Fisher's definitely suspended for Game 3. Will Kobe be as well?

rjt721

EOG Master
For the elbow to Artest.

If it were a lesser player involved in the same situation, it would probably be a suspension. But does the NBA want to suspend one of the two most prominent players in the league and have him miss a playoff game?

This series could be a great one now.

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere
Re: Fisher's definitely suspended for Game 3. Will Kobe be as well?

No way they suspend Kobe for anything except for a flat out punch...league needs Kobe.
Going to be one hell of a series to watch after seeing how rough tonight was...sure things will be heated the whole way.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Zero chance Kobe is suspended.

It's playoff basketball. That was a playoff play, Fisher's was just dirty and wrong.

agree wit gyno
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

railbird

EOG Master

Kobe is a longstanding cheap shot artist. He has the accidental intenional thing down pat.

agree with cee
:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

91023i2ndw;l
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

rayray

EOG Dedicated

if the league chucks dwight howard for a game, they sure as shit better look at kobe and do the same to him. it was as intentional as it gets. the guy has to realize that when a slower, but stronger player is matched up on him, he is going to take some abuse. thats how artest plays. kobe got him thrown out, but i wouldnt say theres no chance of him getting the worst of this deal.

tripp

EOG Master

i think it should definitely be looked at and it probably would be a suspension if it were anyone else on la, but since it's kobe he'll get a free pass.

he's a phenomenal player and i watch la games just for him, but this is shit i don't like. he elbowed him and will get away with it because he's kobe. i love james and he'd get the same treatment. a suspension for one should be a suspension for everyone.

it wasn't as bad as fisher's though. i don't know wtf fisher was thinking with that flat out tackle. i think fisher said afterward that he didn't think he should even of been ejected. i guess he thought he was playing hood ball?

rayray

EOG Dedicated

you are probably right tripp. kobe may not get a game cus of who he is, but shit, they gave one to dhow and he is a top 5 player who is the meat of his team like kobe is. i would imagine the orlando mgmt will express some interest in what goes on tomorrow

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

Kobe caught him with an elbow with his back to him as he was boxing him out for a rebound. Sure, he probably meant it, but there is no way you suspend a guy for that. Half of the playoff teams would miss games if they suspended for that. When Howard was suspended he actually turned to look at the Sixer and threw an elbow at him. Much different. I'm not even sure Fisher will be suspended since there was no punch or anything thrown. It sure as shit was weird and illegal but I'm not sure he will be suspended.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

lmfao people comparing howards elbow to kobes...

funny shit.

rayray

EOG Dedicated

not laughable at all. it was an obvious thrown elbow. buy yourself a rulebook if you think its not comparable. i dont give a shit what way he was facing. he meant to throw an elbow at artests face and hit him in the neck. the right thing to do is to suspend kobe for a game. its in the rules and should be inforced.

munson15

I want winners...

Bryant did absolutely NOTHING to warrant a suspension, but Fisher should get a game off for his move on Scola.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

rayray

you are funny as Shit.

LMFAO

poor thing

funny shit.

Very comparable. Two purposely thrown elbows. Kobe should be suspended for a game. Honestly, it may be better for Kobe to be suspended for a game as well.........Artest is crazy enough to take matters into his own hands and end Kobe's playoffs.

WVU

EOG Master

because Kobe's elbow was thrown above the shoulders according to the rulebook he should get a suspension.

Fisher's contact was to the body so his suspension will be subjective.

FTR, it still was bullshit Rondo didn't get either tossed or suspended for what he did to Hinrich in Game 6 either...especially after him slapping Miller in Game 5.

Boston

EOG Dedicated

elbows are thrown constantly boxing out in the post not even worth a discussion. If artest didn't get tossed nobody would even be mentioning this. It's playoff basketball toughen the fuck up guys

elbows are thrown constantly boxing out in the post not even worth a discussion. If artest didn't get tossed nobody would even be mentioning this. It's playoff basketball toughen the fuck up guys

That's well and good if the playoffs haven't started yet, but they have and the precedent has been set. Howard was suspended, Kobe should be too. Kobe won't, just like Rondo wasn't but whatever.

This is why the NHL is literally 1,000,000x better. Gary Bettman is just the worst commissioner not named Isiah Thomas.

dumb conversation.

Dumb cuz you don't agree? Awesome.

Straight from the NBA rule book:

"Officials have been instructed to eject a player who throws a punch, whether or not it connects, or an elbow which makes contact above shoulder level. If elbow contact is shoulder level or below, it shall be left to the discretion of the official as to whether the player is ejected. Even if a punch or an elbow goes undetected by the officials during the game, but is detected during a review of a videotape, that player will be penalized"

http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_k.html?nav=ArticleList

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

yay a rule book.

great stuff.

WVU

EOG Master

MC stick to posting tennis plays and try to stay away from adult discussions. Here is what you have posted in this thread:

funny shit.

rayray

you are funny as Shit.

LMFAO

poor thing

dumb conversation.

yay a rule book.

great stuff.

although you added nothing to this thread, at least you are improving your post count.:hangt

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

wvu...keep bumping your stiff list.

cool thing you got there.

seems like you have a good life.

WVU

EOG Master

wvu...keep bumping your stiff list.

cool thing you got there.

seems like you have a good life.

Bitter because you are on it as a slow payer? I do not bump the list, I add to it as they come to my attention.

Lefthook

EOG Veteran

Just heard on the radio that Fisher isnt getting any additional games and no suspension for Kobe or Artest. Everyone should be bacl for game 3. Seems like the right call to me. Let the players play and sort it out themselves