boston celtics -6 is the only way to go

gridironguy

EOG Veteran
the fact that 5 of the previous 6 gms have been close means NOTHING, because gm 7s have a way of getting out of hand score wise and it is usually in favor the hm team, i predict the pressure will get to chicago big time and they will wilt, the only gm where the celtics really had their backs against the wall was gm 3 because it was 1-1 and if they lost gm 3 theyd be down 2-1 with a gm 4 in chicago coming, and what happened? the celtics blew them out

expect the celtics to cover the small number in a gm where the fans will be going absolutely nuts, and the celtics will play at an even higher level than they already have, it's the celtics -6 or you just watch as a fan, nothing else can be the play tonight

shdw01

EOG Dedicated
Re: boston celtics -6 is the only way to go

I agree with this but I think I"m gonna pass this game cause I really want to cheer for about 6 OTs today

Heim

EOG Master

If the Celtics are the way to go then why are all the square books
begging for Boston money at -5.5??

obehave

EOG Member

The Celts are 19-4 straight-up in game 7's but are 9-12-2 in terms of the spread (-6) that is the betting line. I don't post locks or sure things because locks exsist somewhere between unicorns and rainbows. I see what your saying. I will go one step beyond callling this wager one sided and say that sometime in the 4th Q David Ortiz enters the game points in your direction and homers with his bat between his man boobs.

janus

EOG Dedicated

the fact that 5 of the previous 6 gms have been close means NOTHING, because gm 7s have a way of getting out of hand score wise and it is usually in favor the hm team, i predict the pressure will get to chicago big time and they will wilt, the only gm where the celtics really had their backs against the wall was gm 3 because it was 1-1 and if they lost gm 3 theyd be down 2-1 with a gm 4 in chicago coming, and what happened? the celtics blew them out

expect the celtics to cover the small number in a gm where the fans will be going absolutely nuts, and the celtics will play at an even higher level than they already have, it's the celtics -6 or you just watch as a fan, nothing else can be the play tonight

i don't see any reference in your post as to why -6 is a valid number relative to, say, -5 or -7... are you saying boston is the play no matter what the number is?

gridironguy

EOG Veteran

If the Celtics are the way to go then why are all the square books
begging for Boston money at -5.5??

they were begging us to take orlando + the pts against philly when howard was out and some of us obliged :houra

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="oddRow"><td class="dateCell">04/30/2009 - 04:45 PM</td><td class="idCell">NBA </td><td class="pickCell">[557] ORL GM6 +6-110
Score: ORL GM6(114) - PHI GM6(89)</td><td class="statusimgCell">WIN</td></tr></tbody></table>

Wade

EOG Master

Boston moneyline. I need this one bad. Please pray for me.

obehave

EOG Member

64.8% are taking Chicago +6 is the reason for the dropping of the spread. That always makes me shiver. Sometimes it's good to piss in the wind. I enjoyed all the articles (yahoo, espn) etc; wanting to fast forward to game 7 of the Orlando/Phil series. The hardest thing about making the dinero is knowing when to piss in the wind. I truly believe that there are commericals that need to be aired and you will not be around to see them if the game is out of hand.

Heim

EOG Master

64.8% are taking Chicago +6 is the reason for the dropping of the spread. That always makes me shiver. Sometimes it's good to piss in the wind. I enjoyed all the articles (yahoo, espn) etc; wanting to fast forward to game 7 of the Orlando/Phil series. The hardest thing about making the dinero is knowing when to piss in the wind. I truly believe that there are commericals that need to be aired and you will not be around to see them if the game is out of hand.

That 65% is not moving the line Mr. Have....when you have the volume of any game 7 it's usually smart money doing the work. The plethora of gridironguy type bets don't register on any screen..If you got +6.5 consider yourself lucky. Most of the big syndicates took them out early.....

I think it may be close at the half, even possibly with the Bulls ahead, that would be the time I'd bet Boston for Q3 or H2.

note: I have Bulls for the series +550 , bet after game 5. I could buy out of that for a profit, if desired, but I'm waiting until halftime to decide.

janus

EOG Dedicated

i was recently accused on this board of being someone who doesn't cap. guilty as charged. as far as i've seen, that applies to 98% of the posters here. if you aren't putting a number on a game, you're not capping. i could get on here and post statistical shit about every game i see, but unless my research brings me to an independent number, i have no basis for evaluating any game relative to its line. wagering on any game without having an independent calculated opinion of the line is the stuff donkeys are made of.

price-to-value, gentlemen. otherwise you're guessing.

obehave

EOG Member

That 65% isn't moving the line lol. I differ to beg and in some cases I beg to differ. Clearly, you are an informed poster and I don't disagree with totality of what your saying - gridironguy type bets don't register on the screen - they do, they have, they are. Granted not to the degree of the smart money (which does exsist). I have a vagina so I learned at an early age not to get into pissing contests with boys with above average posts.

janus

EOG Dedicated

I have a vagina so I learned at an early age not to get into pissing contests with boys with above average posts.

piss away, dissenting opinions don't hurt my feelings & it needn't be a contest. my post count is probably more irrelevant that anyone's here at eog. let 'er rip.

obehave

EOG Member

lol janus. I am sure you are a good man a better lay. Best of luck on tonights wagers.

Good game so far. I'm already wondering about the second half line.

I think they will keep stepping on the gas pedal and win by more :)

J

joeybagadonuts

wow 3 point game

:shoot:

A Chicago miracle ML win here will net me my best day in a looooooooooong time. Probably just jinxed myself.
:houra

gridironguy

EOG Veteran

i was never worried, never once

doubters step the fukk off and take your medicine, 5 of the 6 gms were close but there was only one way to go in gm 7, happened exactly the goddamn way i said it would, experienced bettors knew, BOOM MOTHAFUKKA

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

a measly $500?

:LMAO

Is that a yes or no?

Minimum of 45 plays in the 30 days? Or a minimum of 60 and a maxiumum of 120, instead of ninety?

I'll tell you that my father made over a million dollars a year as a corporate lawyer and he wouldn't say a "measley" 500$. 500$ is still a good amount of change to wager on anything and he made, on average, 565$ an hour but obviously he wasn't paid by the hour.