like to congratulate you Ned, for both contributing to this great forum, and for sticking up for yourself. Hopefully greenfly wont chase you out of here, you are the type of people that make this forum great.

ouch

EOG Dedicated

Well I guess you just banned yourself then, Ned. Calling people idiots and such. Very negative and uncalled for. See ya.

Ned thinks he just showed he is competant, he actually showed the exact opposite.

It appears he is a low functioning tout. I never heard of this "sports monitoring" site before he just posted. Among the problems with these types of "monitor" sites which have happened in the past....

-Anyone could have 18 or 25 or 50 monitored user names and of course one of them is bound to be doing well

-Ned could be the owner of the site and have any "record" he wants

-He could be friends with the owner and allowed to fudge his record.

Not accusing anyone of anything, but these are possible problems at these types of sites that have happened which preclude this 'documented record" from meaning anything at all.

And frankly I find Ned's arrogant tone offputting, unneccesary and CHILDISH.

He appears to be a very low functioning tout ( that website appears to be an attempt to sell picks). I will leave it to grreenfly if he wants to persue this Ned tout-tard, i have no interest in the guy.

Anyone who listens to him frankly deserves what they get, which currently I believe is 3-17 documented. LOL.

If you take the hundreds of selections Ned has made at EOG exclusively, he is hitting very close to 60%. And that includes the 1 and 11 for the system in this thread.

His Bracketbuster selections (about 60/year for 3 years have hit between 60 and 65 percent alone. Not to mention many other systems that have produced winning selections.

Besides that, his analysis in write-ups has provided much food for thought for people who view this site.

I would suggest that Mr. Smith go back and view all of Ned's posts on EOG, add up what he has done, and then come back and talk about what is documented and not. Otherwise, your last post looks pretty silly.

munson15

I want winners...

No one seems to realize that we are all big boys and don't need to be protected from our fellow posters. When a thread goes cold, so does the traffic, it is a self-regulating system. When a particular individual's picks are hot, everyone is in there, congratulating him and telling him they are following. If things go south, you can hear the crickets chirp, it's so quiet. I've had it happen in my own threads.
Unfortunately, there will always be a minority of posters who, for whatever reason, think they are 'helping' by calling out a cappers' mode of operation, whether it's a system, a bad run of picks, or they just don't like the guy's style or confidence level. It can be anything, but there must be negativity. I have experienced very little of that, but have seen it play out over and over in my 27 months here.
Buffet Gambler, Russ Culver, Ned, the list goes on and on. Guys that spend a lot of time and effort in posting games should not be forced into defending their picks. If they win, great. If they lose, no one pays attention. To demand that they spend further time answering critics is unreasonable. If a legitimate question is asked, it is the thread starter who decides if it is worthy of a response. He may not have the time after researching the games, handicapping what he feels is good material and typing it up for us to read.
Let's take Ned as an example since this is about him at the moment. Why would a man like Ned take the time to post games? To help others win? Probably. To massage his own ego? Maybe, most people who are successful have some desire to be stroked at times. To bring unwitting players into a losing situation when they have nothing to gain from that losing? Probably not. Think about it. Ned has been wildly successful in CBB the last 2 years and put out 2 systems this season that won big, followed by one that tanked.
By most standards, he was way ahead. Of course, by the time the third thread started, his reputation preceded him, and that was most likely the one that had the most followers. When it went down in flames, Ned took it on the chin, and promised to do better next time. What more can you ask? Never did he tout anything but his latest system's ability to win. Wasn't selling anything but the idea that he had a winning way. So, I ask you, what did Ned have to gain from the exercise?
Not much, except the acknowledgement that he was onto something good. So, my wish would be that we could just stick to 'atta boy' when someone wins, or 'better luck next time' if he doesn't. If the thread starter has the time and inclination to discuss his selections, so much the better. There have been many cappers who I have enjoyed bantering with, and have learned a great deal. Never would it occur to me to go into a man's thread, especially in the sports forums, and insult, goad, and distract him from the task at hand.
Again, think about the posters no longer here for bases. Buffet Gambler, Russ Culver, etc. don't come here because they just wanted to post their picks and not be subjected to ridicule when things went sour, or when someone disagreed. I recently read someone say that Russ only posted underdogs. You know what, I only play underdogs, too, and I miss reading his posts. He posted once a day, rarely played more than one unit (when he posted 2 unit plays they were money) and long-term won money.
Critics are always undefeated. But what do they truly contribute? This notion of 10 of 11 coin-flipping is ridiculous, we're talking about people who have bet tens of thousands of games in their careers. Buffet Gambler's posts read like a mini-novel on each game he played. The information was top-notch, interesting and made the sport eminently beatable. His writeups were legendary. Now he doesn't post. Are we the richer for it? You decide.

Ned

EOG Veteran

Thanks, what I'll miss here the most is those that I might have made a positive difference in their lives. I don't need to, nor have I ever desired to gain anything here, what I truly wanted was to keep someone from going through what I did 25 yrs ago. I was a big sports fan, with a good math background, and thought this would be easy money. To make a long story short, I recklessly gambled myself right out of my house, dignity, and everything else, because I knew so much! There are a lot of stories out here, I'm not alone. I turned to Mike Warren who was the guru of the era in touts. He made things worse, so my taste for touts was immediately tarnished. I decided I would learn how to do this, and spent the better part of 15 yrs researching, reading, creating, following people that were better than me. I did not make a single wager, until I knew I found a way to beat what is a very efficient system. My story is a middle income reckless gambler, that went belly-up, got his feet on the ground, and became wealthy, by shear work ethic, and drive to be the best, and that drive burns in me today. What also burns in me is the horror, and nightmares I went through, and some perhaps have gone through worse. I never forgot that feeling of helplessness, nor will I ever. When I turned to someone to help me get out that I thought was a professional, all I got for my money was a professional marketer. To understand the inate hate, mistrust for touts, I completely understand that, more than most here. I was quite naive. I've lived on the otherside, I will never forget it. All I ever wanted to accomplish here was to open some eyes, make people that were heading down the path of destruction I took, and maybe help them see the light before they landed in that lonely place. I never had a nickels worth of commercial interest here, in fact some, a chosen few knew who I was and to their credit, didn't reveal, because they knew my intentions here were 100% sincere and good. The biggest joy I got were emails from many here, that told me they were getting killed until I turned the light on for them. That's the ego I need stroked! The one that gets an absolute pleasure out of seeing someone do something to their own benefit, because of input from me. That's worth millions to me, and unfortunately, very few here will ever understand that feeling. Sadly, all good things must come to an end. Please don't email me, for the simple reason that some of the ugly here will look for input, and I'm not here for them, or personal gain, other than satisfaction from helping. There are so many touts out there, and honestly, 80% of them lose, perhaps higher, some lose with great intentions, and dignity, others lose with great deceit and bad intentions, and some win, and aren't willing to share anything if there is no money in it, others freely share, because that is who they are. Sometimes good intentions turn bad, and unfortunately such is the case in 100% of all forums. There are many takers, but few givers.

I'll close and wish the best to everyone here, including grreen fly, and the rest of the doomsdayers, in the end you'll get what is coming to you, I'm a believer in Karma. I live by the credo of "To whom so much has been given, so much is expected." I expected to help, but when posts turn into a war of semantics, then the beneficiary seeks to exist in the manner for which it was intended.

I'm no better off for having been here, that's the part I think Munson connected on, I had nothing to gain, and nothing to lose, except precious time, and frustration. It is hard to find peace in this world, even trying to do good, it stirs a pot of ill will. A very sad commentary indeed.

If I owned a forum, I would complete abolish all rights of anyone that had anything negative to add, and nothing positive.

Why would a business owner make a decision to allow an unproductive member post nothing but negativity, that is fully attempted to negate something positive? Once the owners and mods learn to show these people the exit sign, people as mentioned above, including myself would be here to stay, but guess what, you drive us all away, and let the doomsdayers stay. One day someone will figure that out, but too late for me to want any part of it.

God Bless!!!! (including you grreen fly)...you cost me $0 but many here will feel you cost them plenty!

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

I dont read all the posts, or care, but grreenfly pointed out what he thought were errors in your methedology and self documented your record as best he could.

where is the problem with that though that gets these long drawn out missives about your feelings being hurt?

anyways, best of luck Ned, I do suggest you stop dishing it out when you cannot accept the slightest, even slightest, disagreement , and nothing further, with your selection system or plays.

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

I just dont get the guy. He is all over the place. In the 80-0 thread which I was looking thru, he said he has won every year in sportsbetting, not a single years exception. Now he says he went badly broke, but learned from it how to win. ( Seems to me he learned from it to sell picks, not win)

He says he does not like the negativity, but he calls people who disagree with him, idiots, broke gamblers, and more. I just dont get it. Sorry I got involved at all, this is forum drama stuff and nothing more

Grreen Fly

EOG Member

OK, I see what's going here now. Ned is simply a tout that uses EOG as a marketing tool, that's all. There are many well-known methods touts use to feign an impressive looking record. Mr. Smith mentioned a couple of them.

"I had nothing to gain, and nothing to lose"

This is misleading in the extreme. You have a business to run and you gain or lose customers based on your actions, in this case by what you post here. If you post faulty reasoning you should be prepared to defend it. So far your only defence has been "here's my record documented by people you've never heard of". I don't buy it. As for a contest where I don't get to see your picks until after the games start, I'll take a big pass on that. That's called past-posting. No wonder you can offer +200. If you are interested in compiling a record where you must pick before the games start like any normal person would expect then let me know.

57% is what you get when you reveal your picks after the games are over. When you get documented before the games start you get 5-20-1. That's how the tout world works.

munson15

I want winners...

Fly, if he's a tout, where were the come-ons when he won 2/3 of his picks back in Feb./Mar.? I'm telling you, it was unbelievable. Don't listen to Ned, listen to me. I won $1500 on his stuff in two weekends. The only thing you're right about is that his record is bad for the NBA playoffs so far.

Grreen Fly

EOG Member

Fly, if he's a tout, where were the come-ons when he won 2/3 of his picks back in Feb./Mar.?

You must have missed it earlier in the thread where he admitted to being a tout and posted the link of the site where he is "tracked" (which incidentally I am surprised is allowed here). As for Feb/Mar, I wasn't here obviously but I promise you if he was showing the same methodologies as I've seen recently I would have been very happy to challenge then as well.

I'm not a big results guy. I'm a big analysis guy. If your analysis is sound the results will take care of themselves in the long run. I believe by human nature we tend to remember our wins and forget our losses. As any good accountant will tell you, there are many techniques you can use to twist numbers and data.

Whenever a record gets tracked you need to have the rules as rigid and transparent as possible, as I've tried to do in the Asylum Experiment. "He won 2/3rds of his games a few months ago" or "these guys have monitored my picks and here's the record" just doesn't cut it for me, especially from someone who depends on selling his advice to make his living.

The analysis I posted here lies at the heart of the issues I have. That's where the true value of following Ned's methodologies lies. The fact that he's chosen to avoid that topic says a lot to me.

munson15

I want winners...

I didn't post the actual record only because I didn't have it handy, I used those results as an example, for Pete's sake. Please don't insult my intelligence by implying that I would simply throw out a statement like that without any backup. If you think I'm 'twisting numbers' I can tell you any record I want and you'll just say I'm full of shit. This is ridiculous, you are acting as judge, jury and executioner. Bracket Buster=40-27, +12 units. Conference tournaments=37-16, +20 units. Now tell me how stupid I am to not have questioned him then. If you had come into the thread back then, I would have missed out on some good money. The time I needed you to butt in was for the NCAA's when he tanked with 7-20 and I dropped 14.5 units.

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

He may be none other than Ace-Ace. Just a guess, but I had noticed similiarities ( other than the fake gibberish english he uses at RX)

Mr. East is his tout name

as in Allan Eastman? aka Ace-Ace?

http://www.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Personally, his attitude just ticked me off. Who the hell is he to be banning people from his threads and calling for them to be banned from the whole damned website? Meanwhile while talking himself up no end and giving bad gambling advice which upsets him if it is questioned. How DARE anyone question him, the expert.

Seems like what he became expert at after going broke gambling was learning people would pay him for picks, all he had to do was rope them in and sell.

He left his calling card for those interested, he wins at all sports, just ask him. The measly few dollars you pay him for his work will be well worth it if he is 1/2 as good as he says. So he uses this 'Ned" name to rope a few suckers in, probably contact them by e-mail and hustle them on over for all of his other picks, hits them with his fantastic monitored record, and voila, new tout sucker...er, customer.

Word of warning, in his 15 year rise from the ashes to be a phenominal capper, or whatever he said, his 15 years of becoming the best led to...martingaling baseball systems? ouch.

Hawks Fan

EOG Enthusiast

Mr. Fly show me your record? Show what you bring to this forum besides hatred and running "another" good poster, capper off the forum...

You are making accusations that you have no proof of...You are making assumptions, that is all...

You provide nothing to this site at all...

I am a big boy I can analyze people's plays myself.. I don't need nor want you "protecting" me and I am sure most of the guys on here feel the same way...

So tell me what do you have personally against ned?

He posted plays and shared information he collected. He shared his insights on capping... We don't need people like yourself here, who police the cappers here... You are a detriment to this forum and I have no idea why the owners and mods want people like you on here...

So tell me do you even place bets? Do you get your joy picking people apart when they post? Be a useful poster to this forum by showing us your capping skills, show us your plays...

Hawks Fan

EOG Enthusiast

Mr Smith are those accusations based on facts or are you assuming things???

Not defending but I am sick of people posting accusations with no facts, only making assumptions...

It is disingenious to post things like this without posting actual facts pointing to the accusations you are making...

Grreen Fly

EOG Member

I didn't post the actual record only because I didn't have it handy, I used those results as an example, for Pete's sake. Please don't insult my intelligence by implying that I would simply throw out a statement like that without any backup. If you think I'm 'twisting numbers' I can tell you any record I want and you'll just say I'm full of shit. This is ridiculous, you are acting as judge, jury and executioner. Bracket Buster=40-27, +12 units. Conference tournaments=37-16, +20 units. Now tell me how stupid I am to not have questioned him then. If you had come into the thread back then, I would have missed out on some good money. The time I needed you to butt in was for the NCAA's when he tanked with 7-20 and I dropped 14.5 units.

Hey, I really didn't mean to imply you were the one doing the twisting. Rereading it I guess I can understand you taking it that way but I promise that wasn't the intention.

I'm happy for you he went on a good run while you were tailing him. I promise you those samples aren't nearly large enough to evaluate a capper's ability based on his record alone. That's why I like evaluating analysis instead because it gets you your answer way faster.

Anytime you challenge someone's analysis and the defence is "here is my record" while the analysis gets ignored, that should be a huge red light.

Grreen Fly

EOG Member

So tell me what do you have personally against ned?

Nothing, yet. I say "yet" only because I am still undecided whether he is intentionally trying to mislead everyone with his analysis or whether he really believes it is sound. I'm leaning to the former since he doesn't seem to have much interest in discussing it but I am still not 100% sure.

Either way, I've presented a very good case for why his systems are suspect (using the NBA Playoff Under one as an example here). Everyone is free to accept or ignore it as they see fit. There's no harm in posting analysis as long as it's don in an open and honest manner.

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

Mr Smith are those accusations based on facts or are you assuming things???

Not defending but I am sick of people posting accusations with no facts, only making assumptions...

It is disingenious to post things like this without posting actual facts pointing to the accusations you are making...

was he may be Ace-Ace and just a guess unclear in some way that I am stating an opinion and not calling it a fact?

jeesh

Hawks Fan

EOG Enthusiast

Mr Smith you are doing a disservice to everybody here by posting accusations... You are slandering both of those people because you do not know if they are one in the same..

Very slick of you to throw it out there, most people don't pay enough attention so you get your agenda across...

Fly I see you do not want to answer my question... I expected nothing less as you to have an agenda... I am glad you analyze so well... Can we see you post your plays and how you analyze and cap... I can't find any post where you actually add value to this forum...

Do you even bet or do you just come here to knock people down???

Show me your value, show me how good your analysis is and post your plays... Otherwise you are a fraud... You can analyze whatever you want and talk a good game but "SHOW US THE MONEY"!!!

I take that you are an academia and nothing more... You like to theorize but never take it any farther...

munson15

I want winners...

<TABLE class=tborder id=post2087085 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid" align=right> #1 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 0px solid" width=175>Ned<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_2087085", true); </SCRIPT>
EOG Addicted

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_2087085 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid"> MIAMI @ ATLANTA
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1>The Miami Heat and Atlanta Hawks are already locked into their playoff slots, and Miami will open the playoffs in Atlanta. So what these teams have to gain here is nothing, and it has already been announced Wade won't play here. Additionally, these teams aren't going to show the other nothing. Should be a quick played game, without a lot of free throws and clock stoppages. So what is Miami like without Wade?

WADE SIZZLING FINISH:

Wade went for 50 vs Utah 25 games ago and finished the season from that point on averaging nearly 35ppg.

It is quite evident the Heat were dependent on him before he took the offense into his own hands, but now even moreso.

ON THE SEASON WADE AVERAGES 30.2ppg

WHEN HE REACHES 30 (HIS AVG):

MIAMI IS 29-9 to the OVER
WHEN HE DOESN'T: THEY ARE 11-26

SINCE HIS SIZZLING FINISH:

MIAMI O/U RECORD WHEN WADE HITS HIS AVG+: 14-2 OVER
WHEN HE SCORED UNDER HIS AVG 29 or LESS: 1-8 OVER

WADE AND THE HEAT TOTALS BY SCORING RANGE:

WADE SCORING:

30+ 29-9 OVER
27-29 5-7 OVER
24-26 3-5-1 OVER
21-23 2-6 OVER
18-20 0-4 OVER
17 or less 1-4

You can see a direct correlation to what happens when his points go down, the amount of OVERS go down with it!!! Well tonight his contribution will be 0.

ATLANTA:

DEFENSE is now in the top 10 in fewest points allowed, and allowing under 90 a game at home.

APRIL NBA HISTORY:

TEAMS THAT WIN BETWEEN 51-60% OF THEIR GAMES MEETING LATE IN THE SEASON (APRIL): 40-14 UNDER (63% OF THOSE GAMES BEAT THE TOTAL BY 7 OR MORE POINTS)

MIAMI @ ATLANTA UNDER 190.5

RATING: MEDIUM

--------------------This is good info guys, that's what I'm going to miss. And nobody asked me for a nickel, ever. I sent several messages over the last few months, just talking sports, and Ned never even hinted that I could have anything other than what he posted for free at EOG.------------------
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Hawks Fan

EOG Enthusiast

Munson it is painfully obvious that those two have an agenda with people who post how they cap and what they bet...

Meanwhile they sit in their ivory tower and add nothing at all... Tell us how great they are at analysis but never put their supposed knowledge to the test by actually putting money on a game...

Everybody had their own way of doing things but if you don't do it their way then you are wrong or flawed... We lost another good person from this site and the mods don't even give a fuck...

This place is no different than all the others... Let all the dead weight and people with an agenda stay while valuable good people leave....

babaoriley

EOG Addicted

I'm not on either side of this argument but Munson is correct. I don't pay for picks and generally think of myself as a pretty good capper, but I blindly tailed the Bracket Buster system (playing small) based on previous threads from past years and it was incredible. The logic was sound enough and it hit. Whether it was luck or not, Ned had predicted 63% or so and hit it, easily. I then followed, playing heavy, the conference tourneys and made an absolute killing. This is not 'spin' and the system wasn't like these past couple 'systems' have been (baseball dog RL) where there were subjective pieces. I haven't touched the MLB system because I find the premise flawed and the subjectivity required to play it inherently flaws it further.

Grreen Fly, your efforts here are noble. Just make sure you're listening to the cappers who are giving you the facts, as Munson was. The question isn't whether or not Ned's systems made a killing in Bracket Buster/Conf. Tourneys. They did. Period. Add in his scattered NBA plays in the reg season, and I bet the guy is still way over 57% on this forum over the past 6 months. Again, I'm just relaying facts. Dude should have been able to answer questions about his systems but you didn't have to hop in with "The circus is in town" quotes either. That's juvenile, regardless of intent.

Grreen Fly

EOG Member

Yeah, I didn't do myself any favours with my first few posts. Was probably having a bad day.

Still, it's possible that I am a jerk AND have some good points to make. These are not mutually exclusive traits. Me being a jerk isn't going to help or hurt anyone here. I respectfully submit however that my info can help you.

A good scientist doesn't run away while his work is undergoing peer review. A good scientist will engage his critics until the truth comes out. IMO Ned running away when his ideas are challenged is a little pathetic.

Hawks Fan

EOG Enthusiast

Fly, you are an arrogant, ignorant, piece of shit, smug, douchebag...

You have no class, there is a right way to question someone's work and a wrong way... How you went about dealing with Ned was classless...

Not agreeing with someone is fine and I am all for it but to be ignorant and attack someone personally and attack their integrity for no reason, then I am sorry... From where I come from that would get you hurt very badly...

I have no problem with what you were saying just how you said it and how you attack people... Show some class...

Show us some plays from your analysis also... I would guess you do not bet and you just like to play with numbers... So you are a fraud... How do you expect people to listen to ayou and take you serious when you don't even play???

babaoriley

EOG Addicted

Yeah, I didn't do myself any favours with my first few posts. Was probably having a bad day.

Still, it's possible that I am a jerk AND have some good points to make. These are not mutually exclusive traits. Me being a jerk isn't going to help or hurt anyone here. I respectfully submit however that my info can help you.

A good scientist doesn't run away while his work is undergoing peer review. A good scientist will engage his critics until the truth comes out. IMO Ned running away when his ideas are challenged is a little pathetic.

Bad days are allowed and frankly I don't think anyone had a problem with your questions. They were legitimate concerns. Backfitting arbitrary data to fit a system is different than finding a system. That said, I just posted a thread about playing the UNDER of the 2H of the SA/DAL game. I offered no analysis whatsover and simply posted that it was a strong play. Isn't that even more irresponsible than what Ned was doing? He was posting pretty solid analysis (at least he was before this current spate of playoff systems and his MLB system). The above example that Munson quoted was an example of the type of thought that went into every one of his posts. My post offered nothing. Shouldn't I be facing some "Let's see some analysis to go with your pick" heat?

Look, this is a forum of experienced but not professional (for the most part) cappers. There are some very good players here and some that are still learning. If your intention was to show the latter crowd that Ned's systems weren't based on solid premises, then great. Yes, that would be valuable. It didn't seem like that was your intent though. Regardless, we're splitting hairs here. Ned's gone, for better or worse, and though his systems of late have been flawed and performed badly, I think he was fun to read at the very least, and actually quite knowledgeable at his best. Certainly didn't mean harm. Whatever. Let's get back to doing what we do best: capping games and posting plays.

I am eager to see a few of your +EV wagers, Fly. And I'm not saying that in a taunting or sarcastic way. I hope you make people money.

ComptrBob

EOG Master

That said, I just posted a thread about playing the UNDER of the 2H of the SA/DAL game. I offered no analysis whatsover and simply posted that it was a strong play. Isn't that even more irresponsible than what Ned was doing? He was posting pretty solid analysis (at least he was before this current spate of playoff systems and his MLB system). The above example that Munson quoted was an example of the type of thought that went into every one of his posts. My post offered nothing. Shouldn't I be facing some "Let's see some analysis to go with your pick" heat?

To answer your question, I have no problem at all with just posting a pick especially a 2ndH. Questions can be asked later if some poster needs some clarification.

Ned's "system" posts were not necessarily irresponsible, however they were of questionable statistical and historic value, several posters criticized them before I. I took the time to point out that the 80-0 system as stated was wrong. It was 78-2 and instead of 80 units won, instead netted only 78-47 = 31 units. Big difference.

Rather than admit his error, he first blatantly ignored his first post which said "pass games between playoff teams". He switched the rules to bet both sides of games between playoff teams. When I pointed out the contradiction, again he didn't admit the original error. but began a personal attack on me for being "negative". He never did acknowledge his error.

My point in raising these errors and analysing and discussing the statistical weakness of these systems is to engage others, including Ned, in discussion and evaluation. Such systems very easily can be constructed by datamining, but be of little statistical value, even though they actually appear very logical.

babaoriley

EOG Addicted

To answer your question, I have no problem at all with just posting a pick especially a 2ndH. Questions can be asked later if some poster needs some clarification.

Ned's "system" posts were not necessarily irresponsible, however they were of questionable statistical and historic value, several posters criticized them before I. I took the time to point out that the 80-0 system as stated was wrong. It was 78-2 and instead of 80 units won, instead netted only 78-47 = 31 units. Big difference.

Rather than admit his error, he first blatantly ignored his first post which said "pass games between playoff teams". He switched the rules to bet both sides of games between playoff teams. When I pointed out the contradiction, again he didn't admit the original error. but began a personal attack on me for being "negative". He never did acknowledge his error.

My point in raising these errors and analysing and discussing the statistical weakness of these systems is to engage others, including Ned, in discussion and evaluation. Such systems very easily can be constructed by datamining, but be of little statistical value, even though they actually appear very logical.

I don't disagree with a single thing in this post, for the record. The 4-game Martingale system was my first glimpse at what I deemed questionable theory. The logic and history behind his Bracket Buster and Conference Tourney systems seemed sound enough and proved sound. His NCAA tourney system started off miserable and I was lucky to sense that something was wrong early on (then again, Ned got out fairly early also). But that MLB chase system was not good gambling. Period. The +RL bets were head scratchers, but not potential bankroll killers like that chase system. The NBA playoff systems weren't defined well enough and lacked a reasonably premise. I think Ned should have been prepared to answer questions about the viability of his systems... I don't really have much else to say. i wish the initial questions ould have taken more of a dialogue-type tone and actually sparked discussion but instead it ot into a pissing match. Selah. It's over now. Let's all win some money.

Jon in Oakland

EOG Enthusiast

If I owned a forum, I would complete abolish all rights of anyone that had anything negative to add, and nothing positive.

What's stoppin' ya? It's not an expensive proposition and there are no discernible skills required. I ought to know.

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

Im sure Ace-Ace, er, Ned, er..... whoever will let the mini-flock in on the new posting name, one that will not have this annoying ggreen fly questioing methods and documenting picks, or the "bashers" or "haters" or broke gamblers around.

munson15

I want winners...

Gee, Smitty, I sure hope Fly will come in and document the record for us under Ned's new posting handle. I didn't know what the fuck his W-L was, or his units, or why he was playing what he did. Let us know when Ned starts ghosting his picks, I sure wouldn't want to be drawn into some scheme of his again and lose my shirt.:cheers

ouch

EOG Dedicated

Im sure Ace-Ace, er, Ned, er..... whoever will let the mini-flock in on the new posting name, one that will not have this annoying ggreen fly questioing methods and documenting picks, or the "bashers" or "haters" or broke gamblers around.

Mr. Smith.....let me get this straight....Ned, who you claim is a tout, comes on this sight in December, 2006, and proceeds in roughly over 400 picks to hit for between 63 and 65 percent. He makes over 600 posts, never once mentioning a website in which EOGers can contact him to buy his picks. His posts are thoughtful and analytical (with the exception of some that were made in the last two weeks), and he makes followers a boatload of money. ( I am up in the low five figures from 3 years of Bracketbusters alone.)

That doesn't sound like the modus operandi of most of the touts I have heard of. They are usually pushing their websites 3 posts in, on the first day they are here.

And then not only is he a tout, but lo and behold, you figured out he is the notorious ACE-ACE. Amazing! Your powers of deduction know absolutely no bounds. The new Sherlock Holmes has been born.

My suggestion would be to go back and re-read his posts, compile what his record is, and after you have done that, then you can comment. Otherwise, you just look like an asshole.

But then again, that is your right as a forum poster.

Grreen Fly

EOG Member

Mr. Smith.....let me get this straight....Ned, who you claim is a tout

He's not just "claiming" it, Ned himself admitted it yesterday and posted a link to his site where he sells his picks. If you or anyone else is interested in the site please PM me and I will be happy to tell you what it is.

proceeds in roughly over 400 picks to hit for between 63 and 65 percent.

I don't believe this for a second. You're just making numbers up. If there was an effort to document his entire history on the site and I missed it then please post the thread.

never once mentioning a website in which EOGers can contact him to buy his picks.

He never mentioned it because it's against the site rules. As I mentioned above, he did exactly just that yesterday in this very thread.

I suspect many of Ned's supporters, including possibly ouch, are just Ned ghosts. But I'm surprised many of you others who know how the tout world operates fell for Ned. There are lots of well-known tricks touts can use to contrive an impressive "record". Really, if the guy is capable of producing all these winners, do you really think he's going to spend his time marketing himself so he can get your 25 bucks for his Play of the Day?

Hawks Fan

EOG Enthusiast

All I did with Ned's post's is learn and win... All I learn from you Mr Smith is to hate... Do you even post anything of substance? Do you even bet? Show us how smart you are and give us your plays, you piece of shit...

Ned was a good poster and added value to this forum unlike you Mr Smith, you add nothing, nada, zilch, zip... Never even hinted in my dealings with him that he was on a pay site, always just talked, gave info, and answered questions...

It is obvious these people have an agenda against winning.... Maybe they are jealous because it is not them getting the glory...Maybe they are just assholes... Maybe they are sitting in their mothers basement typing these things because they have no life and are losers...

Whatever it is does not matter as we have lost another asset to this forum...I am calling out the mods and owners of this site to get rid of the pieces of shit like Mr Smith, like Grreen Fly, and others like them and throw them off of here, they are a liability not an asset...

Ban them, ban their i.p. addresses, clean this site up and make it a place where we can share info, post info, and move in one direction so we can all win...