TYVM Morgan William!!!
2 Game 7s tonite in the NHL

2 decent sized road dogs

which one wins tonite - if either - or both

of the 2 leeeean to the Canes

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated
Re: Which NHL Dog wins G7?

Momentum says that the Bruins win this game having survived two previous series loss attempts (including the crucial win on Carolina ice in Game 6).

For the money, the Anaheim bet is a good one. I believe that the Wings win at home, but the Pens showed last night that the favorite team at home doesn't always win. Ducks have played a grinding style that slows the Wings down. Getzlaf had a better game 6, and looked more involved. I am a Wings fan and hope that they win in their own building, but if it's a close game, watch for the Ducks to pot a fluky goal.

tripp

EOG Master

Boston/Detroit to me are the two best teams remaining and I would love to see that as the Stanley Cup finals.

With that said I see one of the two going down tonight. I still believe they are the two best teams in the league, but the best teams don't always win.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Boston/Detroit to me are the two best teams remaining and I would love to see that as the Stanley Cup finals.

With that said I see one of the two going down tonight. I still believe they are the two best teams in the league, but the best teams don't always win.

You think Boston is better than Chicago or Anaheim?

Is it april 1st?

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

i agree about the 2nd part and i do think if one wins the Canes are more likely to do so

100% disagree about the first. to me Boston is no better than the 5th best team left - only ahead of Carolina. i put Det/Ana/Chic and most definitely the Eastern Conf Champs Pitt Penguins ahead of them

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

dux will big time regret having a 5-on-3 PP for 70 sec and getting squat - was hoping they would score for my "Dux score first" play

Det will now score first - zero doubt about it

tripp

EOG Master

I think Canes tonight.

Detroit/Pitt Stanley Cup Final

Looks like it this will be true.

Amazing what Carolina has done with arguably the least talented team in the playoffs (maybe more talented than St Louis or Columbus, but certainly the least talented in the East). I think the luck runs out vs Sid and Malkin though.

We could have a great rivalry brewing here with the Wings and Pens. Both seem to be the best teams in their conference for the second straight year, and neither should be getting worse any time soon.

It will be pretty hilarious if Pens and Wings meet in the finals again and this time the Pens win after Hossa chose to sign with the Wings in the off-season. Pens fans don't like him at all anymore and I'm sure they'd love the chance to rub it in for leaving. Chances are these two teams do play each other and chances are Detroit wins again. It would be a terrific series though.

tripp

EOG Master

i agree about the 2nd part and i do think if one wins the Canes are more likely to do so

100% disagree about the first. to me Boston is no better than the 5th best team left - only ahead of Carolina. i put Det/Ana/Chic and most definitely the Eastern Conf Champs Pitt Penguins ahead of them

You could be right. In terms of "best teams" this year I'd rate the top 5 like this:

1. Detroit
2. San Jose (just don't know what happens to this team in the playoffs - the talent is certainly there to win it all though)
3. Pittsburgh
4. Anaheim
5. Boston

Then after that I would have the Caps and Hawks. I love watching this Hawks team, but I think Detroit should have an easier time with them than they did with Anaheim. Anaheim had the best goalie in the playoffs this year and that kept them in almost every game. They are also a team made for playoff success.

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

Canes are riding the hottest goalie in the playoffs with Cam Ward. He has been outstanding. He continues to play very well. They also score with four lines with no dominant player (although Staal is as close as they get). Kudos to Carolina for staying in that game last night. I picked Carolina to go to the Cup and I stand by that prediction.

Detroit managed to hang on. As far as betting goes, in both games the dog had every right to win the game. Detroit again outplayed, outchanced Anaheim, but could not get good chances against Hiller. Pronger is a monster in front of the net. Query, you take a penalty if you RAISE your stick to a guy's hip BUT you don't get a penalty for cross-checking and slashing a guy multiple times in front of your net (see Pronger). The refereeing was terrible last night in Detroit.