Work the count to 3-2, what happens on the next pitch??

Buckeye

EOG Veteran
FOUL BALL!!!!

I remember hearing legendary Detroit Tigers announcer Ernie Harwell say this once, and it seems ohhh so true. He said that if you are in a bar watching a baseball game, whenever the count gets to 3-2 bet the guy next to you a beer that the next pitch is a foul ball.

Way more often than not, it is!

Buckeye

EOG Veteran
Re: Work the count to 3-2, what happens on the next pitch??

Actually Ernie's quote was something to the effect, "show me a guy who makes this bet while in a bar, and I'll show you an alcoholic."

Ahh, good ole Ernie.....and what if it were a 3-2 count, the batter took strike three and Ernie was calling the game???

"He stood there like the house by the side of the road and watched it go by."

betfirstclass

EOG Dedicated

FOUL BALL!!!!

I remember hearing legendary Detroit Tigers announcer Ernie Harwell say this once, and it seems ohhh so true. He said that if you are in a bar watching a baseball game, whenever the count gets to 3-2 bet the guy next to you a beer that the next pitch is a foul ball.

Way more often than not, it is!

Very simple WHY this is a fact

if you wager that it will NOT be Foul, U CAN ONLY WIN ONCE

if you wager the other way, u can lose 1,2,3,4,5,6,7, consecutive times . . . . I was Maybe 7 when I came to this conclusion & yes Have made Few Bucks on it ........

Kinda Like in POKER, Bet the FLOP contains a "JACK" or HIGHER

is like STealing ..........

Buckeye

EOG Veteran

Very simple WHY this is a fact

if you wager that it will NOT be Foul, U CAN ONLY WIN ONCE

if you wager the other way, u can lose 1,2,3,4,5,6,7, consecutive times . . . . I was Maybe 7 when I came to this conclusion & yes Have made Few Bucks on it ........

Kinda Like in POKER, Bet the FLOP contains a "JACK" or HIGHER

is like STealing ..........

That's very true, in a sense. In your scenario once you get the first foul ball on a 3-2 count, the rest of the at-bat (if you can get a sucker), you're playing with house money.

What Ernie was referring to was only the pitch immediately following the pitch that brought on the 3-2 count.

Anyway, good point!

And with that, I am off to a middle school band concert that is likely to last, ohhh, 13 days:doh1 Bad enough I already had the Mets today, now I have to suffer through another headache:LMAO....ahh, but they are only young once, and they are getting older by the minute.