Chew on this about the Derby Trainer

Arena Nut

EOG Addicted
1) Has won ONE race this year with a thoroughbred...a maiden on Mar. 6 at Sunland Park...the ONLY race he has won this year with a thoroughbred.

2) Previous training win was back on DEC. 27 at Sunland Park.....with a $5,000 CLAIMER and previous win to that was NOV. 29 at Zia Park !

3) Has NOT won a race with a thoroughbred going TWO TURNS since April 13, 2008 (at Sunland Park). That's more than ONE YEAR since winning a route race.

4) Has won only two route races since Feb., 2007.

Apple

Banned
Re: Chew on this about the Derby Trainer

Yeah this was a total fluke, shit like this hardly ever happens.. Half the horses hated the surface

cheapseats

EOG Master

At least the horse had some lines, with Birdstone having won the Belmont in 2004.

Heim

EOG Master

Amazing that this horse broke his maiden in the claiming ranks at
Woodbine of all places...At least he's a Kentucky bred.

Brewers in 7

EOG Dedicated

Yeah this was a total fluke, shit like this hardly ever happens.. Half the horses hated the surface

derby gonna be like this from now on, probably more than half hated the surface, some didnt like the slop, and some just like to run on the rubber tracks... but thats what makes horse racing fun having that horse who you know cant win, win... hell probably end up like da tara and never win again or never run good but they can at least say they won the derby

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

derby gonna be like this from now on, probably more than half hated the surface, some didnt like the slop, and some just like to run on the rubber tracks... but thats what makes horse racing fun having that horse who you know cant win, win... hell probably end up like da tara and never win again or never run good but they can at least say they won the derby
All true. That horse looked more like a motor scooter than a hoss, Calvin Bortel coulda been Brando in the Wild Bunch!

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

its not even that he won..its how he won..this horse improved by approx 30 lenghts over his normal runs..and he must have had the fastest last quarter mile in derby history..dd he go twenty one seconds final quarter? im leaving churchil now in the plane prior to going home and shaking my head..this horse last race was 13-1 in new mexico and finished 4th..hell the horse that beat him must be thinking preakness ha ha..how was he now only 50-1 in a 20 horse field ok 19 horses..we got tons of play in win pool and tons in the pick 3..in fact they did not pay off any pick 3 wagers for an extra hour..something in tote system was irregular...we just saw highway robbery at the derby...sad sort of changes the spot forever if there is treatment like that...

its not even that he won..its how he won..this horse improved by approx 30 lenghts over his normal runs..and he must have had the fastest last quarter mile in derby history..dd he go twenty one seconds final quarter? im leaving churchil now in the plane prior to going home and shaking my head..this horse last race was 13-1 in new mexico and finished 4th..hell the horse that beat him must be thinking preakness ha ha..how was he now only 50-1 in a 20 horse field ok 19 horses..we got tons of play in win pool and tons in the pick 3..in fact they did not pay off any pick 3 wagers for an extra hour..something in tote system was irregular...we just saw highway robbery at the derby...sad sort of changes the spot forever if there is treatment like that...

Hope you had a good trip there, try!

Do you think we could be looking at another past posting scam like with the breeders cup a few years ago? Anyone have the old ALL-ALL-8 or something? :+clueless

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

no not past post...

I think that the connections or somebody in the know...bet him heavy with all all 8 in the pic 3's (his will pays were less than the other longshots in the race)......would be interesting to know if that was true.

what an amazing run he had, Ive never seen anything like it before in a Class 1 race...he must have closed in 21-22 seconds last 1/4 mile nd the last 3/8's just amazing fast. its not just that he snuck through some post on the rail and lucked out..he did something and moved faster down the lane than any Grade 1 horse Ive ever seen...

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

no not past post...

I think that the connections or somebody in the know...bet him heavy with all all 8 in the pic 3's (his will pays were less than the other longshots in the race)......would be interesting to know if that was true.

what an amazing run he had, Ive never seen anything like it before in a Class 1 race...he must have closed in 21-22 seconds last 1/4 mile nd the last 3/8's just amazing fast. its not just that he snuck through some post on the rail and lucked out..he did something and moved faster down the lane than any Grade 1 horse Ive ever seen...
I agree. I have never seen a move down the backstretch or through the stretch like that ever. He ran like a damn quarter horse!!!! Les Onaka couldn't have picked this one.

no not past post...

Calvin Borel said when he yelled at the horse he just took off. He probably scared the shit out of the horse. Horse must've been juiced up. Wonder how that 1700 mile trip in a small horse trailer being pulled by a pickup truck went? $9500 purchase wins the Kentucky derby? Movie being made as we speak.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

Calvin Borel said when he yelled at the horse he just took off. He probably scared the shit out of the horse. Horse must've been juiced up. Wonder how that 1700 mile trip in a small horse trailer being pulled by a pickup truck went? $9500 purchase wins the Kentucky derby? Movie being made as we speak.
I remember Walter Mathau in a movie at Ruidoso Downs in New Mexico where he won the All-American Futurity. It seems like this derby winner is that movie in reverse!:+excited-:+excited-:+excited-:+excited-

Pickandwin2

EOG Dedicated

I agree. I have never seen a move down the backstretch or through the stretch like that ever. He ran like a damn quarter horse!!!! Les Onaka couldn't have picked this one.

Street Sense did it in 2007, with same jockey

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

You're right. I bet that race (and lost) and never watched the replay until you gave me that link. Almost identical trips and rides by Calvin Borel. Unbelievable........Thanks Pickandwin2!!!!!!!

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

street Sense had run monster figures in the past and was a 2 year old champ. and his move was not as spectacular fast last 3/8 mile as this one was....this was just beyond incredible.

this horse only ran 13 4/5 his last Quarter mile in his last race per Derby! That is beyond slow!... finished 4th... a non graded stakes race (granted a big purse) in which he was not played AT ALL in as he was s 13-1 in in New Mexico! :doh1

he goes form a 4th place 13-1 shot in New Mexico to only a 50-1 shot in the biggest race in North America? wow wow wow..

Maybe Borel has a battery powered whip? Or he injected him with juice when he was 30 lengths behind after the first 1/4. Just kidding but after the clunks this horse has thrown in on previous races, one never knows. NO way a horse can do what he did last Saturday after his previous races or workouts without help? Or maybe he woke up and we will witness the NEXT triple crown winner!

jam

EOG Veteran

What a ray of sunshine this dude is.

<div><iframe height="339" width="425" src="http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/28354881/vp/30539264#30539264" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe><p style="font-size:11px; font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: #999; margin-top: 5px; background: transparent; text-align: center; width: 425px;"><a href="http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/24471749" style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">Breaking sports news video</a>. <a href="http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/3032825" style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">MLB</a>, <a href="http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/3032875" style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">NFL</a>, <a href="http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/3032847" style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">NBA</a>, <a href="http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/3032803" style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">NHL highlights</a> and <a href="http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/24471749" style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">more</a>.</p></div>

Odds on this guy taking down an 8-ball on the drive to Kentucky?

What a contrast to the glory of seeing Borel so stoked after the race.

themadman

EOG Senior Member

What a ray of sunshine this dude is.

<IFRAME src="http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/28354881/vp/30539264#30539264" frameBorder=0 width=425 scrolling=no height=339></IFRAME>

Odds on this guy taking down an 8-ball on the drive to Kentucky?

What a contrast to the glory of seeing Borel so stoked after the race.[/quote]

He had $2000 win ticket!!! id be yellein like that also...........