NHL tonight

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated
Is it just me or did the Caps/Pens 5-4 game look like awesome hockey and the Van/Chi 4-4 game look like sloppy bad hockey????

I can't figure out why. To me the first game looked like lots of goals scored by high powered offenses and the 2nd game looks like lots of goals scored by poor defense.... :+clueless

mofome

Banned
Re: NHL tonight

the caps and pens game was full of amazing hockey in my eyes. that game was awesome.

I have an NBA friend over and we agreed I'd watch a night of hoops if he'd watch this pair of games tonight. I've converted him to a duel fan. He wishes the pace of the NBA and the atmosphere were like that of an NHL game.

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

Hawks giving up 4 goals at home to a Vancouver team? Imagine what the Red Wings are going to do to them next round... :blink:

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

I think Hawks/Van are playing "First to 10 wins, must win by 2"..... These teams suck. Neither has any chance past this round.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Is it just me or did the Caps/Pens 5-4 game look like awesome hockey and the Van/Chi 4-4 game look like sloppy bad hockey????

I can't figure out why. To me the first game looked like lots of goals scored by high powered offenses and the 2nd game looks like lots of goals scored by poor defense.... :+clueless

100% agree but i also think because the skill level of Ovie/Crosby/Malkin is greater than anyone in the Van/Chi game this happened.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Hawks giving up 4 goals at home to a Vancouver team? Imagine what the Red Wings are going to do to them next round... :blink:

Whatever. Jesus, the Hawks have played great this post season. They'll have the goal tender advantage in the next round. The Hawks played gamble hockey tonight and they won.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

100% agree but i also think because the skill level of Ovie/Crosby/Malkin is greater than anyone in the Van/Chi game this happened.

This is retarded. The Hawks may be the most talented team in the NHL from top to bottom. The Hawks played one bad defensive game this entire series and they still won the game. Whatever...

inBaldweTrust

EOG Addicted

Congrats on the series win there Timely....Canucks manage to once again completely let down the city of vancouver...Khaby outplayed Luongo by a clear margin tonight and that was that for the Canucks.

But to make a point here regarding the Pens/Caps vs Hawks/Nucks....They're were some unreal goals scored by the Canucks and Hawks tonight...Going top cheese all night, Kane's 3'd was an unreal move and shot...

Alot of People are brainwashed by this malkin/crosby/ovie skill level is this and that...They are good players no doubt but a 4th liner won that game tonight for Wash and ovechkin was nowhere to be seen for most of that game...Yes they are tremendous players, but if you watched that hawks/nucks game tonight it was an absolute beauty.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

This is retarded. The Hawks may be the most talented team in the NHL from top to bottom. The Hawks played one bad defensive game this entire series and they still won the game. Whatever...

fair point - but all i said was the skill level of the 3 i mentioned - especially Crosby/Ovie - are so far ahead of most everyone in the league - that watching them play is such a joy to watch and they make even the most mundane games entertaining

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

fair point - but all i said was the skill level of the 3 i mentioned - especially Crosby/Ovie - are so far ahead of most everyone in the league - that watching them play is such a joy to watch and they make even the most mundane games entertaining

Kane is a better Puck handler than both of them. Both are better players, but what Kane did tonight was special. He skated the entire Canuck's defense on three occasions and perfectly placed shots. Kane is small, soft and undersized, but he's extremely talented. It's tough to say that there is a more talented puck handler.

If you watched tonight's game, it was apparent. He's small and can be pushed off the puck a lot, but he may be the best stick handler in the NHL.

It was a great game. The Hawks are every bit as talented as Pitt or Wash, and I think they may be more talented from top to bottom than both of them. Their fourth line has one of the better goal scorers in the league, Patrick Sharp, on it. That says enough.