Betphoenix and EOG Present The 2009 American Idol Contest With $2000 In Prize Money

PO69

EOG Master
Re: Betphoenix and EOG Present The 2009 American Idol Contest With $2000 In Prize Money

I am actually rooting against Matt this week now that EVERYONE took it that Matt was going home! If he goes home, then I am out of the running most likely

PO69

EOG Master
Re: Betphoenix and EOG Present The 2009 American Idol Contest With $2000 In Prize Money

Thinking ahead a bit here, what sort of tiebreaker could be used for the final week.

Maybe no tiebreaker is needed and you can just chop up the prizes those whom are tied and hopefully no more than 1 person if tied for last prize place

ballwonder

EOG Master

Thinking ahead a bit here, what sort of tiebreaker could be used for the final week.

Maybe no tiebreaker is needed and you can just chop up the prizes those whom are tied and hopefully no more than 1 person if tied for last prize place

Ummmm no, the tiebreaker will be announced by the start of next week. Thanks for the input.

Ummmm no, the tiebreaker will be announced by the start of next week. Thanks for the input.

Just hoping it is not picking a side or total in a NBA playoff game to break a tie in a singing contest. maybe how many total votes will be cast the final week would be something to consider Ryan always saids before they annouce who goes the vote total he will say with over 45 milli0n votes cast this week so dah dah dah is going home.

But since he dont give an exact total then 45 million would be the number to use ignore the word over. so whoever is closet to 45 million would win and to make sure 2 posters dont have the same make them post a exact number like

45,170,123 would be closer to someone that posted 44,877,144

Just a ideal, been a fun contest and would just hate to see a basketball side or total used to break a tie IMO

ballwonder

EOG Master

Wrigley brought the tiebreaker idea to me about 1 month ago and I thought it was a very good idea. The tiebreaker will be as follows:

You must predict the total number of votes cast in the final week of who wins the show. Meaning if for example Wrigley and PO69 where tied or anyone else for that matter each would predict the total number of votes cast (ie: 45,500,364) Closest poster to the number that Ryan states is the winner. Just so we are clear, if Ryan says and with 45 million votes cast the winner is........the person who is closest to 45 million wins.......NOT DOWN TO THE LAST LITTLE NUMBER it is whoever is closer to the number that Ryan says.

Also you MUST use your double shot prior to the last week. This was stated very early on in the rules that the double shot cannot be used during the final two contestants.

ballwonder

EOG Master

Again just so we are clear and that no one is confused if we need to use the tiebreaker

IF RYAN SAYS WITH OVER 45 MILLION VOTES. THE NUMBER WE USE FOR THE TIEBREAKER IS 45 MILLION. NOT 45.1 MILLION. CONSIDER WHEN HE SAYS OVER AS A NON-EXISTANT PART OF THE CONTEST. JUST THE NUMBER HE GIVES IS THE NUMBER WE ARE USING FOR THE TIE BREAKER.

Allison Iraheta :+waving-5

PO69

EOG Master

I have no idea!

I have voted in this contest for Kris to leave on 2 other occassions and he wasnt even in the bottom 3 in those occassions!!!!

Boy do I ever suck!!

But I will go with KRIS ALLEN leaving

ballwonder

EOG Master

From now to the remainder of the contest I will send my picks via private message to Blondie and she will post them in the contest thread for me. In the morning when I get up I will release the plays like I normally due. Good luck everyone.

Brock

EOG Dedicated

Alison goes.

Blondie

EOG Master

Private Message: American Idol Contest <table id="post" class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr> <td class="thead" style="border-style: solid none solid solid; border-color: rgb(102, 0, 0) -moz-use-text-color rgb(102, 0, 0) rgb(102, 0, 0); border-width: 1px 0px 1px 1px; font-weight: normal;"> 05-05-09, 09:23 PM </td> <td class="thead" style="border-style: solid solid solid none; border-color: rgb(102, 0, 0) rgb(102, 0, 0) rgb(102, 0, 0) -moz-use-text-color; border-width: 1px 1px 1px 0px; font-weight: normal;" align="right"> </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td class="alt2" style="border-style: none solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color rgb(102, 0, 0); border-width: 0px 1px;" width="175"> ballwonder <script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_", true); </script>
R.I.P. Harry Kalas

</td> <td class="alt1" id="td_post_" style="border-right: 1px solid rgb(102, 0, 0);"> American Idol Contest
<hr style="color: rgb(102, 0, 0);" size="1"> Blondie, tonight and then for the next two weeks (remainder of the American Idol Contest) I am going to send you a private message with my selection of who will be getting voted off. Please copy and paste this pm for me in this thread.

http://forums.eog.com/bet-phoenix-20...-a-211981.html

My Selection for tonight is

Allison Iraheta
</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color rgb(102, 0, 0) rgb(102, 0, 0); border-width: 0px 1px 1px;"> </td> <td class="alt1" style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color rgb(102, 0, 0) rgb(102, 0, 0) -moz-use-text-color; border-width: 0px 1px 1px 0px;" align="right"> </td></tr></tbody></table>

biggamer3

EOG Master

Kris goes this week

I can't win voting for Chris so I'll go with Allison

PO69

EOG Master

I cant remember if I voted already.

Kris is gone

PassTheRock

EOG Master

Kris is going Home!

Bye, Kris, with a 'K'.

ballwonder

EOG Master

Man Wrigley I'll tell you what you may have been the smartest on to hold that double shot until this coming week, could really come into play.

PO69

EOG Master

Well Ball, it really doesnt matter when you use your double as long as you win it.

I mean 2 points earlier is just as good as 2 points now. Actually not using it the week that Lil Rounds went out was a big mistake though since that was obvious and it even had some cover with a 2nd person going home

Brock

EOG Dedicated

:LMAOThat's the first time Wrigley's ever
been accused of that.

Well Ball, it really doesnt matter when you use your double as long as you win it.

I mean 2 points earlier is just as good as 2 points now. Actually not using it the week that Lil Rounds went out was a big mistake though since that was obvious and it even had some cover with a 2nd person going home

I had a Danny and Adam final since the first show like most have so I can tell you without a doubt whoever survives this week allison or kris will be my double shot next week even if Adam or Danny miss the bus to the show and dont show up and sing..

ballwonder

EOG Master

Good week, coming down the final stretch. Dont forget if you have a double shot remaining it must be used next week. Best of luck and see everyone next week.

Brock

EOG Dedicated

Kris doulble shot. bang! bang!

Kris Allen:+waving-5

Using my Double shot

PO69

EOG Master

Danny Gokey

No guts no glory, dead wife Danny tomorrow, I'll be out of the country next week so my final pick is Adam Eyeliner .... clearly the best the show has ever had, fuck you homophobic morons

biggamer3

EOG Master

Double Shot, Kris goes home this week

Blondie

EOG Master

Private Message: American Idol Contest <table id="post" class="tborder" width="100%" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td class="thead" style="border-style: solid none solid solid; border-color: rgb(102, 0, 0) -moz-use-text-color rgb(102, 0, 0) rgb(102, 0, 0); border-width: 1px 0px 1px 1px; font-weight: normal;"> 05-12-09, 09:35 PM </td> <td class="thead" style="border-style: solid solid solid none; border-color: rgb(102, 0, 0) rgb(102, 0, 0) rgb(102, 0, 0) -moz-use-text-color; border-width: 1px 1px 1px 0px; font-weight: normal;" align="right"> </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td class="alt2" style="border-style: none solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color rgb(102, 0, 0); border-width: 0px 1px;" width="175"> ballwonder <script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_", true); </script>
R.I.P. Harry Kalas

</td> <td class="alt1" id="td_post_" style="border-right: 1px solid rgb(102, 0, 0);"> American Idol Contest
<hr style="color: rgb(102, 0, 0);" size="1"> Blondie please copy and paste this pm to the AI contest thread.

My official pick is Danny Gokey to get voted off
</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color rgb(102, 0, 0) rgb(102, 0, 0); border-width: 0px 1px 1px;"> </td> <td class="alt1" style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color rgb(102, 0, 0) rgb(102, 0, 0) -moz-use-text-color; border-width: 0px 1px 1px 0px;" align="right"> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr> <td class="thead">ballwonder</td> </tr> <tr><td class="vbmenu_option">View Public Profile</td></tr> <tr><td class="vbmenu_option">Send a private message to ballwonder</td></tr> <tr><td class="vbmenu_option">Find More Posts by ballwonder</td></tr> <tr><td class="vbmenu_option"></td></tr> </tbody></table>

JeffEaglz

EOG Enthusiast

Can we see the picks???

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

Posts approved for those interested in seeing the selections and following.

ballwonder

EOG Master

Guys having some cp issues this week. Remember next week the tie breaker, we will have a simple second tie breaker if needed. Most likely something like the other contests just to keep it simple if the 2nd tie breaker is needed. Lots of ties heading into the last week. Best of luck to everyone this final week.

ballwonder

EOG Master

A few things headed into the final stretch

1. I made an error on K-One with the scoring and missed him for two weeks, sorry big fella.

2. The tie breaker is going to be as follows. You will be posting who is going HOME AGAIN......you are not posting the winner you are still posting the loser. You are also posting the tie breaker of how many total votes cast. In order to do this properly it is going to have to be posted a little different than I mentioned.
FOR EXAMPLE. I Cannot predict how Ryan will say this but he will say "With over xx million votes cast". How you will want to vote is as follows:

Adam going home

Tie: 66.422,122

The pick and tiebreak is posted before 11pm pacific coast time since phone lines close at that time.

ballwonder

EOG Master

K-One has already picked his last vote since he is away. Was a few posts up.

ballwonder

EOG Master

I'll be sending my pick to Blondie again via pm between 11pm and midnight. If she is not awake she will copy and paste it in the morning. I will release all selections in the morning. If Blondie still is not awake I will then tell you guys what I posted and she can confirm by posting it when she awakes.....whatever that all meant. Good luck tonight guys and remember the tie breaker.....Dont put just a flat number.......if you put 45 million its not good..........put 45,989,450......that is closer to 46 million in case Ryan said that for total votes.

Brock

EOG Dedicated

adam goes