26 HOMERUN IN 6 GAMES...WTF????

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated
Re: 26 HOMERUN IN 6 GAMES...WTF????

It really is ridiculous. All the HRs today were legit but I have definitely seen some pop flys go for HRs to right field.

SC do you think it is the wind in the Stadium? Is right field facing a different direction in the new stadium?

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

It was a record for the most hr's in the first 6 games of any stadium (old record was 25 back in 1955 I believe)

<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="vaTextBold"> Stadium (current name)</td> <td class="vaTextBold"> Location</td> <td class="vaTextBold">
Debut​
</td> <td class="vaTextBold">
HR in first homestand​
Games​
Per game, homestand​
Per game, first year​
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="7"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="vaText">Camden Yards</td> <td class="vaText">Baltimore</td> <td class="vaText">
1992​
</td> <td class="vaText">
5​
3​
1.7​
1.8​
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="7"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="vaText">Progressive Field</td> <td class="vaText">Cleveland</td> <td class="vaText">
1994​
2​
2​
1.0​
2.6​
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="7"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="vaText">Rangers Ballpark</td> <td class="vaText">Texas</td> <td class="vaText">
1994​
12​
6​
2.0​
2.1​
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="7"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="vaText">Coors Field</td> <td class="vaText">Colorado</td> <td class="vaText">
1995​
3​
2​
1.5​
3.3​
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="7"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="vaText">Turner Field</td> <td class="vaText">Atlanta</td> <td class="vaText">
1997​
7​
6​
1.2​
1.6​
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="7"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="vaText">Chase Field</td> <td class="vaText">Arizona</td> <td class="vaText">
1998​
14​
6​
2.3​
2.2​
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="7"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="vaText">Safeco Field</td> <td class="vaText">Seattle</td> <td class="vaText">
1999​
16​
8​
2.0​
2.2​
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="7"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="vaText">Comerica Park</td> <td class="vaText">Detroit</td> <td class="vaText">
2000​
11​
8​
1.4​
1.7​
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="7"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="vaText">Minute Maid Park</td> <td class="vaText">Houston</td> <td class="vaText">
2000​
24​
6​
4.0​
3.3​
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="7"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="vaText">AT&T Park</td> <td class="vaText">San Francisco</td> <td class="vaText">
2000​
16​
5​
3.2​
2.1​
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="7"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="vaText">Miller Park</td> <td class="vaText">Milwaukee</td> <td class="vaText">
2001​
31​
9​
3.4​
2.7​
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="7"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="vaText">PNC Park</td> <td class="vaText">Pittsburgh</td> <td class="vaText">
2001​
6​
3​
2.0​
1.9​
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="7"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="vaText">Great American Ball Park</td> <td class="vaText">Cincinnati</td> <td class="vaText">
2003​
22​
6​
3.7​
2.7​
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="7"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="vaText">Citizens Bank Park</td> <td class="vaText">Philadelphia</td> <td class="vaText">
2004​
24​
8​
3.0​
2.8​
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="7"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="vaText">Petco Park</td> <td class="vaText">San Diego</td> <td class="vaText">
2004​
10​
9​
1.1​
1.6​
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="7"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="vaText">Busch Stadium</td> <td class="vaText">St. Louis</td> <td class="vaText">
2006​
16​
6​
2.7​
2.2​
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="7"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="vaText">Nationals Park</td> <td class="vaText">Washington</td> <td class="vaText">
2008​
2​
1​
2.0​
1.9​
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="7"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="vaText">Yankee Stadium</td> <td class="vaText">New York</td> <td class="vaText">
2009​
20​
4​
5.0​
<emdash> ---</emdash>​
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="7"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="vaText">Citi Field</td> <td class="vaText">New York</td> <td class="vaText">
2009​
10​
6​
1.7​
<emdash>---</emdash>​
</td></tr></tbody></table>s

diogee

^^^
Was without the last 2 games.

There have been 26 home runs at the stadium, one more than the previous record for the first six games at a major league venue. That had been established at Kansas City's Municipal Stadium in 1955, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.

Seems if there is a breeze that any ball hit towards right field flies out with the short porch.

mofome

Banned

records being set for HRs and their best slugger aint even in the lineup AND they just spend 200 million on a couple new aces. So, you're saying, it could be much worse?

Dump this place.

diogee

records being set for HRs and their best slugger aint even in the lineup AND they just spend 200 million on a couple new aces. So, you're saying, it could be much worse?

Dump this place.
:doh1 Designed to get A-Rod closer to the record and up run production so it makes their high priced payroll look better.

Looks like the type of park any ace pitcher wants to pitch in. :shoot:

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

:doh1 Designed to get A-Rod closer to the record and up run production so it makes their high priced payroll look better.

Looks like the type of park any ace pitcher wants to pitch in. :shoot:

I assure you the Yankee brass are not happy with what is transpiring. It is very tough to win champinships in a ballpark that is tough for pitchers. Wears down the staff and bullpen. Ask the old Rockies about that.

diogee

I assure you the Yankee brass are not happy with what is transpiring. It is very tough to win champinships in a ballpark that is tough for pitchers. Wears down the staff and bullpen. Ask the old Rockies about that.
Yeah I meant it in a joking fashion...a little sleep deprived. Had read that Cashman is quite concerned about it. Impossible to keep the arms rested with that many home runs...should be interesting to see if the trend keeps up.

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

SC do you think it is the wind in the Stadium? Is right field facing a different direction in the new stadium?

I don't think it will be as bad as people think. The 4 game swing with the Indians over the weekend is where it got ridiculous. It was VERY windy here those days and those 2 clubs have some very powerful lineups. PLus, with it being a blowout, both clubs had pretty much minor league pitchers in for mopup duty. The HRs yesterday were all legit.

Not sure how the positioning of the new stadium is to the old stadium. I think it is actually reverse. I think the new stadium's 3rd base line is parallel with the old stadium 1st base line but I could be wrong.

Finance

EOG Veteran

I was listening to the local sports radio yesterday and they had the GM from the Orioles AAA team on and he has talked to some folks who told him that the problem is that the old stadium is still up right next to it and that's causing all of the wind issues. Once they tear down the old stadium it should mitigate the problem a little.

I have no idea if he knows what he's talking about, but he's been in the business for 40 years and has a lot of good contacts...

ballwonder

EOG Master

I was listening to the local sports radio yesterday and they had the GM from the Orioles AAA team on and he has talked to some folks who told him that the problem is that the old stadium is still up right next to it and that's causing all of the wind issues. Once they tear down the old stadium it should mitigate the problem a little.

I have no idea if he knows what he's talking about, but he's been in the business for 40 years and has a lot of good contacts...

Heard the same thing on cnn sports yesterday on t.v. At least they better hope that gets the job done or this could be a disaster for yanks fans.......... he he he.